OKMAKI

55 minutes ago from iPhone Client

The trial of the three episodes of Spring Flower Flame is over [not simple] The rhythm is quite fast, and the cool drama has always been a routine, and the male protagonist is so crazy to criticize, and he is a little mentally problematic and a little pure at the same time? At the end of the three episodes, the heroine already knows that the enemy is not the male protagonist, and there is someone else Liu Xueyi's lines are really good, so he has a handsome face, and his expression does not collapse at all when he goes crazy Looking forward to the future development

Liu Xueyi's studio
Yesterday at 22:07 from Waiting for iPhone client
#Spring Flower Flame starts broadcasting today

# Enter the game with your body, and the crazy demon hides his true heart; Chess against opponents, try your best to break through the puzzle. Coach of 100 Ghosts@Mr_ Liu Xueyi is online today! #Liu Xueyi Spring Flower Flame# #Liu Xueyi Murong Jinghe#

ender1979  

jesus hell, why that damn white dog or cat ??
i don't want to laugh, but hell, I am OLD, that damn cat, and our ML sitting there like a spoiled pasha, reminds me of the villains from the old James bond movies, those ugly villains with that damn white cat!! I HATE THAT! grrrr whose fucking idea what that white "pet"for villains trope???

thank god, FL is badass enough, or that cat trope would kill me off the series immediately.

• eliteles1  VIP 

I understood this part differently, it's because the villain's part (is a pretense), and the little animal in his part is the sense of sensitivity. He is an ambiguous character, sensitivity and apparent insensitivity. He hides his heart, but in small acts he shows who he really is.

Loocee  

can someone spoil the relationship of the key royals for me? JH and XL are half-brothers (diff moms) and JH's mom was the empress and I'd assume XL's mom is/was a concubine? Is Yue Qin a prince, if so of which country? Which country is Zi Gu a princess of? TYSM

• A_DanielGrey  

Yue Qin is a Prince of Xiyan, Zi Gu is also a princess. They are siblings.

Haveninmuse 
    MRJH is the son of the Empress so by rights he should've been Crown Prince. But due to the "mass murder" event his reputation is ruined, he was crippled and exiled. Yue Qin and Zigu are Prince/Princess from Xiyan country, and we are currently in Yan. Prince YQ has been a hostage prince "to keep peace" and now Princess ZG and 100 beauties are to marry to Yan to further peace alliances, and release him back to Xiyan.

Very entertaining so far, though moving a bit fast with the so many reveals just 3 Eps in ?as others have mentioned, i hope this series has enough powder left dry to power this through the remaining 32 eps.. (take 10 years of scheming and suffering just to finish it all off in less than a quarter of the way into the drama? … come on!)
That said, it’s wonderful whenever the two leads are involved - they bring so much emotion, tension and suspense to the game, even when not directly facing each other - the last minutes of Ep3 where he stood apart in shadow, watching and listening to her and that final quiet chilling dismissal of his aide’s protest was just brutal yet very effective.
Cinematography-wise it’s lovely, though i wish there was more use of shadow to convey mood and tension rather than so much use of bright light and close-ups (i found the cinematography in 花间令 more nuanced esp in the small spaces) .. however that confrontation in Ep 2 with the rain softly falling was very well done (the despair, grief and rage was well wrung out)

All that said, I’m invested, because Definitely, the two leads are the best thing about this drama, apart and individually, they’re terrific; but what they can do on-screen together - is almost sublime :)

EsteYnCent  

Very entertaining so far, though moving a bit fast with the so many reveals just 3 Eps in ?as others have mentioned, i hope this series has enough powder left dry to power this through the remaining 32 eps.. (take 10 years of scheming and suffering just to finish it all off in less than a quarter of the way into the drama? … come on!)
That said, it’s wonderful whenever the two leads are involved - they bring so much emotion, tension and suspense to the game, even when not directly facing each other - the last minutes of Ep3 where he stood apart in shadow, watching and listening to her and that final quiet chilling dismissal of his aide’s protest was just brutal yet very effective.
Cinematography-wise it’s lovely, though i wish there was more use of shadow to convey mood and tension rather than so much use of bright light and close-ups (i found the cinematography in 花间令 more nuanced esp in the small spaces) .. however that confrontation in Ep 2 with the rain softly falling was very well done (the despair, grief and rage was well wrung out)

All that said, I’m invested, because Definitely, the two leads are the best thing about this drama, apart and individually, they’re terrific; but what they can do on-screen together - is almost sublime :)

• EsteYnCent  

Hide Spoiler

And no, i don’t think Murong JingHe is ‘unhinged’, despite LXY having described the role as such, the man Murong JingHe has been broken physically and in spirit and what has been fiercely, agonisingly put together again, is grimly capable of ruthless brutal calculation, yet underlying is still the son raised to be a noble man, still capable of tempering his actions with decency and compassion - he’s an intruiging character and a pleasure to observe :)

Mei Lin .. reminds me of Nikita (La Femme) .. both from the original Luc Besson movie and especially the subsequent (and excellent) Canadian series of the 90’s starring Peta Wison and Roy Dupuis :)

eliteles1  VIP
    Hide SpoilerYou described it so perfectly. And I watched this series La Femme Nikita. And the man in the story was also like this: ambiguous. And in this series, he trains her to be an assassin.

Kric
18 hours ago Edited
#Spring Flower Flame OST #
1-sadistic theme song "Spring Flower Disgust", Zhang Liangying
2-affectionately to the episode "Don't dare to meet spring", Liu Yuning
3-was reborn from the fire to the opening song "Flame", Xilina was unable to
4-ask for the episode "Regrets", Lin Fan/Wei Li'an
5-reunion to the episode "Flying Flowers into a Dream" and so on
6-Promotion song "Absolute Thought" Liu Xueyi
OP: Hear the times

Kric
18 hours ago Edited
#Spring Flower Flame OST #
1-sadistic theme song "Spring Flower Disgust", Zhang Liangying
2-affectionately to the episode "Don't dare to meet spring", Liu Yuning
3-was reborn from the fire to the opening song "Flame", Xilina was unable to
4-ask for the episode "Regrets", Lin Fan/Wei Li'an
5-reunion to the episode "Flying Flowers into a Dream" and so on
6-Promotion song "Absolute Thought" Liu Xue Yi
OP: Hear the times

Momomotaromo  11 minutes ago

I'll continue watching but as of now I'm very confused by the ML's "master plan" in regards to the female lead. I'm not impressed by the female lead either

• eliteles1  VIP 

Hide Spoiler

There is the logic of the male character's mind. And we can also say: Eastern philosophy.
    She is a piece in his game of pretense, the chess game he created (putting the loss of his life in it) and to prove and punish the true culprits. He believes in rebirth and in paying his debts, (the dead soldiers), the ghosts, he himself considers himself a ghost, because he is so connected to those who died, who deserved the honor and were betrayed.
    He knows of Mei Lin's desire for revenge, so he will be allowing her to take revenge on the culprits. When he says: She is the only one who would die with me. So, he may want to go to this point.
    (But both are people who will fight for each other's survival). I think, from the book, trailers and the episodes I have already watched.

Momo small waist essence 

26 minutes ago

The real scene of "Spring Flower Flame" is much stronger than those green screen cutouts, whether it is a big scene in the palace or a daily exterior scene, it is very real, and there are not so many filters and false cutouts.

It turns out that the real scene of the ancient puppet drama is a must-have, and now a large number of cutout dramas have appeared, making the real scene a rarity, and I have to be happy to see such a real location drama for a long time.

The filter truly restores the real skin state of each person, Wu Jinyan's entire face was covered with mud when he was injured, and he did not deliberately smear himself, and the whole person in the prison was hung up with a strong sense of realism, and it was no longer that kind of false cell.

Wu Jinyan is different from other ancient puppet heroines in that she has her own thoughts, even if she is used as a chess piece, she can break out of the game and find life for herself.

She is an ordinary person at the bottom, she doesn't have a strong royal background like the male protagonist, no one wants to help herself, and even the male protagonist is not here to help her.

Compared with those heroines who say "big heroine" and "revenge" in their mouths, but let the male protagonist help in various ways, and are all spoiled wives, this kind of heroine who takes revenge independently on her own is what we like.

It is worthy of Sister Wu's comfortable track, the last hit drama has just passed 3 months, and she is coming to you with a new hit, I don't know if this time I can make a male protagonist Liu Xueyi popular again?

My scabbard is gone 

9 hours ago from Weibo Video Account has been edited

#春花焰观后感##刘学义撒纸钱出场# In fact, after watching the first three episodes of "Spring Flower Flame", Liu Xueyi dealt with Murong Jing and different lines in different situations.

Murong Jinghe himself is a person with a complex personality, he is the third prince of the Great Yan Kingdom, but he is not favored, and even suffered from the suspicion and framing of other members of the royal family. He was also a young general with ideals and ambitions, but after experiencing betrayal and framing, he was forced to become a man who was addicted to alcohol on the surface, but in fact was full of pain and revenge in his heart.

Therefore, he also said that "everyone thinks that this king is a madman, a madman, but he can do anything", so he did everything "that normal people would not do", such as throwing paper money at the gate of the city to welcome the princess of the defeated country, on the grounds that his turtle was newly mourned; was abused and thrown by the people on the street, but he grabbed a steamed bun and ate it as if nothing happened; In the face of the children who take the lead in singing and scolding their own nursery rhymes, they directly give money to the children on the street to "praise" themselves. All these are the illusions he wants to show to everyone, and since you are crazy for me, I will be crazy to show you. So, Murong Jinghe, who is in the state of "playing" a madman, even speaks in my opinion "deliberately underspoken", deliberately lazy, let you be angry with me, in short, I'm like this. The word "living and dying" is simply a portrayal of Murong Jinghe ten years later.

Can he be normal? Yes. His father approached him and asked, "Is it a vent of personal anger to welcome the mission and scatter paper money?" He replied to his father in the palace, he found a high-sounding reason for himself, behaved in front of his father, and didn't talk timidly, isn't this quite normal. But what is not normal is their father-son relationship.

Ten years ago, her mother was looking forward to her son's victory and return, and before the expedition, she agreed that she would take off her armor and change her clothes to get married. With an injury, he changed into a wedding dress according to the agreement with his mother, and climbed into the mourning hall to cry his lines, which was handled quite well.

But his father didn't know anything, so he kicked him away when he came up, scolded him for being unfilial, scolded him for recovering an empty city, Liu Xueyi hated his father and brother when he was dragged out in that period, and it was difficult to hide his hatred.

So it's not so much that Liu Xueyi's lines in the first episode are slow, it's better to say that the actor is designing this role and in this state, he thinks that Murong Jinghe needs such a state to show his "madness" of enduring humiliation, it is better to watch two more episodes and then make a conclusion, after all, Murong Jinghe ten years ago, and Murong Jinghe who discussed politics in the court, he also used a different tone and handled it well.

eliteles1  VIP 

@Liberal B I haven't watched any of the ones you mentioned, so I can't compare them. But I have watched others. I'll show you Mei Lin's training so you can understand.
https://youtu.be/qQpVhHzRHAA?si=7FYhHFr4nvwLFZ2- Meilin training.
https://youtu.be/D4r-fXGbWAU?si=KUfSrCuZGqF2tA5u (jump)
https://youtu.be/EI8TdlEFjUI?si=CwJUgwpWVezbcMU2 Liu Xue Yi's sword scene preparation - Kill me love me -drama
https://i.mydramalist.com/eYEvRY_3f.jpg Photo by Murong Jing

I see a lot of people saying they don't like the fact that "everything" (he's not a mass murder, he's the master, etc) is revealed in the first 3 episodes because there's no mystery anymore. I think there's A LOT of mystery left. Here's why:

All the info they just revealed are necessary to be revealed at this time, in order to tell the REAL/MAIN story: The investigation into the past and the dynamics (love, hate) relationship between the FL & ML now that they will be working "together". Don't forget, she's still his pawn without her knowing. There's SO MUCH to explore with their relationship. Not only that, there's much more to explore with the brothers relationship, ML relationship to his dad, and the kingdom. (Everyone sees him as a mass murderer). Remember these fractured relationships are what made the ML the type of person he is today (anti-hero).

So, it's right that the story got the trival matters and misunderstanding out of the way instead of dragging it, so it doesn't clutter the drama and bug the story down. I actually like that they are not following the usual formula of wasting time on misunderstandings.

But I understand where you guys are coming from. Most of us aren't used to this cause we are so used to long drawn out cdramas

Li Ergou who chases dramas 

7 hours ago from Ergou No Dog iPhone Client has been edited

Spring Flower Flame It's good to survive the first two episodes of
"Spring Flower Flame", which has 5 episodes of trial, and I'm glad that I didn't abandon the drama prematurely.
What made me most uncomfortable in the first few episodes was that King Jing played by Liu Xueyi spoke 0.25 times the speed of speech in the underworld, probably to present the impression that the character was evil and absurd and cynical in front of people, but that speed of speech made people uncomfortable.
Fortunately, in the second half of the second episode, this character began to act like a normal person, and my only discomfort was pulled out.
In some plot settings, Spring Flower Flame can make people guess at a glance, for example, at the beginning I guessed that Meilin must have misunderstood the male protagonist, such as the male protagonist pretending to be lame.
But more often there will be unexpected surprises: for example,
I didn't expect the female protagonist to reveal the misunderstanding of the male protagonist so quickly and know that he is not the real culprit of the Qingzhou arson.
For example, I thought that the heroine would take medicine, fake her death and escape, and then change her identity to continue to find the truth, but I didn't expect the male protagonist to destroy his reputation and save the heroine's life.
I thought that after the heroine finished eating the antidote, the poison on her body would be dissolved immediately, but I didn't expect her to go crazy all night after taking the antidote, and she would also do it to the male protagonist.
Another point is that there are a lot of slow motion in the first two episodes, and some slow motion seems very cumbersome, and from the third episode, the director's slow motion obsession seems to be weaker.
The makeup and scenery of this drama are good, and the actors' appearance is also passable (the prince is a bit ugly, except for him)
In general, what Spring Flower Flame has given me more surprises at present, will continue to chase it. #微博视界大会##剧综大咖点评团#

ep 5 got me very annoyed. I was promised a smart and badass FL, why is she being stupid? Why is she having to get saved over and over by the ML? I hope she gets better or I may drop this out of sheer annoyance.

• eliteles1  VIP a few seconds ago

No one is invulnerable. I think that's coherent. I hate when someone seems totally invincible without any vulnerability, not needing anyone's help. I find that totally unrealistic. (Like in the book, a small woman like that carries a man the whole book). The drama improved everything in this book. They both have strength and vulnerability (I love that). They need each other. They will save each other (all the time), the trailers show that. I loved him saving her, I loved that vulnerability. I loved it. (But I respect your comment).
    Different comments, we always learn from different points of view.

• PS: And taking into account that she is afraid of fire and has a trauma, is sick, etc. Totally coherent. And she falls into his arms (it's a beautiful cliché that we romantics love in the style of Chinese fantasy love dramas).