xxmai Volunteer Staff
 RCK:

I finished HK Specials, and TV Shows.

I would like to try Chinese Movies pages 1-6 next, but it will probably take me  a few weeks  to complete. Do we have deadline for this project? 

No specific deadline, so do it when you can. (:

Been meaning to ask this question regarding source of trailers. I know YouTube (YT) links is highly preferable and Viki is not. What about Facebook (FB) link? I came across two trailers recently where the YT trailer has no English subs, while the FB link has English hardsub. Which one is preferable?

Lady Ajumma:

Been meaning to ask this question regarding source of trailers. I know YouTube (YT) links is highly preferable and Viki is not. What about Facebook (FB) link? I came across two trailers recently where the YT trailer has no English subs, while the FB link has English hardsub. Which one is preferable?

Hi, there's absolutely no issue with Facebook links. You can submit them, and the subtitled trailer always has priority over the raw one ;)

allekseu:
Hi, there's absolutely no issue with Facebook links. You can submit them, and the subtitled trailer always has priority over the raw one ;)

Great, thank you!

Hi! Addendum to last time:

"Hardsubs" means that the subtitles are burnt on the video, they are a part of it and can't be disabled. Don't check "Yes" for this option if this is not the case ^^'

I think I've been too absolute and unclear on Viki links last time as I read some extra notes on submissions and people not daring to submit them anymore xD
What I meant by "as a last resort" was if a trailer was only available on Viki, do submit it. I think it has complicated your work more than it has facilitated ours, so truly sorry. So please ignore what I wrote, submit Viki links like any other. If they are DRM-protected, we will note it on our side ;)

I'd like to take Chinese dramas Pg. 12-16. Would it be okay to also take the Chinese specials (it's just 1 page with 13 titles) as well? Once I'm done with them, I'll come back for more. ^^

xxmai Volunteer Staff
 moonchild:

I'd like to take Chinese dramas Pg. 12-16. Would it be okay to also take the Chinese specials (it's just 1 page with 13 titles) as well? Once I'm done with them, I'll come back for more. ^^

Yes, no problem. I've added you to the list. Feel free to send me your email address. (:

xxmai:

Yes, no problem. I've added you to the list. Feel free to send me your email address. (:

Thank you. DM sent. ^^

xxmai Volunteer Staff

003. Cross-check 2020 released titles with MDL [Movie version]

Team:

China: moonchild [Link 1], sony_t [Link 2], Apollymi [Link 3]
Hong Kong: 
jindreame [Link 1], ??? [Link 2]
Japan: 
Maayan [Link 1], Maayan [Link 2], Elite [Link 3]
Philippines: 
Mewkit [Link 1], Mewkit [Link 2]
South Korea: 
Rainbow [Link 1], Rainbow [Link 2]
Taiwan: 
Mewkit [Link 1], Mewkit [Link 2]
Thailand:
phantompawprints [Link 1], Dawn [Link 2]

Explanation:

Each person covers its own country only. 
Using the links provided below, you need to check if all titles from the list are currently present on MDL. If the title is not on MDL, then it needs to be listed here in this thread along with the corresponding link where the title was originally found. There's no need to add the title right away if it's missing on MDL.
Please check if the title is on MDL by using all names available.

When applying, pick a country, then pick a link.
i.e. I'd like to apply for China, link 1.

Important:

• Please, DO NOT START the project without getting an approval first from me. Someone else might have already gotten an approval before you, so you will unfortunately just waste your time doing double work.

Links:

China: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3
Hong Kong: Link 1, Link 2
Japan: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3 [only check those with a JP flag]
Philippines: Link 1, Link 2
South Korea: Link 1, Link 2
Taiwan: Link 1, Link 2
Thailand: Link 1, Link 2

Can I pick South Korea, link 1?

xxmai Volunteer Staff
 Rainbow:

Can I pick South Korea, link 1?

Sure thing. (:

Can I pick China, link 1? 

xxmai Volunteer Staff
 moonchild:

Can I pick China, link 1? 

Yes, I've added you to the list. (:

I will take China, link 3, if i can

xxmai Volunteer Staff
 Apollymi:

I will take China, link 3, if i can

Yup, and you're familiar with that site too, so it'll work out great. ;)