Hi everyone, I want to ask you about the fan made videos for dramas . In August i uploded a video for ( Fated to love you ) with a description :
((  I don’t own any of the footage or the music . You can click on the subtitles icon for english subtitles . ))

then after a month ( MBC ) banned the video internationally . I was really disappointed so here are my questions : 
1-  Have this ever happened to you before ? 
2- how can i avoid something like this in the future  ? 

Thanks all 

I don't make videos for YouTube, though I once made some lyric videos for a few songs and several ended up removed. However, I know some people try to get past this by pitching any music used and altering any footage by mirroring it.

Hello new vidder! *waves*

Crash course in history of fannish creations, mostly centered on fanvids:

Disclaimers are generally useless, only for lulz btwn fans, & do NOT actually have any effect nor legal power in preventing / defending fannish works from being blocked on certain sites- just to clarify that myth. They simply caught on back in the early days of the internet (mostly written as an add-on to fanfics shared on mailing lists, etc) & just became a habit ;P

Most fans share their creations on sites ~away from the "eyes" of the owners of the material their stuff is based on, ie in places where the companies are more unlikely to find them (ie, less popular / not-"mainstream" sites intended specifically for sharing stuff like fic, art, vids, etc), such as this one for Vidders United (all fandoms welcome): http://vidders.net & also check out the many communities on LJ which can open many interesting doors on fannish history & how to share your stuff..

Still, a lot of vidders both old & new just love the ease of YouTube as well as it having more access to viewers (wider audience) overall. Except that YouTube has rules in place to prevent companies from sueing YT for posting stuff that it does not have permission to share. That's why it always asks its uploaders to make sure that they have "permission" (most users do not, of course, when it comes to movies & shows & music, etc) before posting any kind of vids.

Over the past few years tho, a lot of companies have now been making ~deals with YouTube to let stuff stay up if someone pays them for it; usually this involves ads being on videos as a way of ~reimbursing the media owners for their stuff being used & shared. Some companies have not yet made such deals. In that case, they have a auto-filter set-up with YT to automatically detect their material & to remove or block it right away. When this happens, you usually have a choice to ~dispute the claim. Choosing the "dispute" action usually means having your video reviewed by a human to see whether or not the system made an error in automatically identifying as the listed media. But that is not really recommended for new vidders who may not want to risk a strike against their acct, nor is it recommended against certain companies where the policies on fannish use are unclear.

For example, I have on my acct a fanvid I edited for TiTANiC (the epic 1997 movie). It was immediately recognized for both the movie footage & the song used ("Written in the Stars" by Elton John & LeAnn Rimes). Now, being a fanvid it only uses a very small percentage of the movie, & I happen to kno that FOX & Paramount are somewhat open to accepting fanvids, so I readily disputed those claims, making sure to say as much, & they got released.

But the song, owned & claimed by Universal Music Group, is used in its entirety, so I would not really have any ground to stand on even if I wanted to dispute that case. Luckily tho, UMG is one that has a deal with YT to let its music stay up with ads, & the only country it is blocked in is Germany (which is mainly due to Germany having some sucky issues with various music licensing deals, to the frustration of many music companies, eh well).

Anyways, based on what you said, MBC is the one whose material has been iD'd, & since they own the series, it's possible they have YouTube's auto-iD system set up to auto-ban all matches because they just do not want their episodes being posted in full (as it would affect DVD sales, streaming views via the places they've officially lent series out to, etc).

But the system only iD'd the material in general, & could not recognize it being just a fanvid. This means a dispute would likely be in your favor, & if it was me, I'd be willing to attempt it, but I'd have to work out a very professional plea to go with it (in the dispute, one is given space to explain their reasoning for why they should be allowed to use/share the material in question, & "everyone else does" &/or other similar statements are never considered a "good" defense, lol, since such statements wouldn't hold up in court). I could do some research for you if you'd like, but it might take some time.

Lastly, to avoid this in the future.. yeah, some vidders use lots of effects so the source isn't as easily identifiable by the system, so you could consider that option. I personally don't like the mirror / screen-flipping effect, but cropping (closer, a bit to the side, etc) might work too, it's worth a try. Use it as an excuse to be even more creative with your vids xD

Hope all that helps! (& that you aren't bored to death by it, lol)

xoxoxo SimbiAni
(& here's my profile on Vidders United tho it is very outdated haha)
Thanks for you answers especially SimbiAni I enjoyed reading your reply and it was really helpful for me , Thanks alot .