This took WAYYY too long to get going, lol... looks like I first brought this up last August! O.O Time flies, doesn't it? Anyway, finally, here we go!! :D

Juniko, ItIsAshViolet, and I are hosting a ficfest, a fanfiction extravaganza intended to generate more stories for fans of scripted Asian entertainment.

For one month, we're challenging fanfiction authors, both experienced and brand new, to write for their favorite dramas and movies! At the end of the month, awards will be given in the form of banners that winning authors can add to their MDL profile pages (or elsewhere online), if they'd like. Also, we'll provide a list of prompts to help inspire your muse, which aren't mandatory, but which will be available for authors who need some inspiration. 

The goal is to have fun, and to get more Asian-drama-based fanfiction out there!

Interested? Read on! 

RULES & GUIDELINES

- Ratings must be between K - T.  **No M-rated fics, and no "hard T" ratings.**  This is to abide by the MDL site rules. There also cannot be links to M-rated or "hard T"-rated fics on other sites. No exceptions. A violation of this rule could jeopardize MDL's advertising arrangements, which would cause problems for the owners and thus the whole site. Obviously, none of us want that to happen, so make sure to take this rule seriously and keep your fic content site-friendly.

- All fics must be based off of dramas or films. No variety/talk/reality/etc. shows.

- No RPF ("real-person fiction"). All characters must be fictional, with the exception of fictionalized versions of historical figures (such as in a fic based on a historical drama, since those are already fictionalized versions of said historical figures). No fictionalized versions of living real people are allowed, famous or otherwise.

- Authors may only submit their own work. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. 

- Authors may submit fics they've previously started, provided they fit into the challenge; but, may not submit fics that have previously been completed and posted elsewhere. The point is to get more fanfiction written. :)
 --> If you've posted chapters somewhere of a work in progress but never finished it, new chapters can be counted toward Ficfest provided the entire fic fits into Ficfest rules. Pre-existing chapters will not be counted. 

- Sequels to existing fics are fine, but only by the author of the existing fic.

- Crossovers are fine.

- Fics must be at least 100 words long. There is no maximum word count, but fics must be completed by the time posting closes to qualify for an award (more on that below).

- Prompts may be used, but are not mandatory.

- Each fic will be submitted as a new discussion under the creativity forum, not in a comment anywhere. Please don't post multiple fics in one discussion thread; have a separate post for each fic. Subject lines should start with [ADFF], followed by the title of your fic.

- The following header must be at the top of each fic:
  Fandom:
  Characters/Pairings:
  Rating:
  Genre:
  Word Count:
  Summary:
  Warnings: (If any; remember to keep your fic within the MDL site rules!!!)

- Cross-posting to other sites is fine. Also, if you prefer to host your fics at another site rather than posting them here, that's okay, too. Just start a new discussion for each fic and have the proper fic header in that post, with the link to your fic beneath the header. Fics must be publicly accessible to qualify for Ficfest. "Friends-locked" or similar posts will not qualify.

- Write! Have fun!! :)

Two award banners will given:
- Highest word count
- Most fics written
--> If more than three authors write multichapter fics, we will include a third award banner for most chapters written. (Fics must be complete to qualify.)

Posting for Ficfest starts on Thursday, June 1 at 12:00 a.m. LINT and ends on Friday, June 30th at 11:59 p.m. HAST. (Click the links for conversions to your time zone. If these time zones seem weird, it's in order to maximize posting time over the month-- those are the earliest and latest time zones in the world. :)) Please do not post any Ficfest entries before or after that time span, although feel free to begin writing before then-- just wait to post it. ;) (And please, please post fanfiction whenever you want, lol! :D It just won't qualify for Ficfest outside of those times.) 

Any questions can be asked here, or in a PM to myselfJuniko, or ItIsAshViolet.

The focus is quantity over quality, so don't worry if you're rusty, or if you've never written before! Do your best; but mostly, please join us in June and just WRITE!! :)

Keep us updated .... I look forward to reading some fun stuff.
Btw., I think I volunteered to edit if anyone needs it. 
Wow! You guys did it!

I'll probably die of embarrassment if I do write and actually post something, but I'll give it a try just to support this thing. :D

I'm hoping someone writes some stuff for my favourite dramas!
Question. Can crossovers be crossovers with Western dramas/movies?
@FemmedesNeiges That's a though question. I'd say it's fine, as long as you don't lose sight of the "Asian Drama FanFiction " concept. Basically there should be no doubt that this is a fic about a asian drama/movie since these are the one that are scarce online. For example, I wouldn't think that just taking one drama character and putting them on an entire Western show universe would qualify. 
i'm excited to read these fanfics :)
good luck to those who will join :)
@Juniko. Makes sense. What about original AUs? Taking a bunch of Asian drama characters and putting them in an AU created by the fic writer?
I don't see why not. I can completely imagine a modern version of a sageuk or vice/versa, or something even more extravagant. Have fun ^^
I don't think I'll be able to get anything done within one month but I have a general question for other participants: Do the fics have to be in English?
@rainruma - I'm sure there'll be somebody looking for help with editing-- thanks for offering!

@femmedesneiges - YAY!! :D No embarrassment-- please write and share!! :D :D

@devitto - Since MDL's an English-language site (as per the site rules), we would prefer the fics to be in English, to be accessible to as many members as possible. If someone needs help with that, rainruma has offered earlier in this thread to help with editing. :) And, go on, give it a shot!! ;D
About hosting elsewhere... No M-rated fic can be linked here, but what if a user has previously posted M-rated fic with their account (at AO3, LJ, whatever)? It wouldn't be a direct link to mature content, but mature content would be publicly accessible from that link... Is it acceptable to post a  link to a non-M fanfic hosted by an account also hosting mature content?

All hypothetical. :P
That's a really good question. I'm inclined to say (hope) it's okay as long as the link doesn't go directly to the mature content-- after all, there's some fairly mature content in dramas/films on sites which are routinely linked to here-- but let me check to make sure, before I give a definite answer to that.

eta: Got the all-clear-- that's fine, as long as the mature content isn't directly linked. :)
what is "Ratings must be between K - T.  **No M-rated fics, and no "hard T" ratings.**"? Sorry I am a bit lagg of person... huhu... I am interested in this thats why I need to fully understand the rules. hehe 

and can you give examples of this: 
" The following header must be at the top of each fic:
  Fandom:  
Characters/Pairings:  
Rating:  
Genre:  
Word Count:  
Summary:  
Warnings: (If any; remember to keep your fic within the MDL site rules!!!) "
@Rama-Rama: Fiction ratings: https://www.fictionratings.com/

Fandom: Descendants of the Sun
Characters/Pairings: Yoo Shi Jin x Reader, side pairing: Seo Dae Young x Yoon Myeong Ju
Rating: K (see explanation above)
Genre: Romance, Comedy, AU (Alternate Universe - my story is set in university, for example)
Word Count: 12,452 words (or round it to 12K)
Summary: Reader meets Yoo Shi Jin, arrogant captain of her university's football team, at a crowded party one day. Fast forward to two hours later and she somehow ends up locked in the storage closet with Shi Jin's cat, no way out, and a lot of time to kill.
Warnings: Light swearing (these are university students)

(I completely made this up, I'm not writing it, haha.)
Perfect answers -- thanks, devitto!! :)