Hi, I wrote a Chrome extension a few years back that inserted HTML into the drama and movie pages using JavaScript, with which you can automatically search for the drama on streaming sites. Back then it linked to dramacool, kissasian and so on, which I didn't feel too comfortable with, so I didn't share it then. I now rewrote it to link to Viki, Netflix and such. I know something similar has been implemented in to MDL itself, but that is only if someone adds it. This one automatically opens the desired site and searches for the chosen title, which is helpful if the streaming service has not yet been added to MDL. Also, the Extension button itself opens MDL in a new tab. No idea if anyone would even be interested or where to post this.

github page

How to use this install this extension, this seems to be downloading as Zip file ? 

IT would really usefull , if you capture the ratings of mydramalist in streaming site like netflix. So when i look at the title in netflix, i could see the mydramalist rating right there itself. 

if there is a icon or right click option to search that title by opening mydramalist.com from netflix. 

Yes, you download the zip file and then  put it in the folder where you want to store it. Then unzip that folder and in chrome go the the extension settings menu. You can just drag and drop the unzipped folder onto the chrome window. That should install the extension to you.

The ratings idea sounds good, but that is something very different from what the extension does so far. I might look into this at some point later on, but as of right now I am working on another project that requires most of my time.

Thank you for your response and assistance, I was able to install the extension. Appreciate your work and glad to see someone making an effort for mydramalist, which is what i have been using for korean dramas mostly. 

Imdb does not have many votes or reviews for K-dramas.

Thank you too! I think you are the first person to actually use this :D

I will redo the Readme to include instructions for installation and if I find the time to  look into it, maybe also add the MDL score to the sites, like you suggested.

Yes, Awesome. Thanks again

Asuna:

Hi, I wrote a Chrome extension a few years back that inserted HTML into the drama and movie pages using JavaScript, with which you can automatically search for the drama on streaming sites. Back then it linked to dramacool, kissasian and so on, which I didn't feel too comfortable with, so I didn't share it then. I now rewrote it to link to Viki, Netflix and such. I know something similar has been implemented in to MDL itself, but that is only if someone adds it. This one automatically opens the desired site and searches for the chosen title, which is helpful if the streaming service has not yet been added to MDL. Also, the Extension button itself opens MDL in a new tab. No idea if anyone would even be interested or where to post this.

github page

Something similar has been implemented in to MDL itself? Where? How do I add it?

Check the "Where to watch" section here for example:

https://mydramalist.com/52921-model-taxi

Did you find it?

I have updated the layout to work better with, what I believe to be, minor CSS changes to MDL.

Hi Asuna, yes , tested and it works as expected, excellent

One other thing i would like to ask if its possible is, that the My watchlist, is only listing the titles in the alphabetical order.
The most useful way to look at the list would be , Based on recently added titles.
If its alphabetical , the list loses its meaning, i cant look at the titles that i recently watched or planned to watch.
is there a way that column can be sorted by recently added/ascending order , like we have it in IMdB? 

Hi!

I think that is something that MDL would have to implement natively. 

From what I can see it would be difficult and awkward for me to add,  since I have no access to the MDL database and/or servers, and even in the API I don't see any good fits...

Sorry

EDIT: the API does seem to store that info, but I would have to think about how/if I could get that to work

You could look if that is already requested here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions

And if it is not add it to the list.

Hi Asuna, 

Thanks a lot, I thought so too that this might be natively need to be changed by MDL. The suggestion forum link is really helpful. I indeed found the exact same concern raised by many. I am not the only one. I will followup there. Thanks a lot for all your great effort and attention.