Hello! Prompted by a question I received, I decided to create a thread for discussion on Korean BL (KBL) and Gay/Queer male/male Korean media (dramas, movies, shorts, etc.). I was planning on this being a more informal thread, however if there is desire to make this more official, we can turn it into a little mdl style club! Please feel free to discuss, recommend, review, request, etc in this thread! However, please be sure to mainly stay on the topic of KBL/Gay Korean media. There is another thread on here for all forms of BL media, please feel free to check that out also. :)  Thank you and welcome. 

You can find the thread where I keep track of KBL series by clicking here

Let me also give a little into. Hi, I am Choa! I got into Korean media in about 2015 (both kpop and then kdramas). I enjoy BL and Gay media (no surprise! hehe) and also enjoy thrillers, sci fi, and horror dramas too. I do also watch other types of dramas depending on if something catches my eye. My favorite KBL dramas are Semantic Error, The Eighth Sense, Love for Loves Sake, and Blueming. My favorite non KBL's are Eien No Kinou and Zettai BL ni Naru Sekai VS Zettai BL ni Naritakunai Otoko. I also like listening to a wide variety of music, dancing, and playing the occasional video game. Nice to meet you. :)

Hi Choa! 

I'm usually on the BL Drama Lover's Club thread but wanted to stop by and say hi, since I saw your new post. Many of my favorite BLs are Korean, but I do enjoy others as well.  I just rewatched The Eighth Sense & Semantic Error recently. Love them both, and Blueming too.  

Two of my all-time favorite BL's are Not Me and Love In the Air, but they aren't Korean. For Korean BLs a few  other favorites are Cherry Blossoms After Winter, Where Your Eyes Linger, and Sing My Crush.

Love K-pop and many other musical styles. I'm a Stay, if you can't tell by my profile pic! hehe

Hi, I'm Eli- ! I got into queer dramas and Kpop a little bit less then two years ago (also a Stay) 

My favorite Kbls are The 8th sense, semantic error and love tractor (I have read the webtoon and the actors were amazing in portraying the characters) but I also love Not me, Old fashion Cupcake and the Untamed.

I'm mostly into romance but I also enjoy action and slice of life movies. I also enjoy reading even tho I don't read as much as I used to (I mostly inhale damas now XD )

eli-:
(also a Stay) 

Hey Stay! Your pic of Hannie is cute. He's my other fav, although I love all of SKZ!

eli-:
I also love Not me, Old fashion Cupcake and the Untamed.

My favs too! There's actually a lot of great BL's, so it's hard to pick just a few. :-)

Hey _Choa_

Thanks for keeping the K-BL thread up-to-date. I have to say K-BL was where I started and where my true love lies.

My favourite is "To My Star" and "To My Star Season 2: Our Untold Stories", closely followed by "Semantic Error" and "The Eighth Sense". "Semantic Errorwas the first Asian BL I ever watched.

I am also a fan of most of Strongberry's content. And, there are several short films out of South Korea that I love, too. I have to say there is some quality content being posted on YouTube from South Korean creators that fall under the banner of BL or LGBTQ content.

American Fan:
Hey Stay!

Hey! thankss I love them all too<3

American Fan:
it's hard to pick just a few

I knowww there's so many of them!

_Choa_:
Semantic Error, The Eighth Sense,

American Fan:
The Eighth Sense & Semantic Error

eli-:
The 8th sense, semantic error

Chun Mo Rionnag:
"Semantic Error" and "The Eighth Sense".

I love that we all agree on those two XDD

Chun Mo Rionnag:
I am also a fan of most of Strongberry

Righttt they're amazing so short but beautiful! I started watching kbls  with Strongberry, truly sad they don't produce full length movies I would eat them up XD my favorite up until now has been Some More (2018) it was truly beautiful

American Fan:

Hi Choa! 

I'm usually on the BL Drama Lover's Club thread but wanted to stop by and say hi, since I saw your new post. Many of my favorite BLs are Korean, but I do enjoy others as well.  I just rewatched The Eighth Sense & Semantic Error recently. Love them both, and Blueming too.  

Two of my all-time favorite BL's are Not Me and Love In the Air, but they aren't Korean. For Korean BLs a few  other favorites are Cherry Blossoms After Winter, Where Your Eyes Linger, and Sing My Crush.

Love K-pop and many other musical styles. I'm a Stay, if you can't tell by my profile pic! hehe

Hello! Yes thank you for posting. Yes, they are all great ones! I have actually not watched not me yet but it is on my list. Where your eyes linger is a great one too yes! Haha yes, I 'm more a casual fan but do like Changbin quite a bit myself. Welcome! 

eli-:

Hi, I'm Eli- ! I got into queer dramas and Kpop a little bit less then two years ago (also a Stay) 

My favorite Kbls are The 8th sense, semantic error and love tractor (I have read the webtoon and the actors were amazing in portraying the characters) but I also love Not me, Old fashion Cupcake and the Untamed.

I'm mostly into romance but I also enjoy action and slice of life movies. I also enjoy reading even tho I don't read as much as I used to (I mostly inhale damas now XD )

Welcome Eli, Love tractor is a really good drama too! I think the leads did amazing also. I also love Old Fashion Cupcake. 

Chun Mo Rionnag:

Hey _Choa_

Thanks for keeping the K-BL thread up-to-date. I have to say K-BL was where I started and where my true love lies.

My favourite is "To My Star" and "To My Star Season 2: Our Untold Stories", closely followed by "Semantic Error" and "The Eighth Sense". "Semantic Errorwas the first Asian BL I ever watched.

I am also a fan of most of Strongberry's content. And, there are several short films out of South Korea that I love, too. I have to say there is some quality content being posted on YouTube from South Korean creators that fall under the banner of BL or LGBTQ content.

Of course! It's my pleasure haha. Yes, I like all types of BL but KBL is my fav probably since I like Korean content the best personally anyway. Yes, to my star is an amazing series also! I am also a fan of strongberry! They have been doing good queer content for a long time. True, I would agree with you - there are a number of good lgbt yt channels posting good content lately, also feel free to share any if you would like! 

eli-:
I love that we all agree on those two XDD

Yes, they kind of are the gold standard for KBL haha! I am hoping that Heesu in class 2 and Love in the Big City join the top ranks with them since they are bigger productions with noteworthy cast/crew. We shall see!

eli-:
Righttt they're amazing so short but beautiful! I started watching kbls  with Strongberry, truly sad they don't produce full length movies I would eat them up XD my favorite up until now has been Some More (2018) it was truly beautiful

Oh! I haven't watched that yet. I will have to check it out. Ty

eli-:

Strongberry is quality! Some More is also a fav for me. 10/10!

_Choa_:
feel free to share any if you would like!

One that has caught my attention is "Blue Boys".  I plan to binge-watch once all the episodes are out because the full version is behind a paywall.

_Choa_:
I also love Old Fashion Cupcake. 

Right!? I love rewatching it!

_Choa_:
they are bigger productions with noteworthy cast/crew

I can't wait then!

Chun Mo Rionnag:
Blue Boys

Did it start airing? Do you know where we can watch it?

eli-:
Also unrelated but do you guys know how I can upload an image in a message? TT the little picture thingy says http but my browser bar says https so I wasn't able to (I think that's why at least) Thankss <33

I have the same question, since I don't see a tool bar in the message box. So far I haven't found an answer.