I can probably see why from a business point of view, producers want to shoot dramas as close to broadcast date as possible, and this incident is almost the perfect incident for it.

Imagine having shot 18 of the 20 episodes but most of the footages have to be thrown out, no one wants to bear that kinda loss geez.

I'm not saying I support this practice, but I feel it's very pitiful whenever huge scandals broke out the production staffs and crew had to suffer the most. Would this problem be mitigated better if the society or audience in general is not too commanding, and let a drama finish at its natural course, no matter how bad the scandal is?

What do you think?

Omg I want to get into acting myself, and I love this question lol, for some dramas I don’t understand why they don’t do pre-shoots, I feel like it can have an upper hand when it comes to situations like this, but to each his own, all in all, I think producers, directors, anyone on set should be prepared if something like this happens and if that means pre-shooting, then hell yeah. You got my vote, it’s not fair for others to suffer when a scandal breaks out and all their hard work goes down the drain ... -______-

No, preshooting dramas has lots of perks that I don't think it will make much of a difference on directors' decisions. Like running into issues during filming for on air dramas could have the same consequences. 

They'll probably be extra cautious about their cast if anything. 

KYUNGSOOS BACK:

No, preshooting dramas has lots of perks that I don't think it will make much of a difference on directors' decisions. Like running into issues during filming for on air dramas could have the same consequences. 

This I can agree with! *thumbs up* 

KYUNGSOOS BACK:

You are right , the producers will now put more weightage on established actors with good social appearance.

I hope it won't change it to more directors wanting to shoot as the drama airs since I prefer pre-shoot dramas for the sole reason that it means the drama &  plot is completed and there won't be any sudden plot changes or whatever due to what the audience wants which might easily ruin it and seems just plain stupid to me.

And I say  this because, frankly, those netizens of Korea seem rather stupid quite often,  getting all worked up over nothing and instead of being supportive of the actors & idols they call themselves fans of, they in fact do the opposite and bring them more harm than good. It's like they can't live without trying to dig at something.

Of course, there are cases where indeed those crazy netizens might have reason to get worked up, but most of the time...can't help thinking if it's just cultural differences or if they're indeed whacked to even care about the most random  & insignificant things and make a huge fuss over it.

I just want to enjoy my drama. And it's indeed unfair to the other actors & staff that they have to suffer due to one person's affairs which have nothing to do with them or their work.

Also, don't know if it just so happened, but from my experience, pre-shoot dramas tend to have more solid plot and less of plot-holes and what not, quality being better as well and so forth. I don't want my drama to change just because somebody made a complaint.  Directors, writers, producers and such need  to stick to what they promised.

So I'm hoping we'll instead get more pre-shoot dramas and the directors are more careful with whom they cast.

shubham singh:

You are right , the producers will now put more weightage on established actors with good social appearance.

Public image is not an indicator of  character. I mean with Yunho's case, it is also public betrayal.

I love this drama.  The texture on the screen is extremely rich and I feel like I'm watching a really good movie with every episode.  Controversy aside, I am glad that the story is still unfolding.

Personally I would rather watch a pre-shoot drama. I hate when a show changes direction cuz  of public thoughts. It just makes the production team look unconfident in their product. One of the few times it has worked was in Gu Family Book- Choi Jin Hyuk's role was extended. An added on episode can some times destroy a drama. 

Scandals-netizens can go crazy. I guess they say he was a bully-people are going to hate me but its apart of growing up. I 'v not saying approve of it, just that him losing his job is more than what would have been done back then as a punishment.. he's what 28..so by the latest we are talking about 10+yrs ago. No one is the same person as they where in school.  Don't talk to me about trauma, bullys have trauma too its why they act out.  And him recording in the bathroom.. really sounds like snapchat to me. It was full of guys doing the same thing. I think its more of an issue if he is a bully still.

Drama- I do not think it should be punished for the issue. I can see the problem with it being a romance. The ML needs to make everyone fall in love with him-if it was a different type of show it would be ok. If people wont go see it they wont make money, no one wants to take that kind of a hit. They should have just killed his role off or something(I have yet to watch I'm waiting to see if it ends well or if this destroys everything).