Lliu:

The Duke su story is that want to take revenge with the Empress dowager and the king who went in exiles  protecting the border because they have murder his father,  when you see in the preview that fighting in the war the second half of the drama. 

In the novel Xue knew it was the princess is responsible for murdering her ,  she is arrogant she even has a private prisons, her enemy is at her prison. Here in the drama her husband was behind murdering her . She later come to know when she attended the feast. 

OKay Lliu ..please tag spoilers as they are, don't spoil for those who are just here for casual discussion. Thank you plish

DinnyDon:

Yeah and not just that, in the novel it's more like one woman army.. here we are at least seeing the other characters shine too. Like for the academy, FL single handedly wins everything in all areas, while in drama they made it team-wise competition which I think is better.

It's different for me on this point. I wish they made her win all the competitions to showcase how accomplished she really was in her "first" life. In the novel the entire capitol new of her capabilities and virtue thanks to it, here they showed peoples reaction to but it wasn't proportionate I feel. 

mparthur:

In the drama, Prince Cheng was mentioned.  Is he the Emperor or another Prince who wanted to rob the emperor from his throne?

he is the half brother of the current king.  the princess and prince cheng are siblings from the same mother (royal concubine.

szyki_szyki:

It's different for me on this point. I wish they made her win all the competitions to showcase how accomplished she really was in her "first" life. In the novel the entire capitol new of her capabilities and virtue thanks to it, here they showed peoples reaction to but it wasn't proportionate I feel. 

i second that!  too much screen time wasted on side characters.  

It seem they are following the story line according to the novel.  She  and her cousin rank first in the exam was invited by the emperor , her step mom and concubine li played dirty trick. She overcome the problem smartly.  

In the next chapter minister li is cahoots to king Cheng and the older brother to princess. they are planning to overthrow the government they are two side one emperor and other king cheng Jiang father is neutral. 

Li family is corrupt and he want to control Ye family and take over the Ye family business. Jiang li help them in resolving the matter. She reconciled with her maternal grandmother. 

She visits the brothel to meet the courtier she is her brother girl friend, they she come to know that her isn't dead and he is held in the prison, he is being torture  and he is framed by his corrupt junior that he has taken bribe . in previous episode the princess sent a letter to kill him which mean Jiang li should be executed. 

She gather all the citizens and make a treacherous journey to sue the guilty official and clearing her father name , when arrival she beat the drum the emperor itself will judge the matter. 

Maybe in five or six episode Jiang li and Xue matter will be solved 

The next arc is duke su ..m

Can someone pls spoil me for the ending (of the novel)? I really want to watch it, but if it has a SE I won't watch it.

Kat-astrophe:

Can someone pls spoil me for the ending (of the novel)? I really want to watch it, but if it has a SE I won't watch it.

I haven’t read the novel but from comments, I’ve read it has a happy ending

Lilu

”The next arc is duke su ..m”

so this was one I was wondering about so is it gonna be something like episodes one to 20 will deal with her and then episodes 20 to 40 will be old with his issues. It was just curious.

Yes it is a happy ending for Jiang family and Xue family  which mean her father and brother is alive and was keep in the prison they were torture , they come to know Xue father was a minister from previous dynasty he contributed by building water way . People remember is good deed , she get her revenge the princess and her husband is excuted. The king Cheng get defeated, concubine li was given poison because she had affairs with king Cheng. 

The Duke su get his revenge the Empress dowager and her lover the previous dynasty king brother of the emperor.  

Lee_Liu:

Yes it is a happy ending for Jiang family and Xue family  which mean her father and brother is alive and was keep in the prison they were torture , they come to know Xue father was a minister from previous dynasty he contributed by building water way . People remember is good deed , she get her revenge the princess and her husband is excuted. The king Cheng get defeated, concubine li was given poison because she had affairs with king Cheng. 

The Duke su get his revenge the Empress dowager and her lover the previous dynasty king brother of the emperor.  

Wow! After reading your explanation of the plot I can't wait to see it. It's sucha shame that on the weekends they only release 1 episode per day.

Yes indeed just one episode per day,  so far so good, with little comedy added to a serious drama. Ye family is a comedian. In those day the merchant are considered low class , these minister missuse their power and they are trying to forcibly take ye silk business since they produce one of the best silk brocade. Governor tong is related to minister li  and are under king Cheng and his psycho sister wannlng.  The map Jiang li receive is the illegal gold mine where gov tong is illegally mining the miner are the prisoner who was faithful to Duke  Xue.

It is the same governor who frame Xue family.

Now governor want to forcibly annexed YE family business by wrongfully accusing the ye family. Now jiang li will help the ye family. 

Lee_Liu:

Yes indeed just one episode per day,  so far so good, with little comedy added to a serious drama. Ye family is a comedian. In those day the merchant are considered low class , these minister missuse their power and they are trying to forcibly take ye silk business since they produce one of the best silk brocade. Governor tong is related to minister li  and are under king Cheng and his psycho sister wannlng.  The map Jiang li receive is the illegal gold mine where gov tong is illegally mining the miner are the prisoner who was faithful to Duke  Xue.

It is the same governor who frame Xue family.

Now governor want to forcibly annexed YE family business by wrongfully accusing the ye family. Now jiang li will help the ye family. 

Apparently today’s supposed to be a special episode where 15 and 16 are supposed to be aired together I think at 18:00 time China Time. I think it’s interesting that I had paid to see episodes early, so I’m not sure since 16 was supposed to be aired tomorrow anyway which is now today for me so don’t think it’s considered early for me anyway lol

Strange I live in Europe so in the morning I watch episode 15 . What is the schedule for viewing the drama ? 

Lee_Liu:

Strange I live in Europe so in the morning I watch episode 15 . What is the schedule for viewing the drama ? 

https://mydramalist.com/photos/qY5p72_3

this image image has been added to the the photo gallery I was trying to share the link, but it won’t let me for some reason

Did you watch the episode 15 it quite interesting, in the novel she help ye family using her father name since her father hold a higher post. Duke Su is intrigued by her plotting against each of her adversary