((Just my opinion))

After watched 17 episodes of The Double, I can't stop myself to not write this kinda similarity between these dramas.

First, the similarity of clans/family name. In SoKP, Jiang's is the name of the main character. Also, Xue's is the villain one. In The Double, Jiang's also become the name of the FL, and have relationship with Xue's name (in good term).

Second, I found this kinda funny. The young actor that plays Young Xue Dingfei/Xie Wei/Xie Ju'an in SoKP, is the same actor that plays Little Xiao Heng in TD. I think what's funny is that, how dramas make one person (young) can be two different person when grow up hahahaha. Well, they reunite in the drama.I know the actors, but I am not detail at the name of them.

Third, both of the dramas is solving cases and have heavy plots. I have read some review about TD that said, this drama every person, every roles/casts are not stupid. So, it's difficult for Main Leads to get their goals or smt. In SoKP and TD, ML and FL work together to achieve their goals. Well, I am not finish TD yet, so I don't know the ending, but TD is good, but also too heavy for me to catch up every detail.

Oh, but I think the Main Leads' character are not similar between SoKP and TD, of course they're two different stories.

Well, that's 3 similarities between two dramas. I'll add more if I get any. Just my opinion so it's possible to be wrong~ thanks!

C-drama plots are identical across genres.

I don't understand why make discussions or comparison between dramas. If 2 dramas are identical just make a recommendation and keep it to that. 

Both works are adapted from books, furthermore palace dramas have the tendency to be similar indeed, but it is basically the same with Xianxia dramas...

@Alone sorry it's my 1st time joining MDL so I still don't understand about the menus.. i'll keep it in mind for next time! Thx~

Yintian:

@Alone sorry it's my 1st time joining MDL so I still don't understand about the menus.. i'll keep it in mind for next time! Thx~

It's okay. This is fine that you opened a topic, since it was a reasonable question :)

@Yintian 

No problem bro! Welcome to MDL. Enjoy the stay and be free to discuss anything.