absurd:

The writer actually confirmed it on his weibo, that this season is not a dream and the "Wake up" part is in preparation for something else

Then it's exactly as I suspected.  It would be nearly impossible for drama watchers to guess what it means because so much of the power system was thrown into the heap.  So no, you're not overthinking it lol.

Honestly, it's a drama. It's entertaining, sure, but it's too much effort to try and discern if there's any secret meaning to secret meaning of a dream. S2, if it does come out, is still at least a year away (probably more). By that time I might not care at all.

absurd:

Honestly, it's a drama. It's entertaining, sure, but it's too much effort to try and discern if there's any secret meaning to secret meaning of a dream. S2, if it does come out, is still at least a year away (probably more). By that time I might not care at all.

Exactly, and I'd be shocked if S2 were available for sub in under 2 years.  The second half of the novel is a CGI nightmare, full of censorship fodder, and will have to be completely rewritten for live action--even more than S1.  At the very least it's gonna need a monster budget.  If any of the original cast aren't on board, esp XZ, adios to investors.

Major:

Exactly, and I'd be shocked if S2 were available for sub in under 2 years.  The second half of the novel is a CGI nightmare, full of censorship fodder, and will have to be completely rewritten for live action--even more than S1.  At the very least it's gonna need a monster budget.  If any of the original cast aren't on board, esp XZ, adios to investors.

Yep, agree, 2 years are more realistic. Well, they might rush, to catch the hype, but then we'll get a mess a la Legend of Fei. I'd rather they don't do that. Most of the cast, I don't think is a problem, but XZ is the money brining part of the drama, so, IMO, it's ether he's on board or no S2. Considering they didn't cater to novel fans, it would be too risky to make it without him.

Oops, I think we went away from the ending discussion anyway :))

"Tang San, have you truly waken? What is real, which is your true self.... Tang San, wake up...."

At the moment, I have only 1 guess:- that Tang San was under the control of Shi Nian from the end of ep 38

Tang San is no longer under the control of that guy, that guy's mind is broken. His mother was talking about now Tang San doesn't have to hide his dual abilities. 

dyoramik:

"Tang San, have you truly waken? What is real, which is your true self.... Tang San, wake up...."

At the moment, I have only 1 guess:- that Tang San was under the control of Shi Nian from the end of ep 38

Tang San is no longer under the control of that guy, that guy's mind is broken. His mother was talking about now Tang San doesn't have to hide his dual abilities. 

Possible... Just that if we tie these with the beginning, "your deepest secret", "what is the glossed-over truth..." It doesn't seem to be just talking about his martial souls... Or could his mother be referring to the Blue Silver Grass Emperor?   

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Becky:
Or could his mother be referring to the Blue Silver Grass Emperor?

;-)

The thing that I wish to know is where his power come from, because it's been said he got them not from his parents and I'm like...??? Biology doesn't exist in their world? I'm confused.

This Story is Far different from the animation. im watching soul land. they reduced lot of scenes. they should nt have changed the story of tang clan and rebirth. 

chathos:

This Story is Far different from the animation. im watching soul land. they reduced lot of scenes. they should nt have changed the story of tang clan and rebirth. 

No choice... China censorship board SARFT barred reincarnation -__- So stories with rebirth are rewritten to "alien" or remove the rebirth part...

Honestly this whole thing about censorship, I also thought it's that, but I'm not sure anymore. I'm not saying it has nothing to do with it, just that it probably wasn't one specific thing they were forced to delete. To me it looks like they went for the path of least resistance, possibly because of the budget. Reediting and resubmitting the drama for censorship would have cost money and might turn the whole thing into incoherent mess. So to me it looks like they purposely made the story as wholesome and censorship proof as possible, so that it would pass on the first go. 

absurd:

Honestly this whole thing about censorship, I also thought it's that, but I'm not sure anymore. I'm not saying it has nothing to do with it, just that it probably wasn't one specific thing they were forced to delete. To me it looks like they went for the path of least resistance, possibly because of the budget. Reediting and resubmitting the drama for censorship would have cost money and might turn the whole thing into incoherent mess. So to me it looks like they purposely made the story as wholesome and censorship proof as possible, so that it would pass on the first go. 

I have the same impression, especially because everyone is so innocent (not even a single decent kiss...) and not much blood was shed (or even spit, which is strange for a c-drama LMAO) 

I think it's a lot about censorship. 1) rebirth is a definitely black & white no-no, so that has to go. 2) anything "non-wholesome" usually have to go. That's obviously subjective. But lust is non-wholesome, and so is violence. So, everything is tamed down by a lot...

Lol... I did get the feeling that the drama adaptation is intended for high schoolers XD. The team spirit talk, losing a match (which didn't happen in anime) and using that to preach about not to be over-confident, etc.. are so high school ^^"

Becky:

Lol... I did get the feeling that the drama adaptation is intended for high schoolers XD. The team spirit talk, losing a match (which didn't happen in anime) and using that to preach about not to be over-confident, etc.. are so high school ^^"

Yeah....the novel isn't exactly "adult" to begin with and the drama is even less so imo LOL.  My favorite was every time TS gave a 'thumbs up' to XW.  LMAO *facepalm*.