I know this drama will most likely have a sad ending based on what happened in reality. But it’s going  to be so hard to watch it happen in the show.

Since in reality, Deok Im died at 33 years old due to liver cancer.

In the book, it's suggested that she dies of poisoning. I'm predicting that the drama will cover her death like 2007 Yi San since the book goes quite a way beyond that point.

birdsingreek:

In the book, it's suggested that she dies of poisoning. I'm predicting that the drama will cover her death like 2007 Yi San since the book goes quite a way beyond that point.

Do you know how the book ends?

I think it covers some of what he did in mourning, like building Hwaseong Fortress. Not quite sure if it goes all the way to his own death

birdsingreek:

I think it covers some of what he did in mourning, like building Hwaseong Fortress. Not quite sure if it goes all the way to his own death

This is going to be heartbreaking to watch in the drama

Yep, and then the heartbreaking epitaph he wrote for her. I've had my tissues ready since the beginning tbh 

I will need a psychiatrist on speed dial for the tragic ending.  I love this drama and Korean history in general.  The palace escapades are beyond what my pea brain can fathom with moves and countermoves, but I would guess this is pretty accurate for all places of power.  

Yeah if there was a “happy” ending it would feel weird honestly since the characters are actual historical figures.

Kim MC:

I will need a psychiatrist on speed dial for the tragic ending.  I love this drama and Korean history in general.  The palace escapades are beyond what my pea brain can fathom with moves and countermoves, but I would guess this is pretty accurate for all places of power.  

It was really like a chess game: each side moving their pieces, a lot of rules to play by. Also, things that seem minor to us could be blown up into huge incidents. Very scary. No wonder San told his sister to stay away.

Although this will be a tragic drama, I think it’ll end up being one of my favorite dramas.

birdsingreek:

It was really like a chess game: each side moving their pieces, a lot of rules to play by. Also, things that seem minor to us could be blown up into huge incidents. Very scary. No wonder San told his sister to stay away.

I wonder who ends up poisoning Deok Im. Deok Ro or another concubine? 

pinksprings01:

Yeah if there was a “happy” ending it would feel weird honestly since the characters are actual historical figures.

Yeah. Their story isn't a happy one, and the Korean public knows that so I can't imagine them forcing a HEA.

birdsingreek:

Yeah. Their story isn't a happy one, and the Korean public knows that so I can't imagine them forcing a HEA.

Yeah although they didn’t have a “happy ending”, they still were able to love each other during their lifetime (both of them died so young though).

pinksprings01:

By that time, Deok-ro had fallen out of favour with Jeongjo and was no longer at court. I think the most likely culprits would be Jeongjo's political opponents. Some historians think he himself was also poisoned to death.

pinksprings01:

Liver cancer can be caused by poisons and no treatment.  Measles also only cause death in children if they don’t get proper care for the symptoms.  One of the historical videos I watched actually said that both CP Munho and Doek-Im’s deaths may have been caused by an uncle of Noble Consort Hwa.  He was accused of delayed care and prescribing incorrect medication so either medical malpractice or purposeful negligence.  Noble Consort Hwa was jealous because she  was childless.  You never know with palace politics and there was no way of really knowing so Noble Consort Hwa couldn’t be punished.  

https://youtu.be/c_dmKVHyjQo  the last part of this video.