This is concise ,succinct and makes the key points which provide reference as we work through the intrigues of the novel. Thanks very much for doing this.

Why did SRQ plot to kill Li Chuan in the present? So that Li Chuan isn't a threat to his family in this life? It's also strange cause doesn't he know the most important person to Li Rong was her brother?

voldermortsunbae:

Why did SRQ plot to kill Li Chuan in the present? So that Li Chuan isn't a threat to his family in this life? It's also strange cause doesn't he know the most important person to Li Rong was her brother?

As we said the main leads choose to live in the present but Su Rong Qing choose to live in the past.

He couldn't forget what Li Chuan had done with his family in the past and he thinks that Li Chuan will became the same cruel person like the past That's why he is still against Li Chuan and the main leads 

twinty:

This sounds much better than some of the comments I read about LR and SQR. According to your summary of the novel, LR did not have any intimate relationship with SQR in either lifetime. Am I correct? I read a few comments which said she did and Pei Wei knew about it. 

LR did have a romantic and intimate relationship with SRQ in her past life. There was time when PWX was going to apologize to her for his wrongs and beg her to take him but he heard them having s*x which stopped him from doing that. LR and SRQ also kissed many times in the novel.

LivingTribunal:

LR did have a romantic and intimate relationship with SRQ in her past life. There was time when PWX was going to apologize to her for his wrongs and beg her to take him but he heard them having s*x which stopped him from doing that. LR and SRQ also kissed many times in the novel.

Does LR ever have a realization that she may have taken things too far in regards to PWX? Or is this the metaphorical "spitting up blood" moment for PWX as he continues to sacrifice himself lmao.

LivingTribunal:

OMG, I hope it's not gonna happen in drama. Sorry, I was wrong in my previous reply that I thought nothing too intimate happened between LR and SRQ. Since the novel is quite long, I don't read some chapters in the middle. 

JoJe, I am getting that same understanding watching the drama and I feel sure the drama will never allow LR and SQR to be intimate. 

JoJe:

OMG, I hope it's not gonna happen in drama. Sorry, I was wrong in my previous reply that I thought nothing too intimate happened between LR and SRQ. Since the novel is quite long, I don't read some chapters in the middle. 

It was in the part written from the POV of PWX. I am trying to forget it. LOL! I feel sure we will NOT see this in the drama even when they show her previous life. The vibe I am getting from the drama is the same as you described before. I. feel LR loved PWX in both lives. 

LivingTribunal:

I hope after I go to sleep, I will wake up and forgot all of this. LOL! The good thing is, it doesn't seem to be going in that direction for the drama. I shared a video of a kiss scene shown at the promotion. It did my heart well! 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8wEVqEJicZ/?igsh=MWo2dmo1YnM0azJoMA

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8wfTanMaDN/?igsh=dWJsemFsMTFzcmFo

uanaka:

Does LR ever have a realization that she may have taken things too far in regards to PWX? Or is this the metaphorical "spitting up blood" moment for PWX as he continues to sacrifice himself lmao.

No, I don't remember her having a deep realization about that, but I do remember her saying once at the end of the novel just as a joke that she didn't deserve the ML.

Everyone thought SRQ was LR's lover in the previous life including me but after reading a bit of the novel and watch the drama, I think SRQ is more like her male bestfriend, though closed but when coming to physical contact they're quite awkward. LR and PWX, they were more comfortable with each other touching/hugging, they show their true face and straightforward with each other too.

MellowLeaf:

Everyone thought SRQ was LR's lover in the previous life including me but after reading a bit of the novel and watch the drama, I think SRQ is more like her male bestfriend, though closed but when coming to physical contact they're quite awkward. LR and PWX, they were more comfortable with each other touching/hugging, they show their true face and straightforward with each other too.

This. In the novel Li Rong thinks that the occasional kiss she shared with SRQ was frozen and filled with despair while PWX gave his affection freely and sincerely.

Thank you, Jo Je, for the clear and detailed summary. While watching the 17 eps, I was already wondering if SRQ is also a rebirth with memory of past lifetime.  Your writeup helps prep me for any misfortune that will happen in this lifetime.

i don't understand SRQ. Since he knows his past life, why is he still going along with the aristocrats and not take the opportunity when the Princess proposed to him at the Prince Consort selection meeting!

In this lifetime, he appears to love LR and even propose to her when he learns abt PWX's death. But does he really love her?

If he  does love LR, why then team up with Consort Rou to go against LR in this lifetime!

You mention that Rebirth PWX lets SRQ go instead of killing him. Why? Isn't he afraid that SRQ will return to take revenge or harm LR and/or Li Chuan?