Hi, Joje.  You do not mention in your synopsis (many thanks for that) whether, in the novel, the present life is just a dream or is something more. Given the stance of the censors,  I just wonder how it will be handled in the novel.

Mailyn:

Hi, Joje.  You do not mention in your synopsis (many thanks for that) whether, in the novel, the present life is just a dream or is something more. Given the stance of the censors,  I just wonder how it will be handled in the novel.

In the novel they address this issue almost similar like in the drama but they don't mention it as dream. They just thought that they reborn younger.

For Li Rong, she throw up blood - because poisoned - and think Pei Wen Xuan did it then she lost consciousness. She thought she was going to die and unexpectedly woke up again after unknown time. Just like in drama with Jing Lan then she think that she alive again back when she was young. In the novel she doesn't address it as a dream only startled that she reborn. 

For Pei Wen Xuan, exactly same like in the drama. He look up to his younger face in the basin. In the daze think that he had actually come back to life. His attendant, Dong Ye thought he is in daze because Qin Zhen Zhen broke the engagement.  

Dear other novel reader, I want to ask you whether in the novel Li Chuan has memory of past life or not. I know some of you said he is not. I want to edit my summary above to avoid future missunderstanding. But just wanna make sure one more time.

After all LR & PWX already has so many missunderstanding and I don't  want to add it *kidding :)*

I try to look up the novel again. I read from novelhi.com. In this chapter 165 : https://novelhi.com/s/The-Grand-Princess/165 middle part

Li Chuan said "I know Sister blames me. She probably won't talk to me in future." 

Pei Wen Xuan reply "Your Highness are you reffering to past life?" 

Li Chuan stunned say "You know about it too?" 

Pei Wen Xuan smile and said "This humble subject came back with Your Highness."

Then I assume Li Chuan also has memory of the past. Is there any miss in translation, because I hear that there were two novel translation and the novelhi .com seems like google translate but good enough to read (you struggling but you still understand), or there was another meaning in their conversation that I missinterpret?  

He has no memory about the past life but Li Rong mentioned to him that she was killed by him .

She told him everything as a dream but Li Chuan believed that Li Rong was saying about the future.

You should check the last part of chapter 161

Xixi:

He has no memory about the past life but Li Rong mentioned to him that she was killed by him .

She told him everything as a dream but Li Chuan believed that Li Rong was saying about the future.

Ahh, I see... Thank you very much for the confirmation.

So, Li Chuan know it from Li Rong... Yeah, as I read chapter 165 again. Li Chuan also tell that he didn't believe Li Rong said he will kill her but there is something in his heart that he don't know what he will become and he doesn't trust himself

I'll edit my summary then... Thank you again :)

Hi Joje, the 4pax you mentioned who reborn with memories of past life. 3 of them died around same timing - 1st Li Chuan, then PWX and then LR in 1st ep. But did SRQ also die after them? How did he die?

Xixi:

How did Li Rong know that her brother killed her? Who told her that? 

AnastasiaWun:

How did Li Rong know that her brother killed her? Who told her that? 

Su Rong Qing.

He cleared everything about the secret behind her death,who were involved in killing her

Xixi:

Su Rong Qing.

He cleared everything about the secret behind her death,who were involved in killing her

I assume SRQ told her the secret is to create a strain in her relationship  with her brother Li Chuan and cousin Shangguan Ya  and to kill the trust she has in Shangguan Ya. And to make himself a lesser culprit!!! 

AnastasiaWun:

Hi Joje, the 4pax you mentioned who reborn with memories of past life. 3 of them died around same timing - 1st Li Chuan, then PWX and then LR in 1st ep. But did SRQ also die after them? How did he die?

It never mentioned how SRQ dies in the Novel. 

eiei92:

It never mentioned how SRQ dies in the Novel. 

That's strange then that he gets a chance to live again and avoid the old ways...

AnastasiaWun:

I assume SRQ told her the secret is to create a strain in her relationship  with her brother Li Chuan and cousin Shangguan Ya  and to kill the trust she has in Shangguan Ya. And to make himself a lesser culprit!!! 

No ,that part wasn't like that.he hesitated to say anything at first but it was Li Rong who asked him to tell everything  because Li Rong sort out that there were more secrets behind her death.

Then he told that everyone kill her-him,SGY,LC.

Do you remember why the loving couple divorce in  this lifetime?

Thank you so much for  this! I was going to drop it for the angst it was causing over a bloody unhappy ending.  I will continue to watch only because you wrote this here.

Thank you! I’m going to drop out of watching this drama now. I kinda sensed they planned to make LR the ruler of the dynasty, and she is such a bas character I can’t force myself to root for her.