So far so good, but it's taking me some time to adjust to the new characters, voices, and tone of the show. It feels more lighthearted somehow and not as dark. I especially am having a difficult time with Ning Que's new voice. In the first season, he had the tone of someone who had to grow up too soon, in order to survive and keep Sang Sang alive. His voice was serious, hard, rough, and jaded. Even in the light moments, he managed to sound slightly restrained, unless he was only with Sang Sang or with people he trusted. The voice in this one is just light and fluffy, like there is not a care in the world and it seems very strange to me. Sang Sang is on the verge of dying yet he sounds like everything is fine. There is no sound of worry or that something is upsetting him in the back of his mind while he talks to other people. I'm also surprised that Fu Zi is also more like a jokester. He had few words in the first season, but they carried weight and he was able to be funny with his words and actions without being overtly emphatic. Similar to the new Emperor, just a complete change. And everyone's hairstyle also seems more fluffy. lol

They didn't using dubbing in the first season, pretty sure they did the same for this season. So the reason the voices sound different is because those are the actual voices of the actors.

Oh interesting. Thanks for the context! I thought Dylan Wang’s voice is lower, but it’s hard for me to know when it is dubbed by the actors themselves vs voice actors. Did they use his voice in Love Between Fairy and Devil or did they use voice actors?

I’ve seen more episodes since my comment and am starting to get used to the new voices and characters. Thus far, the focus seems more on Sang Sang than Ning Que, but that could change…

Fairy and Devil was dubbed actually. It's been ages since I tried to watch Ever Night S2, but I am currently working on The Rational Life and I believe it is also dubbed but I can't be for certain if it is all the actors. 

Sometimes they only dub over certain actors because they are bad at delivering lines, their dialect or how they pronounce mandarin doesn't fit the role, or they don't speak mandarin at all lol. Most of the time it is because the mics used pick up too much background noise. If you watch enough dramas you start recognizing some of the voice actors and know when it is being dubbed even if they do a really good job with it.