CHALLENGE #1 | CHALLENGE #2CHALLENGE #3 | CHALLENGE #4 CHALLENGE #5

I recommend Tanii  to watch Mad for Each Other since you watched 'It's Okay to Not Be Okay' & it was on your PTW

Accepted Giuca's recommendation to watch Hot Stove League .... i LOVE baseball ⚾️

Rating ::  8.5/10

Hello there I am back for another challenge, but until then...

I would like to recommend zen violet Hot Stove League which is an amazingly gripping slice of life drama. I binged it in three days, it is about a sport I know absolutely nothing about and the title is incomprehensible but the drama is an extraordinary watch! Hope you like it, should you decide to accept my challenge recommandation!

EDIT Thank you Saygo for the very interesting recommendation. Gannibal is something I would not really choose for myself: but I was surprised I liked it as much as I did. 8/10

3rd Challenge = Complete ^_^ 

I recommend Giuca to watch Gannibal. I honestly cannot pinpoint what you would like so i went with a drama that i felt was underrated this year and worth a watch.(There are a few dramas in your not interested list that i would recommend so that threw me off a bit too lol).

>>Badge Image

I accept @Tanii's rec to watch Just Between Lovers.

Status- Completed (Ep 16/16) [27/05/2023]

Rating- 9/10

The  has kind of a slow pacing but i enjoyed the dynamic of all the characters. I  like the main couple and  the theme of broken people healing together is my cup of tea. As slow as this was it was kind of worth it  for me .I'm a sucker for found family and that aspect was great as sad as this show was. I  probably would have never taken the time to actually watch this even though it was on my list for some time.

4th We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony
It's the time of the month for the monthly We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony.

Congratulations to following seven Challengers whose recommended dramas have been watched and rated with a rating of 8.0 - 9.0:

Silver Badges

Saygo for recommending Gaus Electronics which has been rated 9/10
• Tanii for recommending Word of Honor which has been rated 9/10
• cal0ri3 for recommending 18 Again which has been rated 9/10

Bronze Badges

Mushroom_ for recommending Train which has been rated 8.5/10
• Tanii for recommending Sell Your Haunted House which has been rated 8.5/10
• _Choa's_ for recommending My Mister which has been rated 8.5/10
• Saygo for recommending The King of Pigs which has been rated 8/10

Hall of Fame

This month, we also have Tanii advancing the Hall of Fame with a total of 5 badges, and Saygo entering the Hall of Fame with a total of 3 badges.

Gentle Reminder

If you have accepted a challenge, do make it a point to watch and rate the drama recommended to you soon, so that your recommender can be duly awarded for a good drama recommended.

Edited on 28 May 2023 for dark mode compatibility.

6th Challenge Completed! Thank you for the rec!

I recommend Saygo to watch Just Between Lovers as it's on your PTW list! Your completed list is amazing, though! I had a hard time finding something to recommend that you hadn't already watched. JBL is one of the shows I watched when I was first getting into dramas, and I still remember that it was pretty touching at that time.

image link

I accept Rien's recommendation to watch Love Between Fairy and Devil! Thank you for the rec!

Status: Completed! 9/10. Thank you so much for such a lovely recommendation! 💕

Tanii:

6th Challenge Completed! Thank you for the rec!

I recommend Saygo to watch Just Between Lovers as it's on your PTW list! Your completed list is amazing, though! I had a hard time finding something to recommend that you hadn't already watched. JBL is one of the shows I watched when I was first getting into dramas, and I still remember that it was pretty touching at that time.

image link

Open for rec!

I’ve completed my 2nd challenge

I recommend Tanii to watch Love Between Fairy and Devil

image link: https://i.postimg.cc/zBKMhCGv/8-D8-E320-A-47-F6-4-EA6-AA86-BE32-D60-FD44-F.jpg

open for another recommendation, but please something short or maybe a movie because I don’t have that much time.

edit: I accept Giuca’s recommendation. Completed the challenge and rated it with an 8.0

Rien:
open for another recommendation, but please something short or maybe a movie because I don’t have that much time.

Hello Rien

Since you are looking for a short drama, how about a short chinese webdrama with mini episodes Ye Ye Xiang Jian Bu Shi Jun. There is a 3h movie edit of it. The link to it is on drama page comments. It is quick and fun watch.

And I am ready for a new challenge! Can I ask for NO horror, please?

EDIT: I will be watching Divorce Attorney Shin. Thanks dearuto!

EDIT 2: Finished! Fun though a bit undercooked! 8/10 Thanks!

Took awhile longer than usual but completed my fourth challenge (here)! 

I recommend Giuca to watch Divorce Attorney Shin! I personally have not watched it yet but I think 1) it's not horror and 2) it was quite popular when it was airing (and 3) it's in ur PTW) 🤣 hope you will find it a good watch!

edit: missed out on the badge!

I accept Alex 's challenge to watch Joseon Attorney: A Morality!

excited to binge it when I'm done w/ my current drama 

Woo Do hwan is back!!! His acting really hard carried this show. Dropped the ratings a lil bit becuase I felt like the show couldn't carry the momentum till the end and the cases in the second half of the show seem to wrap out so Unsatisfactorily 

I recommend dearuto to watch Joseon Attorney: A Morality. It's on your PTW list and it just finished airing today so it's great for binge-watching too! You also have historicals as your favourite genre and I feel like the tags of this drama suit your taste too, at least I got the impression from the stats on your profile :D Hopefully you will like it ♡ 

The pic: https://i.mydramalist.com/Xd2qNx_3f.jpg

I accept the challenge to watch Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha! 

Such a nice healing drama! I came to love all the villagers of Kangjin and their stories. I wasn't a big fan of the love triangle but it got resolved quite quickly. The leads were so cute together. I laughed, smiled, and even shed a few tears. Gam Ri's death hit me right in the feels :'(  Overall, I enjoyed this drama very much. Thank you for the rec, Snow Flake! ♡ 

1st challenge2nd challenge | 3rd challenge |

I recommend Alex to watch Hometown cha cha cha. It's a healing rom-com drama with a refreshing setting that I loved so much. Hope you like it too!!

I accept the challenge to watch Cherry Magic. Thank you so much for being considerate of my preferences Saygo.

Status- Completed 10/10 

4th Challenge = Complete ^_^ 

I recommend Priyanka to watch Cherry Magic. You have a lot of BLs on your PTW list  and  it seems you have not seen that many as  of yet(I have seen many). Judging by your not interested list you are not into  stories with angst or  sad/tragic/ endings. I picked this to help you take the BL plunge and picked this as your first Japanese BL(lowkey  a  wholesome gem). There is nothing new about an office romance but the characters are sure to draw you in. It feels very pg-13  but oh so adorably entertaining regardless.

>>Badge Image

I Accept ElBee's rec to watch The Gifted. I have not watched it yet  and look forward to see why it has so much hype.

Status- Completed(Ep 13/13) 

Rating-8.5

Thoughts-I actually really liked this overall concept and premise. I wish it had a tiny bit more grit . I enjoyed watching some character  focused episodes more than others. It was not consistent enough but pretty good overall. I particularly liked the ending too. It was worth all the hype.

Challenge Complete :) 

So I have a question for Saygo first... I had a lot of immediate thoughts in seeing 1) your profile description and 2)  you dancing on my wavelength recently (see my April photo mashup lol) ... alas, this isn't a recommend 12 challenge, so I'll just ask about the first thing that popped into my head to check:

Q: Have you watched the first season of The Gifted ? The second season of it (which relies on the first quite heavily-but not the movie which is more like a proof of concept version) is in your PTW, but the first wasn't there for whatever reason. If you haven't seen it, that was one of a few that my brain linked to, possibly because I noticed you're currently watching Thai dramas. 

It's a pretty quick drama (figured two slow burn stories back to back could be overkill) and ticks some of your boxes (adolescents honing potentially lethal superpowers while also going through puberty, totally peaceful times, relaxing as a sleeping cat called Buddha).

(edited bc my brain is kinda fried)

Ready for a new rec! :) 

EDIT: I accept  xBBBLUE's recommendation to watch From Now On, Showtime!  (It'll have to wait since I'm watching a show w/the FL in it at the moment and don't want to have the characters' traits bleed into one another in my head.) 

EDIT 2: I have completed From Now On, Showtime! and rated it an 8/10. I loved the Magic Factory staff and found it a fun, easy to marathon mix of comedy, warmth, some suspense, and healing and growth for characters … but there were some shortcomings that were a bit glaring in production and the last third of it had a blend of really good and really choppy/messy parts that I probably would have preferred handled differently, whether it was the original writing or editing that made some of it a bronze level show for me. Fun 16 hours for a holiday break. :)

5th We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony
Despite a quieter month, we press on with the We Watch 2023 Award Ceremony for May 2023.

Congratulations to following three Challengers whose recommended dramas have been watched and rated with a rating of 8.0 - 9.0:

Silver Badges
• 
specs / art for recommending dele which has been rated 9/10
• 
Tanii for recommending Just between Lovers which has been rated 9/10

Bronze Badge
• 
Saygo for recommending Gannibal which has been rated 8/10
Hall of Fame

This month, Tanii and Saygo continue to advance the Hall of Fame with a total of 6 badges and 4 badges respectively.

Gentle Reminder

1)  If you have accepted a challenge, do make it a point to watch and rate the drama recommended to you soon, so that your recommender can be duly awarded for a good drama recommended. Special gentle reminder to: xBBBLUEVanessa_Benizakura.

2)  Please refer to the updated challenge status table in page 1, and claim your badges by inserting the drama image in your prior post. Special call out to: _Choa's_Gummy_Marshmallow and Xiao Zi. Also to Giuca / Giochi: I know you have declined the badges but anytime you wanna have them, feel free to include the drama images ><

Edited on 28 May 2023 for dark mode compatibility.

I recommend ElBee to watch From Now On, Showtime!  (2022).

I accept Giuca's recommendation to watch Sh**ting Star.

Rating 9/10

I watched the whole drama in a few days because it was engaging. I can't help thinking that those few negative stories like the scheming housekeeper, the attempt at revenge, and even ML's sad childhood were unnecessary. I feel like these stories were too shallow, even though they were supposed to keep the drama from being boring. Better would be, for example, one or two well-developed negative plots. But overall, I enjoyed this drama. It was sweet and adorable.

xBBBLUE your PTW list is very long so it must be hard for you to pick something to watch! I am the same! But there are a few dramas on it I would like to recommend! One of those is this one.

Sh**ting Star is a cute friends to lovers romcom with some original sweaters! 

EDIT: Thank you Tanii. Actually I started watching Star & Sky: Star In My Mind but I dropped it: I just did not like Joong's wooden acting! I will give it a second chance since there are no interesting bls to binge left! 

EDIT: Well I binged it (while multitasking!) and it was surprisingly not as bad as I expected it to be after I dropped it after the 1st episode. The actors had correct chemistry and there were no time wasting pesky side couples. Thanks Tanii!  7.5/10