Recently, I've noticed that many dramas started to have a different format. I mean, most dramas used to have like 16-20 episodes with 1h/ep, but now they've reduced the duration to 30min/ep and increased the number of episodes to 30-40. Most of  the dramas I'm currently watching and are still on-going, have like 30-40 episodes, and honestly, I was hesitant to start them at first because of this.

I know that it's not a big deal since they still take the same amount of time after all, but I was just curious as why many dramas started to take on this format.

I did and I'm assuming they are aiming to reduce the number from 2 to 1 episode a week so they could work on fliming the drama while having plenty of time to revise the plot, acting, editing, ratings and maybe even the settings. With this system, they could avoid overworking the staff and actors. But that's my conclusion. 

Haven't thought about that. Thanks for the answer!

are you talking about the new airing system some channels adapted? the one when they air 4 30 min/eps a week instead of 2 1 hr/eps a week? so now their dramas end up as 32 instead of 16?
if that's what you mean then you should know that this system was announced by some of them as a way to control the advertisement breaks due to some new laws. there was a good article here on MDL about it when we first saw it, it even ad links to all the articles and announcements of the networks.

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. It seems I totally missed this bit of information ><" Thank you for informing me!

Thank you! I was looking for the article.

to be honest the only problem with this is that is two time more annoying to download the episodes one by one :/

Sadidas:

to be honest the only problem with this is that is two time more annoying to download the episodes one by one :/

i also get confused as what stage are the dramas at. sometimes i look at it and it's episode 8 so i think of starting it but then i realize it only mean it's ep 4 so it can put a dent in my drama schedule  

I felt it too

In the case of  While u were sleeping , suspicious partner..