Hey guys, so this has been bothering me for so many years. There's an Asian drama I remember watching as a kid alongside my dad (and this was in the 2000's when I watched) but I don't know the name of.  I'm also not sure if it was made in the 2000's or 1990's though, and it was dubbed into Vietnamese (but it didn't seem like a Vietnamese drama). 

The plot was about 2 girls who were friends- one who was wealthy and one who was poor. They somehow switched to each other's families when they both got lost- and were raised in each other's biological families, forgetting whatever happened. They then cross paths when they grow older, and I think there was a love triangle with a handsome half Asian(? not sure) looking man.

What I mainly remember is towards the end of the drama, the girl who was originally poor but was "adopted"/switched to the rich family tried to commit suicide with poisoned water/pills because the guy didn't return her love(?) or stress idk, but instead her non-biological father drank the water, and died of heart attack or something. 

She didn't mean for this to happen and felt guilty, turning herself into the police. The guy she loved (but he didn't love back) gave her some pearl jewelry for her to have as his condolences?? She was then ordered to hang (?) herself by authorities as her legal punishment. 

The guy and the other girl who was born rich but was adopted by the mother of the now-deceased daughter are now together.

Please, if anyone even has an idea of what this drama is called, please comment! or discuss. 

Can you specify what country was the drama from? And how long did the drama run for? like mini drama (around 16-20eps) or was it longer (like >50eps)? Was it historical/period drama or a modern day one?

If it was set in a modern-day setting, then I think we might narrow it down to Southeast Asian drama (e.g Thai Lakorn) or Mainland Chinese drama coz I honestly cant think of a modern Korean/ Taiwanese drama which has 'body-hang' as a form of  legal punishment.

Maybe check out the kdrama FASHION 70'S - https://mydramalist.com/1126-fashion-70s

Msheepops:

Can you specify what country was the drama from? And how long did the drama run for? like mini drama (around 16-20eps) or was it longer (like >50eps)? Was it historical/period drama or a modern day one?

If it was set in a modern-day setting, then I think we might narrow it down to Southeast Asian drama (e.g Thai Lakorn) or Mainland Chinese drama coz I honestly cant think of a modern Korean/ Taiwanese drama which has 'body-hang' as a form of  legal punishment.

i really don't know which asian country it was from.. it was a mini drama and seemed like it was set in the late 1900s - possibly 80s or 90s or early 2000s. 

Unless the plot was set in the late 1900s but was filmed in the 2000s. For sure the drama had colour.  I just remember the girl who died had a round pretty face and wore a beret(?) with short hair or something fashionable. And her bedroom she had seemed quite posh- not sure if it was modern. I don't remember if there were alot of places that the drama was filmed at. The girl who was born in the rich family  but grew poor was a bit chubbier but when she grew older she was a lot skinnier and usually had braided hair.

I'm sorry if I'm confusing you, these are my memories as a kid under 10 years old.

Autumn Tale? The details don't exactly fit, though