In my opinion, Asian dramas are like a drugs that many people could not get rid of. Don't you agree? To me, i can't survive a day without touching MLD or watch an Asian drama. But to some of my friends, they just think that i'm simply crazy. Everything i say, do, think are in some ways related to dramas and they don't get why. I got them to try and watch some of my favourites but got dropped straight away. So in conclusion, if one watches a drama they either could Not drop it or they simply die of watching it( either sooooo into it or can't ever get in to it).
agree this the kinds of drugs has no cure and no rehabilitation facility for all the addicts like us lol
Once you enter dramaland,

Yeah they're kinda like drugs, except turning off your internet for a month will stop you from consuming (assuming you didn't download a bunch of dramas beforehand) and you know, they don't **** up your life or get you broke... So uh... Pretty much nothing like drugs.
bahaha. ^^^^^^True. I don't consider them drugs because I don't consider myself addicted. Like. If someone spends their free time reading or painting, no one would think that's weird. My interests just happen to be watching asian people do stuff and getting super excited when I can string together meanings of sentences from the various Korean words I've picked up over the years. Which I feel in it's own way is just me trying to learn a new language the hard way. lol. So boom. I'm productive and bettering myself. Becoming "more cultured" and whatnot. :D
im pretty much on withdrawal symptoms on my drama addictions....drama is totally like drugs coz u lose sleep in process of watching it and pretty much hallucinating too, coz u think ur part of the story,& if its a good story and the actor i luv im sure i will definitely will try to finish it no matter what and no ones getting in my way and u learn to pray too that the good guy won't get hurt lol... well D9 ur lucky that u dont spend much on watching dramas or downloading them but still for me in order to watch it i need electricity... in order for me to get electricity i need paying job to pay the bills and its not fair to ask my mum to pay it for me and thats how responsible drama addict i am lol so tell me if this is not a sign of addiction lmao
Ej101 wrote: well D9 ur lucky that u dont spend much on watching dramas or downloading them

Since January 1st, I've been spending on average 5.3(ish) hours a day watching dramas and I've downloaded something like 2TB of dramas.

Really, I don't spend much time watching dramas?

Of course if we're taking this thread as a joke, we can say that dramas are somewhat like drugs, but if we look at it in a more realistic way, they really are nothing alike other than the fact that dramas might also, in a very far fetched way, be considered an addiction to a few people.

I'll start comparing them to drugs when people start losing their jobs and ending up on the streets because of dramas.

Yes, I realise I'm taking this in a very serious and literal way but it wouldn't be fun if I didn't.
aigo D9 i know you always take things seriously thats why its a good thing we have you here to point out the obvious... but to some people it might but we don't know yet if there are people lose their job watching drama but i knew people they live thru it breath it like an oxygen and they call them self confessed drama addict coz they can't function w/a dose of drama....
Things ain't gonna be fun if you take it too serious here! cheer up a bit even though i know that this article is kind of exaggerated!
Se-Kyung0209 wrote: Things ain't gonna be fun if you take it too serious here! cheer up a bit even though i know that this article is kind of exaggerated!

But I like to be the no fun guy :(
lol lee joon is handsome in that tumblr :D
I was just saying yesterday that I'm badly addicted to dramas. You know, I spent the whole day (yesterday) watching a drama that I didn't even like for 12 hours!! I just continued watching. I know my life should be more than just facing my laptop watching dramas all day. That's the reason I keep saying I'll give up dramas one day just not today XP
100% completely addicted-I started watching Asian dramas February of 2012 and I have hardly watched anything not subtitled since then.
LoveAsianWorld wrote: lol lee joon is handsome in that tumblr :D

Lee Joon is always handsome. bahahahahaha.
I think dramas have some addictive effects. For many viewers it serves the same purpose as drugs do for addicts. They help us escape our minds & any problems festering there. Where I'm concerned dramaland tremedously relieves the high levels of stress associated with my job! I'm very grateful.