Hey :) So I started watching Boys Before Flowers today and I'm on episode 2, have almost finished Hana Yori Dango I couldn't help but to watch BBF. Have to say that the Japanese version catch my interest from the first episodes, can't say the same about the Korean version, although I will continue watching it to see if it gets better and how it develops. So, here is my question: Which version did you like the most and why? :)
Hana Yori Dango, and I've watched the korean one first. I honestly thought I wouldn't like HYD better but it's so much better in many ways... I tend to compare each scene (because there are so many scenes that are the same) and HYD has definitely the best ones. And I don't want to spoil anything here, but the ending in HYD is much, much better. It's unforgettable, whereas the korean version is just... well... it just is. Nothing special at all. The acting is also better, especially because Geum Jan Di (korean version) was honestly annoying at times... >.< Both are really funny and all but I think the romance part definitely stands out in the japanese version.
You are the first person I know that has watched BBF and then HYD and has liked the Japanese version more. Most people tend to like more the first version they watch and then don't watch the other one. Totally agree with you, the main character (Jan Di) it's really annoying, screaming all the time, it really piss me off. Another thing to point out is that I like better the chemistry between the Japanese couple (Makino & Domyoji). MatsuJun seems to fit perfectly in his character and also Inoue Mao. Although Lee Min Ho is a great actor, his character Jun Pyo seems a lot more softer than it is in the manga. The difference between him and Yoon Ji Hoo it's not so well seen as it is in the Japanese version. Have to point out that Oguri Shun makes an amazing Rui. This is just my point of view :)
Even I watched first BOF first  and then I watched Hana Yori Dango.
But I really really liked Hana Yori Dango.
BOF was my first Asian- and Korean drama, but I think HYD is better because it's more like the original story (manga) and I think the actors had better chemestry between each other... but I think BOF has the best OST - I have bought both OST albums, but I also want the Special Edition album because my favorite OST is in that, lol.
I also like Meteor Garden (Taiwanese version), but I think season 2 was boring.
you should also try Meteor Garden.