Rascal wrote: Thanks! God, you have matured a lot since the last time and now here we are again. You're my destiny, maybe. :P

I'm trying this new thing called being nice but idk if it is going to work...
Please stop calling it a drama slump.
Sorry but "it" needs a name. What do we call it then?
You can't force yourself out of a slump. If you want to try, start a bunch until something feels right. I've gone through periods where I would watch maybe 10 first episodes before I found something I wanted to continue. Other times I would marathon movies or take a break completely. You could start by looking for something you could enjoy for reasons outside of it being a critical masterpiece (e.g an actor/actress you love or a director/writer/topic) and watch it for enjoyment. That's only if you still really want to break a slump. I think they wear off naturally, though, and you could just wait for something good next season or try again when you're in a better mood.
Zero_Energy wrote: Sorry but "it" needs a name.
What do we call it then?

Why do you think it needs a name?
DiaNine wrote: Why do you think it needs a name?

Well, everyone gets it at some point in their drama-watching lives and it is annoying to describe what happens every time you want to talk about it with someone. It is much quicker and easier to just say drama slump or call it something else, do you know what I mean?
Zero_Energy wrote: I'm trying this new thing called being nice but idk if it is going to work...

It is working alright right now
:) I know. But careful because being "nice" is new to me.
DiaNine wrote: Why do you think it needs a name?

This whole thing is feeling very existential.
DiaNine wrote: Please stop calling it a drama slump.

Slump
noun

a sudden severe or prolonged fall in the price, value, or amount of something.

So if you suddenly start watching less dramas (due to whatever) you are in a slump. I am not sure why you want it to be called anything else.
Zero_Energy wrote: :) I know. But careful because being "nice" is new to me.

okay okay :)
Surprise-Lobotomy wrote: a sudden severe or prolonged fall in the price, value, or amount of something.

I still don't see how that works. I doubt many people wake up one day and are suddenly bored/tired of dramas, it's usually something that develops over time, whether it be because they're watching it too much (my case), or something else.

Also, as it looks to me, it is also implied in the definition of a "drama slump" that you need to force yourself to continue watching dramas even though you're bored.

Not to mention this isn't something drama-related, this is something that happens with everything in life. Dramas, series, anime, games, jobs, you name it.
I would watch old dramas that I really liked and maybe after that I would want to watch other dramas :D Try it ;)
What did this thread become? And hey Rascal ever plan on coming back on chat or did i scare you away forever?
Lol I'll be back on the chat tomorrow then. See ya there but first let me take a selfie! :)