So I've taken a few months break from dramas/movies and now when I'm trying to watch a drama I bloody can't watch more than 15 minutes, I get tired, bored and end up somewhere else on the internet after that. It's really making me pissed off because I miss dramaland but I just can't seem to watch anything unless it's really really really interesting/perfect. I've made a alot of attempts to watch different dramas but I fail all the time. What is wrong? Have you ever felt the same way I do? Any ideas of how I can get my attention/interest back for dramas? Because I'm dying to watch a drama right now.
Well I can certainly relate to wanting to watch a drama but not being able to! My case is not as extreme as yours though because I haven't attempted to watch any dramas since Christmas. I can't even bring myself to open the website. If I start a drama I know I'll finish it 95% of the time.
I had the same problem for about a year? I tried watching dramas, but i got bored every single time and it was just so hard. I don't remember what happened then, but suddenly i got back the interest and i could actually watch some dramas. It was still difficult but somehow i managed to do it. It still happens sometimes, that i get bored when i start watching one. And then i just try to watch it (even though i have my tablet and most of the time i end up playing there) but i still watch the drama a bit. Eventually i get over the '' boredom '' and i find interest in the drama.
If you're bored, drop the drama and start a new one until you find one that doesn't bore you. If you can't find one, take a longer break. Forcing yourself makes no sense.
since you are considering it a problem it means that you haven't totally lost the interest because you are wanting to watch something... i think it is just some phase (sometimes it happens to me as well) but when you find a drama which catches your interest and watch it till the end you will start to pick up watching the others you can't watch now (based on my experience).
This is in the recommendations section. Are you looking for a recommendation or should I move this to the General Asia section?

I hit funks like what you described all the time. I find that trying something else out to clear out the clutter in my brain helps. Perhaps reading a book or watching some movies will help ryou regain your drama motivation. :)
hahaaaaa this is what happening to me these days ,this month i find it hard to stay with drama as i was ,i was watch 7 or 6 episodes in one day but now i only watch half episode in a day and sometime don't ,there is many drama waiting me but i don't know what's the problem with me. sometime there's nothing to do even with internet that i haven't anything with only visiting the pages over and over or open it infront of me without doing anything. some time when that happen to me i watch short animes then i can prepare to dramas.
Yeah, I know that feeling. In fact, in the 10 years since I've watched Asian drama, I've taken a break often. Sometimes it takes me just a couple of weeks or months or even longer. Heck, The longest break lasted almost 2 years. During those breaks I still kept watching Asian movies though. And those movies were the ones that pulled me back into the drama scene, again and again. My point is, sometimes a break is needed. And when you hit that slump, you should take as long as you need. If you still can't focus it means you need a longer break. I would suggest to watch Asian movies instead, or as Joooya recommended, maybe animes. Or, maybe watch daily 15-minute drama like Amachan or Oshin. :)
Interesting, we meet again Rascal. It's called a drama slump. Some people cure their drama slump by watching variety shows, some cure it by playing sports idk. Or just watch non asian things XD I'm pretty sure there is an article or two on MDL about this. Or you need to find a miracle drama but I doubt that would work. Everyone gets drama slumps. Try different things. Take a break and try not to think about drama. I suggest not watching drama at all but whatever XDDDD If you are bored and need comedy that isn't asian try watching "Community".
Just try watching English series or English movies, I had that feelings last couple of month,& sometimes I do still feel a little residue of that. But my 2 good friends here encourage me to watch walking dead. & I just choose to watch the new airing dramas so I wont put pressure on myself. specially now that my scheds are so hectic.
Zero_Energy wrote: It's called a drama slump.
Some people cure their drama slump by watching variety shows, some cure it by playing sports idk.

This. I'm one of the ones that cures drama slumps with korean variety shows. I think it works pretty well, you should give it a try. I recommend either Running Man or Infinity Challenge.
Happens to me frequently...nothing new. For me slump frequency is getting much higher. Just take a looooong break...
Fair play to all of you! :D
Zero_Energy wrote: Interesting, we meet again Rascal.
It's called a drama slump.
Some people cure their drama slump by watching variety shows, some cure it by playing sports idk.
Or just watch non asian things XD I'm pretty sure there is an article or two on MDL about this.
Or you need to find a miracle drama but I doubt that would work. Everyone gets drama slumps. Try different things. Take a break and try not to think about drama.
I suggest not watching drama at all but whatever XDDDD If you are bored and need comedy that isn't asian try watching "Community".

Thanks! God, you have matured a lot since the last time and now here we are again. You're my destiny, maybe. :P