kYuBin:

Welcome~! ^^ An yes, hall of fame for movies will come too after we finish the ones from dramas.

Thanks, KyuBin :)     

I heart the HDC community

Nienna:

Shenmi; can you tell me which ones?  

There was a lively set of responses in this thread about 10 days ago (along with comments on the lists) about what is Historical vs Period.  The introduction to the lists should explain the differences.

Because MDL members could add their favorites to the list, some titles ended up on the wrong list, and I thought I had fixed all of them, but am happy to make corrections is you let me know which dramas you think belong on each list :) 

Hope this helps :) 

So if I understand it correctly Period dramas are kinda fictional and the Historical dramas are based on truth of sorts and it doesn't matter the era the drama is set in? 

Shenmi:

So if I understand it correctly Period dramas are kinda fictional and the Historical dramas are based on truth of sorts and it doesn't matter the era the drama is set in? 

YEP:  A Period Drama (sometimes called a Costume Drama) may have the costumes, sets, etc. of a particular period, but not historical reference to a person or event. 

??

Nienna:

YEP:  A Period Drama (sometimes called a Costume Drama) may have the costumes, sets, etc. of a particular period, but not historical reference to a person or event. 

??

Do not belong on the Period list:

Rookie Historian, Iljimae, Jewel in the Palace, The Tale of Nokdu (Some of these are highly fictionalized, but there are real historical figures/backdrops, and to my understanding, historical accuracy is not a precondition for being on the Historical list.)

______

Do not belong on the Historical list:

The King's Affection, Love in the Moonlight (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe neither of these dramas are set against any real historical backdrop.)

The Rise of Phoenixes (not set in a real dynasty), Love and Redemption (xianxia)

Dramas I'm not sure about (either I haven't watched them or don't remember well enough, if other people would weigh in on these, that would be great): The Story of Ming Lan, The Longest Day in Chang'an, Arsenal Military Academy, Story of Yanxi Palace, Queen: Love And War, The Princess Wei Young, The Romance of Tiger and Rose, Rookie Agent Rouge, My Roommate Is a Detective, Sparrow, Goodbye My Princess, 100 Days My Prince, Splash Splash LOVE, Killer And Healer, Fall In Love, The Disguiser, any of the Japanese or Thai ones

The Longest Day in Chang'an is based on true story (accidently read that on Douban) 

How do you know if something really belongs in Period of Historical not all drama pages are up to date.  I think someone should check all the nominees if they are in the right lists (category). Oh my, my head is spinning XD

The Longest Day in Chang'An is based on real life people and true events. Here's a thread on the history behind the drama:
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/the-longest-day-in-changan/42767-history-behind-the-longest-day-in-chang-an

Doesn't belong in the Historical list:
Arsenal Military Academy
Romance of Tiger and Rose
Love and Redemption
Splash Splash LOVE
My Roommate is a Detective

I can't tell the others coz I'm unsure about them

Shenmi:

The Longest Day in Chang'an is based on true story (accidently read that on Douban) 

How do you know if something really belongs in Period of Historical not all drama pages are up to date.  I think someone should check all the nominees if they are in the right lists (category). Oh my, my head is spinning XD

Our heads and spin together, Shenmi! :)   When there is a question, then I research the characters to find a tie to a historical person or persons, or event.  

This was supposed to be easy!!   hahahhah!  

awkward potato:

The Longest Day in Chang'An is based on real life people and true events. Here's a thread on the history behind the drama:
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/the-longest-day-in-changan/42767-history-behind-the-longest-day-in-chang-an

Doesn't belong in the Historical list:
Arsenal Military Academy
Love and Redemption
Splash Splash LOVE

I can't tell the others coz I'm unsure about them

Thanks for letting me know.   Like I told Shenmi,  I'll research the titles and make the changes as necessary.  Round #2 won't be this bad because the lists will be final for that round.  

Apparently I have no life, so I have time to do that! hahahah

@Awkward Potato

Moved to Period Drama List 

Arsenal Military Academy  

Splash Splash LOVE

Already on Period Drama List 

Love and Redemption

Moved & updated :) thanks so much Awkward Potato :)

ryan:

I wish the Featured Voting List would rotate between a few different lists so more people would be able to vote

This list has been up and open for additions for about 2 weeks.  Everyone could add to make the list large, but because the close date is Jun 2, and because I was having to do so much corrections, I closed the additions function. 

Also, this is a first attempt at a HDC Hall of Fame, and I hope it won't be the last :)

Nienna:

Thanks for letting me know.   Like I told Shenmi,  I'll research the titles and make the changes as necessary.  Round #2 won't be this bad because the lists will be final for that round.  

Apparently I have no life, so I have time to do that! hahahah

Nienna:
Our heads and spin together, Shenmi! :)   When there is a question, then I research the characters to find a tie to a historical person or persons, or event.  

This was supposed to be easy!!   hahahhah!  

Hahaha! I really appreciate what you're doing here, even tho you have no life and time to do this, LoL

Anyways thank you for all of your hard work and everyone who spends time and research on the lists for the HDC Hall of Fame   ღゝ◡╹)ノ

I believe in Splash Splash Love the King was Sejong, (born 1397—died 1450), Who created the Korean alphabet Hangul? Though the rest of the story was pure fiction, I believe it was also adapted from the same Book they used for Love In The Moonlight.

So here is the (little) info I have about the ones you asked about: 

The Story of Yanxi Palace - based on real person,  Imperial Noble Consort Ling, from the Qing Dynasty.

Rookie Agent Rouge - Set in Chinese Republican era of Japanese occupation where the lead is enmeshed in the fight. Not based on a real person. 

Fall in Love - Also set in Republican era, although I don’t know enough about Chinese History to pin it down more. And none of the lead characters were real.