Annette:

I haven't watched a lot of historical dramas to be specific, the only one i remember starting was love between fairy and devil which was absolutely gorgeous, but i couldn't finish it and I was going to start moon lovers [drop some honest reviews] <3

Watch Eternal love  with Yang Mi

Annette:

I haven't watched a lot of historical dramas to be specific, the only one i remember starting was love between fairy and devil which was absolutely gorgeous, but i couldn't finish it and I was going to start moon lovers [drop some honest reviews] <3

Hmm you didnt finish it? Was that because it was too long? Maybe try something shorter then. I liked Dong Lan Xue and Zhang Gong Zu Zai Shang. 

Im guessing youre watching the Chinese Moon Lovers? I really liked it but sometimes i would take btreaks because of the pacing. But i really got into the show and would even draw pictures of certain scenes that left impressions on me. The author also wrote the original story for Lost You Forever which i also finished and loved. That one i think had better pacing in the script but both are really memorable and unique for different reasons

Annette:

Hmm you didnt finish it? Was that because it was too long? Maybe try something shorter then. I liked Dong Lan Xue and Zhang Gong Zu Zai Shang. 

Im guessing youre watching the Chinese Moon Lovers? I really liked it but sometimes i would take btreaks because of the pacing. But i really got into the show and would even draw pictures of certain scenes that left impressions on me. The author also wrote the original story for Lost You Forever which i also finished and loved. That one i think had better pacing in the script but both are really memorable and unique for different reasons

fiflydramalover:

You won't believe even I would sit and draw certain scenes from love between fairy and devil because I thought the scenes were so beautifully crafted and the costumes were exquisite 

I was actually talking about the Korean moon lovers ft. IU and Kang Ha Neul and i thin k Nam Joo Hyuk was also in it 

Annette:

You won't believe even I would sit and draw certain scenes from love between fairy and devil because I thought the scenes were so beautifully crafted and the costumes were exquisite 

I was actually talking about the Korean moon lovers ft. IU and Kang Ha Neul and i thin k Nam Joo Hyuk was also in it 

Oh! Thats also a good one. They did a great job on that adaptation! I hope you enjoy it!! ^_^

I need some new ones to watch. Or ones that I keep adding to my lists but never actually starting! I'm in the mood for some historical ones! 

I must say I am rewatching ashes of love and it is a friggin masterpiece !!!!! I'm on episode 16

Cam:

I need some new ones to watch. Or ones that I keep adding to my lists but never actually starting! I'm in the mood for some historical ones! 

Based off your list, you need to watch Story of Yanxi Palace

I am sooo stuck. All of the following historical dramas I have started but can't seem to finish. It's not that I HAVE to finish them, cuz I can drop a series without any trouble if I don't like it. 

The issue is I do like these dramas, but I can't get myself to start them back up again. And then to make it worse, after a while of not watching a historical, I'll start a new one instead of going back to these titles.  

Am I a wacko? Does anyone else have or had this issue? I actually have completed some long historicals, but not sure why I abandon so many.

1. A Dream of Splendor
  2. Back From The Brink
  3. Destined
  4. Eternal Love
  5. Queen In Hyun's Man
  6. The Long Ballad
  7. Winter Begonia

I just started Lost You Forever last night, lol. Maybe it's the thrill of beginning a new drama? Is that a thing? 

For sure I want to clear out my "On Hold" list. **sigh**

American Fan:
Am I a wacko? Does anyone else have or had this issue? I actually have completed some long historicals, but not sure why I abandon so many.

Yeah... I think there's a difference between something being technically good and something that speaks to your soul. For people who watch because something is interesting, the technically good stuff is great! But if you need something that speaks to certain parts of yourself, even if you don't know what those parts are, sometimes those technically good things just won't be that immersive for you. 

Could also just be a symptom of depression though lmao sorry idk 

American Fan:

I am sooo stuck. All of the following historical dramas I have started but can't seem to finish. It's not that I HAVE to finish them, cuz I can drop a series without any trouble if I don't like it. 

The issue is I do like these dramas, but I can't get myself to start them back up again. And then to make it worse, after a while of not watching a historical, I'll start a new one instead of going back to these titles.  

1. A Dream of Splendor
  2. Back From The Brink
  3. Destined
  4. Eternal Love
  5. Queen In Hyun's Man
  6. The Long Ballad
  7. Winter Begonia

I just started Lost You Forever last night, lol. Maybe it's the thrill of beginning a new drama? Is that a thing? 

For sure I want to clear out my "On Hold" list. **sigh**

I know that problem - I hate watching several dramas simultaneously, but whenever I'm stressed out by real life I keep starting new ones. I also have some really good ones waiting to be finished.

fiflydramalover:
Could also just be a symptom of depression though lmao sorry idk 

Yeah, there is that! lol

jumala:
I know that problem - I hate watching several dramas simultaneously, but whenever I'm stressed out by real life I keep starting new ones. I also have some really good ones waiting to be finished.

I'm not alone, thanks! haha

I usually watch a few currently airing (BL) dramas and one long C-drama at a time. But it's gotten out of hand lately. 

I did figure out, after my post, to start with the dramas I have the most watched eps finished so I can complete them faster, then work my way down to the dramas with the most eps to still watch. That's my plan anyway!

American Fan:

A Dream of Splendor
Back From The Brink
Destined

I did pause Destined for a bit before finishing it. I still ended up loving it.

I have destined on pause as well lol sometimes it can just be a mood thing. I'm either bored or just not in the mood for the context. If I still haven't gone back to in a few months then I LL just drop it.

I think for me it's a rollercoaster. I really like historical TV shows but sometimes I do take a break and I struggle to finish things. Sometimes I flip between genres from historical to romantic comedy to action. Sometimes I flip between different countries from Chinese shows to American shows to Korean shows.

I tend to put more things on hold or keep them on currently watching on the chance I'll come back later and enjoy it but there are some where I think it's not my cup of tea at all and I drop.

Right now - The Unexpected Marriage is some light fun and I'm enjoying that.