Grumpy Witch:

"Test your patience" is an understatement! *Marked as survived the family on Romance on the Farm* LOL

Amen  ??????? 

American Fan:

Today I started Destined. I'm only on EP5, but it's starting off very promising. I love both ML character's and how well they play off each other. I also really like the plot with some original twists different than the typical historical drama. 

Crossing my fingers I can get through it without feeling like it's dragging or that I'm losing interest. haha

I got to Ep 29 then took a break. Watching all 40 episodes in one go will feel like a bit of a drag. I tend to switch to a genre opposite just to regroup. Destined has a good story so it's not that hard to watch. Looking forward to your thoughts once completed. 

movietourist313:

Hi everyone! I'm quite new to this site (have been using it to search for dramas for a few years now, but never made an account) and I just discovered this Historical Dramas Club. I really love historical dramas and I've made this list of some of My Favourite Historical Dramas. If you have any other great historical dramas that you would recommend, I'd love to hear about them! 

I mainly watch Korean and Chinese series, but recently I've been interested in watching more Japanese dramas (and maybe also Thai), I just don't know where to start for good historical dramas. If you know some good ones, please share them with me :)

Hey there! I see you tend to like the more realistic type of historical dramas so here are some I didn't see on your list but would recommend:

• Secret of Three Kingdoms (Great characters (leads, secondary characters and even villains)! A bit politically heavy thus a bit slow but very worth it)
  • A Familiar Stranger (A minidrama but so endearing. Interesting plot + good lead couple)
  • Ripe Town (Unique plot, setting and execution (investigation/detective drama)) 
  • Strange Tales of Tang Dynasty (Interesting detective drama with good dynamics)
  • The Legend of Zhuohua (Overall good and refreshing. Mature leads & interesting antagonists)
  • Eternal Brotherhood (Not my favourite but Game of Thrones-esque. Very unique in the high fantasy aspect)
  • The Mutations (Unique setting and synopsis, interesting plot with supernatural elements)
 Dramatic Deb:

I got to Ep 29 then took a break. Watching all 40 episodes in one go will feel like a bit of a drag. I tend to switch to a genre opposite just to regroup. Destined has a good story so it's not that hard to watch. Looking forward to your thoughts once completed. 

Well, I did the same thing. Stopped at EP 22 . I also switch genres, but I haven't gotten back to it. I'm in some kind of weird thing where I get about halfway through a drama and make a full stop. The dramas are good and I was enjoying it, but for some reason.....it's kinda frustrating cuz I don't like leaving so many unfinished. I can't drop them either. Some are on hold rn. What to do... 

My all time favorite historical drama is The story of Ming Lan.

I'm loving these recommendations :)

And if you are looking for crazy vicious harem disputes..tons of drama OH MY  story of yunxi palace AND Ruyis royal love in the palace. Also an oldie but a goodie..Empresses in the palace LOL

@Arclei Thanks for those recommendations! Many I haven't heard of before, and Strange Tales of Tang Dynasty has been high on my Towatchlist. 

And yes I do tend to watch more realistic historical dramas. I also love it when it is based around history, so I can read the Wikipedia pages to understand the complete story/event/person. 

Strange Tales of Tang Dynasty is very worth it! And season two is currently airing so there's that to look forward to as well! 

Very valid! Doing those deep-dives into the history and background can be pretty fun! Of those I recommended, I believe only Secret of Three Kingdoms is based on real history (with some creative liberties but I won't spoil anything ^-^). 

Arclei:

Strange Tales of Tang Dynasty is very worth it! And season two is currently airing so there's that to look forward to as well! 

Very valid! Doing those deep-dives into the history and background can be pretty fun! Of those I recommended, I believe only Secret of Three Kingdoms is based on real history (with some creative liberties but I won't spoil anything ^-^). 

ooh okay, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to both :)

MrsKaylaNichole:

Amen  ??????? 

Amen is more along the lines of..."for sure girl"

LOL Americanized slangggg

MrsKaylaNichole:

Amen is more along the lines of..."for sure girl"

LOL Americanized slangggg

Sometimes emojis convert into question marks on the forums. Its a very confusing error lol ?

fiflydramalover:

Sometimes emojis convert into question marks on the forums. Its a very confusing error lol ?

Oh I didn't know that!! Thanks (=^..^=)

I haven't watched a lot of historical dramas to be specific, the only one i remember starting was love between fairy and devil which was absolutely gorgeous, but i couldn't finish it and I was going to start moon lovers [drop some honest reviews] <3

Annette:

I haven't watched a lot of historical dramas to be specific, the only one i remember starting was love between fairy and devil which was absolutely gorgeous, but i couldn't finish it and I was going to start moon lovers [drop some honest reviews] <3

Watch Eternal love of dream with Yang Mi