angeliviki2022:

I did pause Destined for a bit before finishing it. I still ended up loving it.

GelfyFaeth222:

I have destined on pause as well lol sometimes it can just be a mood thing. I'm either bored or just not in the mood for the context. If I still haven't gone back to in a few months then I LL just drop it.

Yeah, I think it's a mood thing, plus I can get bored easy if the pace goes from fast to slow and stays at slow for awhile. My mind needs to stay engaged for me to really enjoy a drama. 

Knavery:
Sometimes I flip between genres from historical to romantic comedy to action.

Me too!

fiflydramalover:

Based off your list, you need to watch Story of Yanxi Palace

I agree yanxi palace is amazing..I binged so hard I didn't sleep..I didn't want to sleep!! Lollll

Knavery:

I think for me it's a rollercoaster. I really like historical TV shows but sometimes I do take a break and I struggle to finish things. Sometimes I flip between genres from historical to romantic comedy to action. Sometimes I flip between different countries from Chinese shows to American shows to Korean shows.

I tend to put more things on hold or keep them on currently watching on the chance I'll come back later and enjoy it but there are some where I think it's not my cup of tea at all and I drop.

Right now - The Unexpected Marriage is some light fun and I'm enjoying that.

Same here! I like historical TV series. But I need to take a break and switch things up too. Try something new: romantic comedy, fantasy, thriller, action. 

I started watching Japanese TV series and anime, too. 

Please suggest some worth watching historical dramas, already watched mr queen , alchemy of souls 

Far_Away:

Please suggest some worth watching historical dramas, already watched mr queen , alchemy of souls 

I can only share my favs list for you. I haven't seen as many as some of the other members here.

https://mydramalist.com/list/LQJbvoR3

Far_Away:

Here's my list, with my ratings and some comments:

https://mydramalist.com/list/1VbMWvr1

Hi all I want to make a few emblems with Xianxia and Wuxia Lover titles. I'm not an expert both confuse me so I was hoping someone could point me to good accurate lists so I use correct images.

Also here's a test badge for animated emblems

woooooah gifs now! Very cool!

For the difference between xianxia and wuxia, honestly on this site plenty of people don't care the difference. BUT 

xian means something similar to "fairy" and essentially has to do with gods and demons and often the heavenly realm or other magical clans. I believe that wuxia is more to do with martial fighting and issues of the mundane world with a flare for enhanced energy related to qi. One of the two favors taoism in its worldbuidling, but I don't remember which. 

Quick rule of thumb for me is, are there people that are considered, "monsters" "gods" "fairies" "immortals" etc.? Most likely its a xianxia. Does the story revolve around gangs or jianghu with none or minimal magic? Most likely a wuxia then. Some of the better ones are older and involve wandering fighters. Though as time goes on, I think the lines between the two genres do  blur a bit, especially with stories like Word of Honor, which both involves the ghost realm and the jianghu world. 

Xianxia Examples

Wuxia Examples

To the rest of this club, please feel free to make corrections to my claims or add to them. I am in no way an expert lol.

Rien let me know when you make them!! I love Wuxia and Xiaxia!!

Okay @Rien I went through my list of watched (and PTW) titles and came up with these two references lists: 

Hopefully they help! 

fiflydramalover:

Okay @Rien I went through my list of watched (and PTW) titles and came up with these two references lists: 

Hopefully they help! 

Thanks I appreciate it a lot 😊.

MrsKaylaNichole:

Rien let me know when you make them!! I love Wuxia and Xiaxia!!

I will post here and on the feeds when I made some 😉

I think the post is a good one

Wuxia - exaggerated fighting styles where mortal men and women seem like they're "flying" and dancing. It doesn't look like real people fighting. But otherwise it's pretty grounded. They try to mimic a historical period and the only thing exaggerated is the fighting.

Xanxia - Gods, demons, immortals, fairies, animal spirits interacting with mortals.

Of course it's not always so black and white and some people like to complain about how something is not wuxia or it's not xanxia. It seems like on MDL - Wuxia is a genre and theme while Xanxia seems to be only a theme. So a lot of Xanxia will get the Wuxia genre attached to it.

Knavery:
Of course it's not always so black and white and some people like to complain about how something is not wuxia or it's not xanxia.

I'm not picky! Whatever they're called or classified as I LOVE them all!  ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Not forgetting the xuanhuan ones coz they're like xianxia but without the Dao beliefs. I get confused the most when it comes to xianxia and xuanhuan  T___T

Tao or Dào is not a "xian" thing per se; Tao or Dào is a religious belief in today's modern world. 

In Louis Cha's wuxia world, Wudang clan is a wuxia clan that follows Taoist customs and practices, while Shaolin clan follows Buddhist customs and practices.

Xuanhuan has fantasy elements of magic and supernatural powers like LOTR, I think.