Estelll:

In addition to Immortality and Ancient Love Poetry that @WandereR mentioned, other possible candidates include Cang Lan Jue, Mirror: Twin Cities, Song of the Moon, and (next year's) Jade Bone Ballad!

All have beautiful poster but this one is my favourite

Song of the Moon

I hope drama is also as beautiful as this

Estelll:

In addition to Immortality and Ancient Love Poetry that @WandereR mentioned, other possible candidates include Cang Lan Jue, Mirror: Twin Cities, Song of the Moon, and (next year's) Jade Bone Ballad!

Oooo, the cast in those, I really like :D

There seem to be more xianxia / fantasy this year than last year. Hopefully they all come out soon! 

Blizzardahm:

Yeah, I have to say, the historical Cdramas (and dramas in general) we've been getting this year has been pretty pleasing so far.

Yes, and one thing I appreciate is that editing seems to have been improved compared to last year's dramas -- I noticed there were many C-dramas last year, and especially fantasy/xianxia/xuanhuan, that were cut from x episodes to 30-something episodes in a weird way that made them so disjointed...

Thankfully, this year the general quality in that department seems to have improved! A great example is probably (haven't watched it yet) No Boundary, that instead of cutting it outright, they made it into 2 seasons, airing in quick succession one after the other!!

Btw, @Blizzardahm, is this one a Xianxia or a Xuanhuan? Cause it has both tags in it... I'm looking forward to your next article to clear things up a little!!! :)

And also, The Long Ballad & The Rebel Princess both take an A+ from me for pacing!!

Estelll:

Yes, and one thing I appreciate is that editing seems to have been improved compared to last year's dramas -- I noticed there were many C-dramas last year, and especially fantasy/xianxia/xuanhuan, that were cut from x episodes to 30-something episodes in a weird way that made them so disjointed...

Thankfully, this year the general quality in that department seems to have improved! A great example is probably (haven't watched it yet) No Boundary, that instead of cutting it outright, they made it into 2 seasons, airing in quick succession one after the other!!

Btw, @Blizzardahm, is this one a Xianxia or a Xuanhuan? Cause it has both tags in it... I'm looking forward to your next article to clear things up a little!!! :)

And also, The Long Ballad & The Rebel Princess both take an A+ from me for pacing!!

Yes, you're right! The CGI for many dramas was very well-polished and beautiful! 

I've haven't watched No Boundary, though, so I can't classify it. It seems more like a Xuanhuan because it is set in a certain dynasty (unlike ELOD, where they traveled to a dynasty) but it does have Xianxia elements. Has anyone here watched No Boundary and knows the classification?

Blizzardahm:

Yes, you're right! The CGI for many dramas was very well-polished and beautiful!

I've haven't watched No Boundary, though, so I can't classify it. It seems more like a Xuanhuan because it is set in a certain dynasty (unlike ELOD, where they traveled to a dynasty) but it does have Xianxia elements. Has anyone here watched No Boundary and knows the classification?

I'm always try to make sense of it according to "Immortal Mountain"'s definition, and especially this part: 

Xuanhuan and Xianxia novels may sometimes seem similar on the surface. Look for the presence of Daoist elements (the Dao, Yin and Yang, Immortals, etc…) in the novel to easily distinguish the two – if they aren’t present, then it’s probably a Xuanhuan novel.

So according to this, and the drama description, about an immortal descending to the mortal realm, it's probably a xianxia?

I'm unable to quote a section of the post. How do you guys do that?

"So according to this, and the drama description, about an immortal descending to the mortal realm, it's probably a xianxia? "

It seems so. After a few more minutes of looking around, it does seem to lean a little more towards the Xianxia genre. (This is a time where I desperately hope that my Xuanhuan article is already published)

I took a screenshot of my unpublished article, hope this helps!

Blizzardahm:

I'm unable to quote a section of the post. How do you guys do that?

"So according to this, and the drama description, about an immortal descending to the mortal realm, it's probably a xianxia? "

It seems so. After a few more minutes of looking around, it does seem to lean a little more towards the Xianxia genre. (This is a time where I desperately hope that my Xuanhuan article is already published)

I took a screenshot of my unpublished article, hope this helps!

The world of fantasy is a good example ....that's the only thing I watched this year .... Every cultivator had a unique power of his own and there were several levels of cultivation ... There were 10 levels with different that I don't remember

Estelll:

Yes, this aspect has improved probably because the production is better equipped to comply with the NRTA industry regulations on capping the max no of episodes.  Last year's dramas were produced earlier which exceeded the threshold so had to re-edit at the last minute.

Sam:

The world of fantasy is a good example ....that's the only thing I watched this year .... Every cultivator had a unique power of his own and there were several levels of cultivation ... There were 10 levels with different that I don't remember

Oooh, really? I totally missed this Xuanhuan drama! *facepalm*

Blizzardahm:

I will not say it was really great ...it was okay ...but main leads were not really good Actors ... Plus ended on a mild cliffhanger ... so we don't even know when season 2 is arriving but I think it's a really good example ....since in this characters used to ask what is your cultivation level ....plus both main leads are actually most powerful characters...they just realise it later

Blizzardahm:

I missed out on WoF too, so will have to pick it up at some point.

Xianxia and Xuanhuan are indeed similar.  Usually one of the ways to distinguish is by looking at the appearance and depiction of the righteous sects, because they are the ones that practice cultivating and achieving the Dao.

Sam:

I will not say it was really great ...it was okay ...but main leads were not really good Actors ... Plus ended on a mild cliffhanger ... so we don't even know when season 2 is arriving but I think it's a really good example ....since in this characters used to ask what is your cultivation level ....plus both main leads are actually most powerful characters...they just realise it later

Hmm...I see. By missing it, I meant my article. (oops)

Blizzardahm:

Hmm...I see. By missing it, I meant my article. (oops)

Oh okay ...my bad

Can please someone help me with the dramas of The Condor Heroes or The Legend of the Condor Heroes or The Return of the Condor Heroes or / and.... ?! There are so many adaptations and I've done the research but it's getting even more confusing.. T_T     All I want is the best of his kind and in proper order

Grateful for the help ^-^

Shenmi:

Can please someone help me with the dramas of The Condor Heroes or The Legend of the Condor Heroes or The Return of the Condor Heroes or / and.... ?! There are so many adaptations and I've done the research but it's getting even more confusing.. T_T     All I want is the best of his kind and in proper order

Grateful for the help ^-^

No problem :) 

The Condor Heroes is a trilogy. 

Part 1 - The Legend of the Condor Heroes 

Part 2 - The Return of the Condor Heroes (sometimes known as Romance of the Condor Heroes) 

Part 3 - Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre (aka Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Sabre) 

You may watch each as a standalone, although they are connected. Part 2 is a direct continuation of Part 1 (the next generation) while Part 3 takes place several generations after the events of Part 2. 

The recent ones are not bad, 2017's Part 1 and 2019's Part 3. The latest adaptation of Part 2 can be found in 2014's Romance of the Condor Heroes. All adaptations mentioned above are Chinese Mainland productions. 

The earlier versions, especially the HK productions of the 80s and 90s might be a little dated so try watching the latest versions first.