So Legend of Condor Heroes (2017) is part 1 followed by 2014 then 2019 one

WandereR:
You may watch each as a standalone, although they are connected. Part 2 is a direct continuation of Part 1 (the next generation) while Part 3 takes place several generations after the events of Part 2. 

This is kinda like Nirvana in Fire 1 and 2 and the now upcoming sequel part 3! Okay I got that :))

WandereR:
The recent ones are not bad, 2017's Part 1 and 2019's Part 3. The latest adaptation of Part 2 can be found in 2014's Romance of the Condor Heroes. All adaptations mentioned above are Chinese Mainland productions

Part 2 of 2014 can't be a sequel of the 2017...huh....you see for me it's confusing to watch the trilogy in proper order :(

WandereR:
The earlier versions, especially the HK productions of the 80s and 90s might be a little dated so try watching the latest versions first. 

That's exactly what I want, the Chinese ones from this millennium! How about the ones of 2006 and 2008? Really my head is spinning XD

Sam:

So if I understand correctly, they made first part 2 in 2014 and then part 1 in 2017?!! How is that.....Lmao

Anyway thank you 

Shenmi:

This is kinda like Nirvana in Fire 1 and 2 and the now upcoming sequel part 3! Okay I got that :))

Part 2 of 2014 can't be a sequel of the 2017...huh....you see for me it's confusing to watch the trilogy in proper order :(

That's exactly what I want, the Chinese ones from this millennium! How about the ones of 2006 and 2008? Really my head is spinning XD

I watched the 2003 version of Legend of the Condor Heroes [part 1] & I loved it (though it's a little dated so perhaps not for everyone), and now I plan to watch the 2006 version of Return of the Condor Heroes [part 2], this will feel much more like a sequel 'cause it's made by the same production company-channel, & it also features the same actors for some supporting roles that also make an appearance there!! :)

And as for Heavenly Sword & Dragon Sabre [part 3, but more than 80 years later if I'm not mistaken], I've watched the 2019 version & I absolutely fell in love with it (though I admit it was one of my first wuxia dramas, so I might be a little biased), it's one of the few dramas I've ever given a 10 to (though it's a 10 for enjoyment, not for it being a masterpiece or anything), so I highly recommend it!!! ^_^

Sam:

Yes, correct!

Shenmi:

So if I understand correctly, they made first part 2 in 2014 and then part 1 in 2017?!! How is that.....Lmao

Anyway thank you 

Ok, it's like this haha.  

Part 1 followed by Part 2 and then Part 3 is the correct sequence of the story.

The thing is, especially over the past couple of decades or so, production companies choose to do one drama instead of the whole trilogy.  The reason being there has been too many adaptations already so it's assumed that most viewers are aware of the story or they could choose to watch earlier adaptations. And, as I've mentioned, you could watch them as standalone BUT for first time watchers of this trilogy, probably best to watch in sequence, since all 3 dramas are available (the 2017, followed by 2014 and finally 2019).

Estelll:
watched the 2003 version of Legend of the Condor Heroes [part 1] & I loved it (though it's a little dated so perhaps not for everyone), and now I plan to watch the 2006 version of Return of the Condor Heroes [part 2], this will feel much more like a sequel 'cause it's made by the same production company-channel, & it also features the same actors for some supporting roles that also make an appearance there!! :)

I love the older versions and HK ones as well, but I agree and which was why I was hesitant to recommend, the older stuff might be too dated so probably better to watch the newer versions.

I love the 2019 as well, probably because the story is more action packed (actually they're all action packed but in a different way) and also because of the cast, which was superb!

Part 2 is actually my least favourite story but it is the one which is most well-known because of the romance between the teacher and the student (noona romance lol).

Anyway, go watch them now and tell us your experience :D

Shenmi:

Anyway thank you 

This is a classic series that's been remade again and again. And because you can watch each part independently from each other, it seems some studios decided to remake just the part that they liked. The 2014's part 2 is done by a different studio than the 2017's part 1. 

Oh I forgot to add, if anyone is interested, that the Condor trilogy also works great for the "Remakes" Block of the 2021 Watch Challenge!! :)

Estelll:

Oh I forgot to add, if anyone is interested, that the Condor trilogy also works great for the "Remakes" Block of the 2021 Watch Challenge!! :)

That's exactly where I'm going to use this 

Estelll:
this will feel much more like a sequel 'cause it's made by the same production company-channel,

I believe that is a very important. And if I understand it right  the 2008 is a remake? 

Thank you for the links ^_^  I decided to start with the 2003 (p1), then 2006 (p2) and part 3 I'm not sure yet!

Estelll:
absolutely fell in love with it (though I admit it was one of my first wuxia dramas, so I might be a little biased), it's one of the few dramas I've ever given a 10 to (though it's a 10 for enjoyment, not for it being a masterpiece or anything), so I highly recommend it!!! ^_^

Lol ...well I have the same for The Untamed, a little biased and a 10 for enjoyment xD

Vya van Velaris:
his is a classic series that's been remade again and again. And because you can watch each part independently from each other, it seems some studios decided to remake just the part that they liked. The 2014's part 2 is done by a different studio than the 2017's part 1. 

Yep I understood that when Estelll gave the explanation of that the 2003 and 2006 are from the same production team / channel.  And that the newest are from, as you said, different teams. Tnx ^^

WandereR:
Anyway, go watch them now and tell us your experience :D

Hhaha... I will 

@WandereR @Estelll @Sam @Vya van Velaris  ♥️ ♥️ ♥️  I'm grateful for all your clarifications and I want to let you know that my head stopped spinning and have a clear mind of the how, the what and the when. 

I'm starting p1 2003, then p2 2006 and p3 2019...whoohoo finally

That's it folks I'm out and watching :))

Shenmi:

Hhaha... I will 

@WandereR @Estelll @Sam @Vya van Velaris  ♥️ ♥️ ♥️  I'm grateful for all your clarifications and I want to let you know that my head stopped spinning and have a clear mind of the how, the what and the when. 

Hope you enjoy ...I have started watching 2017 version 

Shenmi:

Hhaha... I will 

No problem!

Just to add some titbit - when you get to the 2006 drama, you might recognise the FL, Crystal Liu.  She's the one who played Disney's Mulan last year.

Happy watching!  :)

I love empress ki!! There was a CN version of it dunno if its the same, would like to watch the kr new historical with budget production like that again

Costume is so pretty as well, great actress too ha ji won ?

Shenmi:

So I have some things, hehe! It all started with my confusion of the The Legend of the Condor Heroes.

After all the clarification I started watching the (p1) 2003 version. 32 sec in and I saw the most amazing horse scene and made 2 screenshots and shared it in the open feed and then 6 minutes later I got struck by lightning...the worst cruel horse scene I've seen in a while. I finished the episode but I still wanted to rant and shared that also on the open feed, I couldn't help myself :)) 

Then hours later I got a vague reminder of something on my on hold list and there it was The Legend of the Condor Heroes of 2017...XD  Apparently I watched 3 episodes in sept.'20 and the accompanying note said that I found it to violent at that moment/time and couldn't handle that. I think that I'm a softy once a month xD 

So for now I stick with the 2003 version and skip the horse scenes (>ᴗ◕)

I love the 2003 version of Legend of the Condor Heroes! It's quite underrated, and I love Zhou Xun's Huang Rong. There's also the 2008 version starring Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Liu Shishi, and Yuan Hong. (This version is memorable, because Hu Ge was in a major car accident that halted filming.)