Hi all. What a genius idea this club is! I would love to be a part of it as I've vowed to watch more historical dramas this year. Earlier this year I rewatched the longer version of Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan and I was intrigued by  the costumes, customs and intrigues, it's a completely different world from modern dramas. I'm currently watching Six Flying Dragons and will go on from there. Please keep all your lovely recommendations coming and thank you in advance.

Rari:

Hi all. What a genius idea this club is! I would love to be a part of it as I've vowed to watch more historical dramas this year. Earlier this year I rewatched the longer version of Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan and I was intrigued by  the costumes, customs and intrigues, it's a completely different world from modern dramas. I'm currently watching Six Flying Dragons and will go on from there. Please keep all your lovely recommendations coming and thank you in advance.

Welcome to our humble little club :) 

Feel free to share your thoughts or enquire about any historical production! And don't forget to choose any of our beautiful club badges and banners designed by the lovely members of the club. 

Congrats on choosing SFD, it's one of the best sageuk ever produced imho! 

WandereR:
Congrats on choosing SFD, it's one of the best sageuk ever produced imho! 

It's amazingly good, I don't want it to end.

Rari:
It's amazingly good, I don't want it to end.

One of my absolute favorites too. Welcome :)

Shiro :

Hi, I just wanted to give you some praise for both beautiful banners and allot of interesting information. I tried to start Heachi with my husband but he was quickly annoyed by the humor, and I didn't really pick it up after that...

Thank you, and welcome! :)

Rari:

Thank you for your praise, and welcome! ^_^

SFD is indeed a great choice, but side effects from finishing it are that you may find other sageuks pale in comparison!! :D

@Everyone, I made a new banner, I hope you'll like it!! ^.^

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! To all members who have made banners and/or badges, but I somehow missed you (I have only one very flawed brain, really sorry, it wasn't intentional in any way) & you can't see them in the Banners & Badges section, please answer to this call (or pm me) with your name & image links to be included!! 

Thank you! :)

Estelll:

Spreading the Ancient Love Poetry love! I love this!

Estelll:

Wow, this is nice!!! 

This drama is quickly becoming my new favourite xianxia :D

So  I have finally finished watching The Long Ballad. I thought I would watch it slowly but from episode 1 got so hooked I binge watched the whole series.  Definitely lived up to all the hypes and positive comments.  I especially liked the character growth of the female lead.  I hate it in some shows when the female lead who is suppose to be well rounded is impulsive and jumps in to conclusions and act recklessly. I loved that at first she was  emotional and impulsive  at first but later he becomes more calm and rational.I also liked the fact that between the cousins there was no enmity or jealousy because of a guy instead it was pure and love. 

So glad to have finally watched it. Right up there with the Rebel Princess for me.  Based on comments in this group looks likeI should add Ancient Love Poetry to my watch list. Cant wait for it to finish airing to start watching. 

Its You:

So  I have finally finished watching The Long Ballad. I thought I would watch it slowly but from episode 1 got so hooked I binge watched the whole series.  Definitely lived up to all the hypes and positive comments.  I especially liked the character growth of the female lead.  I hate it in some shows when the female lead who is suppose to be well rounded is impulsive and jumps in to conclusions and act recklessly. I loved that at first she was  emotional and impulsive  at first but later he becomes more calm and rational.I also liked the fact that between the cousins there was no enmity or jealousy because of a guy instead it was pure and love. 

So glad to have finally watched it. Right up there with the Rebel Princess for me.  Based on comments in this group looks likeI should add Ancient Love Poetry to my watch list. Cant wait for it to finish airing to start watching. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed The Long Ballad. It's become one of my favorites, too!

And yes, I'm also trying to wait with Ancient Love Poetry... hopefully I can hold it until it finishes airing, but with so many positive comments, it's hard not to check it out. :)

In the mean time I'm trying to finish Fights Break Sphere (7 episodes left). The universe is similar to Douluo Continent, but the story and production of FBS are so much better. The only plus point of Douluo Continent is that it's more a team growth and teamwork there, while FBS focuses mainly on Xiao Yan, the main character.

Has anyone tried No Boundary S1 & 2 ? Is it good?

I watched a little bit of No Boundary s1 ep1 (more like test preview, not added to my list officially yet). I was actually quite surprised with the quality of the visuals and effects. The pace is quite brisk as well. I thought it had some pretty good action with more emphasis on the romance between the leads. 

I'll probably re-visit it when I run out of things to watch. S2 has finished airing too so there's no waiting time for cliffhangers. 

WandereR:

I watched a little bit of No Boundary s1 ep1 (more like test preview, not added to my list officially yet). I was actually quite surprised with the quality of the visuals and effects. The pace is quite brisk as well. I thought it had some pretty good action with more emphasis on the romance between the leads. 

I'll probably re-visit it when I run out of things to watch. S2 has finished airing too so there's no waiting time for cliffhangers. 

That sounds promising! Maybe I'll check it out soon. ^.^

No Boundary was pretty good on the whole. I enjoyed it.