Hi everyone! A bit late to joining in on the club but I love a good romance historical drama and I've been binging a lot of them quite recently. 

I just finished watching "The Long Ballad" today and I'm already missing Ashile Sun. I'm hoping that "The Red Sleeve" or "The Legends" (which I plan to watch next) will fufill that empty space that the long ballad left lol. 

I hope everyone is doing well into the new year~ 

I made a few banners for this club from the long ballad~ 

Ari:

Hi everyone! A bit late to joining in on the club but I love a good romance historical drama and I've been binging a lot of them quite recently. 

I just finished watching "The Long Ballad" today and I'm already missing Ashile Sun. I'm hoping that "The Red Sleeve" or "The Legends" (which I plan to watch next) will fufill that empty space that the long ballad left lol. 

Hi Ari, nice to meet you here :)    As you maybe have noticed it's somewhat quiet here at this moment :(

I also enjoyed TLB a lot <3......... And if I were you I go with "The Red Sleeve" :))  

Shenmi:

Hi Ari, nice to meet you here :)    As you maybe have noticed it's somewhat quiet here at this moment :(

I also enjoyed TLB a lot <3......... And if I were you I go with "The Red Sleeve" :))  

Yeah i see that :(
Okay, TRS it is then! Thank you Shenmi ~

Ari:

I made a few banners for this club from the long ballad~ 

Hi, Ari! Welcome to the club and thank you so much for creating the lovely banners! The Long Ballad is one of my favourites from last year too :)

I had just completed The Red Sleeve, it's a good one so hopefully you'll enjoy it. You can watch The Legends right after, it's not bad as well :D

WandereR:

Hi, Ari! Welcome to the club and thank you so much for creating the lovely banners! The Long Ballad is one of my favourites from last year too 😀

I had just completed The Red Sleeve, it's a good one so hopefully you'll enjoy it. You can watch The Legends right after, it's not bad as well 🤗

Thank youu! Yeah, I'm sure i'll enjoy it because the plot seems pretty interesting. I'm curious, did you enjoy the legends or red sleeve more? 

Ari:

Thank youu! Yeah, I'm sure i'll enjoy it because the plot seems pretty interesting. I'm curious, did you enjoy the legends or red sleeve more? 

They're both different genres and I enjoyed them both. The Red Sleeve is probably heavier in content and more melodramatic while The Legends is more fantasy based.

WandereR:

They're both different genres and I enquired them both. The Red Sleeve is probably heavier in content and more melodramatic while The Legends is more fantasy based.

Oooh okay gotcha. 

Ari:

Hey @Ari, and welcome to the club!!! :) 

Also a big THANK YOU for the beautiful banners & badges!! I'll list them right up to the front page if you don't mind.

The Long Ballad tied with Stand by Me as my favourite historical drama that aired in 2021 (from those I managed to watch, 'cause there are quite a few I didn't). It's probably my favourite slow-burn enemies-to-friends-to-lovers romance ever. 

As for The Legends & The Red Sleeve, I've heard good things for both of them (they're in my PTW), and since they're quite different you can probably watch them both eventually, depending on your mood/taste. The Legends for when you're in need for action/romance & a kick-ass female lead, and The Red Sleeve for when you're in need for a heart-pumping palace drama!

Thanks for that Estell! I'm currently on episode 3 of 'The Red Sleeve', it seems okay coming from TLB but i'm patiently waiting for the story to develop.

& yeah I don't mind at all, anyone's free to use it. <3

I loved the Long Ballad so much that i'm feeling withdrawals that I haven't felt in a long time.

I feel like it'll be hard for me to watch "Stand By Me" because I keep remembering Si feng and Xuan Ji (Love & Redemption).  Lol, it's silly but sometimes when I really enjoy a drama like i did  Love & Redemption, and the actor(Cheng Yi in this case) is recasted with someone else that was in the drama I previously saw them in (not as a love interest),  I just feel a little sad they aren't paired with whom they were previously with.

I'm  eventually going to have to suck it up and get over that feeling when I eventually watch Leo Wu and Zhao Lu Si in "Love like the Galaxy" (when that airs) however xD Because i'm def itching to see Leo Wu again.

BTW, I've been searching around for an answer but I've been seeing like mixed comments about it. Does anyone know why there was such of a lack of romance in The Long Ballad for the main leads? (i.e there wasn't really any kissing, was it because of their age difference or the manhua just didn't have that in there?) 

Ari:
BTW, I've been searching around for an answer but I've been seeing like mixed comments about it. Does anyone know why there was such of a lack of romance in The Long Ballad for the main leads? (i.e there wasn't really any kissing, was it because of their age difference or the manhua just didn't have that in there?) 

I read somewhere (can't remember if it was in YouTube comments or here at MDL on the drama's page) but there was some suggestion that Leo Wu had a 'no kissing' clause in his contract.  I have no idea how true that is.

LucianYaz:

I read somewhere (can't remember if it was in YouTube comments or here at MDL on the drama's page) but there was some suggestion that Leo Wu had a 'no kissing' clause in his contract.  I have no idea how true that is.

I read this too, and then I also read it's something that has to due with their age difference but I guess we'll never know the true answer. 

I haven’t written in here in a while. But who else is starting Mirror: A Tale is Twin Cities? It’s going to be my first CDrama of the year. I can already feel the pain with the opening. 

Ari:

I read this too, and then I also read it's something that has to due with their age difference but I guess we'll never know the true answer. 

Is he the actor who had the hyper jealous girlfriend who insisted he include that in his contract?