xinya:

It's ok, I haven't seen Mr. Queen, and don't know that I plan to :P

phew:) I feel better knowing that!

Nienna:
And the winners are…

Thank you for all of your hard work! I understand the lists are quite a hassle to make and there were many hiccups along the way~ 

Nienna:
shamefully, I haven't seen the 2 of the top 3...I'm an embarrassment to the HIDC! :)

Please don't be embarrassed! I think I fare even worse as I haven't seen 5 out of the 6 dramas listed! O___o Why am I in this club again ^^'

awkward potato:

Thank you for all of your hard work! I understand the lists are quite a hassle to make and there were many hiccups along the way~ 

Please don't be embarrassed! I think I fare even worse as I haven't seen 5 out of the 6 dramas listed! O___o Why am I in this club again ^^'

thanks, Awkward Potato.  The reason you are in the HDC - like me - is for recommendations about what to watch :)

"Empress Ki" in the Top 3 of Historical ones was all I needed hahaha.

This first Hall of Fame was nice, the process and changes following discussions as we kept voting was interesting too. Of course, special thanks to Nienna for organizing all that so well and everybody that helped too. I think the idea of Estell to do votings regularly on specific subjects (might be the genre, characters, specific themes, situations or whatever that appears in a Historical drama) is very good too.

I'm currently enjoying "Alchemy of Souls". Probably the first Korean fantasy drama that I really like and enjoy. And I look forward to watch the movie "Hansan: The Emergence of Dragons".

kYuBin:

"Empress Ki" in the Top 3 of Historical ones was all I needed hahaha.

This first Hall of Fame was nice, the process and changes following discussions as we kept voting was interesting too. Of course, special thanks to Nienna for organizing all that so well and everybody that helped too. I think the idea of Estell to do votings regularly on specific subjects (might be the genre, characters, specific themes, situations or whatever that appears in a Historical drama) is very good too.

I'm currently enjoying "Alchemy of Souls". Probably the first Korean fantasy drama that I really like and enjoy. And I look forward to watch the movie "Hansan: The Emergence of Dragons".

Thank YOU KyuBin!  You were helpful along the way, so ??

Waking up to a bunch of notifications from HDC is always lovely!

Thanks Nienna for all of your effort and everyone's input.  My role is very tiny here and I enjoy having discussions about historical dramas, since it's my fav genre.  

I can understand the disappointment that 6 Flying Dragons didn't make the list.  I am sure it's an amazing drama but I think because it's an older one without a strong romance plot, it wasn't as popular.  I still have it on my "hold" and tried to pick it up several times but couldn't.  It's unfortunate.  For many new watchers like me who started during the pandemic, older dramas (before 2017 for me) were not my priority because there are so many others to watch.

I've watched 5 of 6 dramas, except Empress Ki, and I think they are all great ones.  Out of the 5, I think Untamed is the only one I did NOT give it a 9.0+ rating.  They all have a pretty good combo of plot, romance, acting, and action.  You really can't go wrong with any of them.

I look forward to more voting in the future.  MDL voting list really isn't very user friendly.  I wonder if we should try brackets.  On Reddit, they use the site Anime Brackets and do voting that way.  But it won't be as easy as voting directly from MDL

Sorry for the long post.  Now I need to start working and I look forward to a whole bunch of notifications later :)

I see Nirvana in Fire made it third in the Period Dramas list, so my vote counted ... FIGHTING xD

NiF is the only one I've watched; I got halfway through The Untamed and dropped it. Nothing to do with the drama; I took a break and could never get back into it afterwards ... sigh. The dominance of the Korean dramas is saying something to me, seeing as I've never watched a Korean historical.

Thanks for all the hard work on the lists! 

LucianYaz:
The dominance of the Korean dramas is saying something to me, seeing as I've never watched a Korean historical.

I think very few popular Chinese dramas qualified for the "historical" category, since many are xianxia/wuxia or set in fictional dynasties. Almost all sageuks are set in real dynasties and I'd say most have some basis in actual historical figures/events, even if they're very inaccurate portrayals. So overall the "historical" category was very Korea-dominated (4/5 Korean) and the "period" category was very China-dominated (4/5 Chinese). It would be interesting to see how things would have turned out if the categories had been more evenly mixed.

Of the 6 winners, I’ve completed (and enjoyed) 3. I dropped 1, am planning on watching 1, and am not planning on watching 1.

Of the six winners, I've finished none lol I tried watching nirvana and mr sunshine, but I don't think I ever got past 2 eps

Oddly enough, the ones I voted for were #4 on the final round in both lists:  Yanxi palace and eternal love

Of all the six winners I have watched only one and a couple are on my PTW for quite some time! 

hoshthegoat:

Hello~ may I join?

Welcome! One of the more established members will give you the more "formal welcome" :)

Nienna:

Welcome! One of the more established members will give you the more "formal welcome" :) 

Okay~ thanks for the welcomes ^^

Welcome in the club @hoshthegoat ! If you don't mind, let us know a little bit about your experience with Historical dramas and movies, if you have any of course, and your preferences for "sub-genres", countries, plots, etc. ;)