Sleepninja wrote: Same here! I really want to work on learning more Japanese and Korean phrases now. *sigh* I really want to get the Japanese and Korean lesson from Rosetta Stone, but that program is too dang expensive. :(

Same here! That's why I try to learn as much as I can on online sites [they do help and have good lessons!]. The problem for me is keeping focused on it. I'll get distracted by watching dramas and not keep up with studying haha. If I'm more into Korean stuff at the time - I try learning Korean, If I'm more into learning Japanese stuff - I try learning Japanese haha. And I would do the same with Chinese if it wasn't so difficult haha. While I might be able to learn how to read characters, I'd suck at the pronunciation - so I'd rather learn it in a classroom.
Crazy4You wrote: Same here! That's why I try to learn as much as I can on online sites [they do help and have good lessons!]. The problem for me is keeping focused on it. I'll get distracted by watching dramas and not keep up with studying haha. If I'm more into Korean stuff at the time - I try learning Korean, If I'm more into learning Japanese stuff - I try learning Japanese haha. And I would do the same with Chinese if it wasn't so difficult haha. While I might be able to learn how to read characters, I'd suck at the pronunciation - so I'd rather learn it in a classroom.

Do you have any good sites that you could recommend to me?
Sleepninja wrote: Do you have any good sites that you could recommend to me?

yeah i do have sites. There's Study Japanese thread on MDL, you can check that out. I will PM you the other sites where you can learn Japanese and Korean. C4U, I can send you some sites if you want.

I'm cooking now hahaha
AdeNike wrote: yeah i do have sites. There's Study Japanese thread on MDL, you can check that out. I will PM you the other sites where you can learn Japanese and Korean. C4U, I can send you some sites if you want.

I'm cooking now hahaha

Thank you for the help Ade! :)

The ones that I use:

Japanese:

About.com - This was the first site I came across for learning Japanese - It's nice because they show you how to write the letters in Hiragana and Katakana [they also have lessons on there, too].

LearnJapanese.com - they used to be studyjapanese.org but they changed it I guess so I'm still getting used to the new layout haha. I prefer this site though because of their lessons [and they let you test your vocab, they also have a game that helps you match Hiragana and Katakana characters to help you recognize them]. The Lessons page is where I'm slowly studying some basic phrases and I have picked up some japanese - the way they have it set up makes it easier I think (: It's only really the basics though.

Korean:

Talk To Me In Korean - So far this is the only site I've used. I first learned how to write in it [I do things backwards sometimes haha, but I felt that learning how to write would help me recognize the letters in dramas as well as help in practice as I learn the language]. They're lessons are helpful and they have sound files as well as PDFs with information and they have a practice worksheet for each lesson that you can use to practice (:

For Chinese I still have my Chinese books from school haha, they're only basic learning though, and the characters are Simplified so it doesn't help when watching Taiwan shows because they use Traditional characters. Haven't really tried learning it for a while though.

There are two threads that have Japanese resources if you want to check them out:

Resource Reviews: http://www.mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?303-Japanese-Language-Resources
General Chat About Studying Japanese: http://www.mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?67-Studying-Japanese-Language-Literature-History

And another video!

Arashi's Aiba Masaki
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fak6_aiba-speaks-english_fun
Cool! Thank you C4U. Your school taught Chinese? How lucky. Our school only taught Spanish, French and American sign language. I took three semesters worth of French, but I haven't kept up with my studies so I only remember a little bit. I should start studying it again. I'm interested in learning Chinese, but it's not high on my priority list. I would love to also learn Thai, that language sounds very pretty to me. :)
Your Welcome (: And for 2 years haha. The first year barely counts because the teacher we had...well aside from being kinda a creeper in ways he didn't teach us very well. The year after we had a different teacher and she was really cool haha, we always had fun in class and we always tried to get her distracted [haha it was a class of just girls, 6 of us including the teacher]. That was 3 years ago though and not having kept up with it I only remember a handful of phrases -__- I'd like to pick it up again someday though haha. I took 1 year of French & Spanish [in eleventh grade when they cancelled Chinese haha]. Spanish class was fun but my French teacher was really weird and I hated that class haha.
Crazy4You wrote: The ones that I use:

Japanese:

About.com - This was the first site I came across for learning Japanese - It's nice because they show you how to write the letters in Hiragana and Katakana [they also have lessons on there, too].

LearnJapanese.com - they used to be studyjapanese.org but they changed it I guess so I'm still getting used to the new layout haha. I prefer this site though because of their lessons [and they let you test your vocab, they also have a game that helps you match Hiragana and Katakana characters to help you recognize them]. The Lessons page is where I'm slowly studying some basic phrases and I have picked up some japanese - the way they have it set up makes it easier I think (: It's only really the basics though.

Korean:

Talk To Me In Korean - So far this is the only site I've used. I first learned how to write in it [I do things backwards sometimes haha, but I felt that learning how to write would help me recognize the letters in dramas as well as help in practice as I learn the language]. They're lessons are helpful and they have sound files as well as PDFs with information and they have a practice worksheet for each lesson that you can use to practice (:

For Chinese I still have my Chinese books from school haha, they're only basic learning though, and the characters are Simplified so it doesn't help when watching Taiwan shows because they use Traditional characters. Haven't really tried learning it for a while though.

lol I make use of TTIK also. What level are you in?
I had the opposite problem, when I moved in 3rd grade, the new school I went to expected the students to already be semi-fluent in Spanish and would assign us worksheets that were completely in Spanish (including the directions) and expected me to be able to fill them out. (The previous schools had only taught me how to say hello, thank you, how to count 1-10, and the colors) I pretty much gave up because they wouldn't help me try to catch up. Then in Middle School I signed up for band so I wouldn't have to take a language course. In High School I took French because I was worried that if I took the Spanish classes, I might have a bad experience again. My French teacher was awesome. She was nice and funny. When she was frustrated she would substitute mecredi (Wednesday) for merde (s**t). She told us she did it out of habit because she had 2 kids at home and didn't want to cuss in front of them. :)
Haha that sounds like the opposite. I spent my elementary school years in a different school district and it's kind of a not so good school so none of that was required haha. Then I moved to where I am now at the end of 6th grade and I heard that they taught some Spanish in like 5th grade or something. That sounds crazy that they wouldn't even help you out - it's not your fault you didn't know. I always wanted to sign up for band but my mom didn't wanna rent or buy an instrument. And haha your french teacher sounds cool (: Wish mine had been - and it was his first year teaching, too. I just couldn't stand him - he'd tell us to practice speaking with the person next to us and then just creep in and listen - it always annoyed me haha.

@Nike - I'm just a beginner haha, I'm still on Lesson 1 [did 2 parts] because I haven't kept up with it too much. Plus I take notes and write a lot of things down in a notebook haha.
lol, I do the same also, I'm also on Lesson 2, at the same time I read the reviews and go to their Youtube channel. To make things easier for me I assigned days of the week to each language. lol
AdeNike wrote: lol, I do the same also, I'm also on Lesson 2, at the same time I read the reviews and go to their Youtube channel. To make things easier for me I assigned days of the week to each language. lol

Haha I probably should do that. Learn at least one lesson a week for both languages :p
Crazy4You wrote: Haha I probably should do that. Learn at least one lesson a week for both languages :p

I'm not on lesson 2 what was I saying. I'm on lesson 1 :p I saw a site on allkpop. It's a Korean twitter-like site, where all'em Korean celebs are other Korean guys are. The site is me2day.net
Lee Ji Ah English.

2NE1 English