I sometimes enjoy Re-makes. It all depends on how well they execute it and whether they stray too much from the original story. But I usually am able to gloss over that by pretending that it's "loosely" based on the story. Like the Korean BBF, it strays really far from the original.
Crazy4You wrote: Ohh I didn't like the BBF remake haha. Only because I read the manga and loved it and then I watched that version of it. I loved It Started With A Kiss [ haven't seen the sequel yet] but I haven't watched the other versions haha.

I loved the HYD manga and anime, and the Jdrama too, I also liked BBF because it had different elements. And I loved the Itazura na Kiss manga, but the jdrama is awful, so it was a relief to watch ISWaK
Sleepninja wrote: I sometimes enjoy Re-makes. It all depends on how well they execute it and whether they stray too much from the original story. But I usually am able to gloss over that by pretending that it's "loosely" based on the story. Like the Korean BBF, it strays really far from the original.

I like it because if it had been exactly the same I would've gotten really bored. Besides, the drama also strays a lot from the anime and manga xP
Sleepninja wrote: I sometimes enjoy Re-makes. It all depends on how well they execute it and whether they stray too much from the original story. But I usually am able to gloss over that by pretending that it's "loosely" based on the story. Like the Korean BBF, it strays really far from the original.

Yeah agreed. Sometimes the remakes are better or just as good. I did the glossing over with BBF - as a separate story I didn't mind it. I just don't like it being compared to the others because of that haha.
beca256 wrote: I loved the HYD manga and anime, and the Jdrama too, I also liked BBF because it had different elements. And I loved the Itazura na Kiss manga, but the jdrama is awful, so it was a relief to watch ISWaK

Ohh I see haha. I loved the HYD manga but haven't been able to see the anime yet. Watched the Jdrama first. I didn't like how in BBF the characters seemed to be different, Jun Pyo wasn't the Domyouji I was looking for, so it disappointed me in that element haha. And I haven't read that manga or seen the Jdrama, but ISWAK was great!
Crazy4You wrote: Ohh I see haha. I loved the HYD manga but haven't been able to see the anime yet. Watched the Jdrama first. I didn't like how in BBF the characters seemed to be different, Jun Pyo wasn't the Domyouji I was looking for, so it disappointed me in that element haha. And I haven't read that manga or seen the Jdrama, but ISWAK was great!

Yeah, well you have a point in that one, the characters are different, specially how they make Makino's (jan di's?) friend be with Soujiro (Yi jung). In the original they never would've been together because he was a player. They got it put of proportion just to make a cute side story.
beca256 wrote: Yeah, well you have a point in that one, the characters are different, specially how they make Makino's (jan di's?) friend be with Soujiro (Yi jung). In the original they never would've been together because he was a player. They got it put of proportion just to make a cute side story.

Yeah agreed with that. I did like their coupling more than the main couple though in that drama haha
Crazy4You wrote: Yeah agreed with that. I did like their coupling more than the main couple though in that drama haha

They were cute, but not THAT cute. I hated Jan Di on that drama, specially the way she talked
beca256 wrote: I like it because if it had been exactly the same I would've gotten really bored. Besides, the drama also strays a lot from the anime and manga xP

Have you seen Meteor Garden (the Taiwan version)? It was actually the first adaptation of the manga and in my opinion it was the best version.
beca256 wrote: They were cute, but not THAT cute. I hated Jan Di on that drama, specially the way she talked

I didn't care for Jan Di either. Her family was supposed to be dirt poor, too, but yet her little brother had a laptop? They had a nice tv? Okay and when did she get singing lessons? Haha. The version was too unrealistic for me in a lot of parts, too.

Sleepninja wrote: Have you seen Meteor Garden (the Taiwan version)? It was actually the first adaptation of the manga and in my opinion it was the best version.

I loved Meteor Garden! Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai were the closest to the original characters (: [Barbie Hsu and Jerry Yan]
Sleepninja wrote: Have you seen Meteor Garden (the Taiwan version)? It was actually the first adaptation of the manga and in my opinion it was the best version.

I started watching it but I got bored like in ep 4. It's just that Twdramas usually have a very limited budget, and for this story, it has to be huge, like with the korean version. In the taiwanese version I felt that they were just trying to be rich, so it kind of blew the effect of the story.
Crazy4You wrote: I didn't care for Jan Di either. Her family was supposed to be dirt poor, too, but yet her little brother had a laptop? They had a nice tv? Okay and when did she get singing lessons? Haha. The version was too unrealistic for me in a lot of parts, too.

I loved Meteor Garden! Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai were the closest to the original characters (: [Barbie Hsu and Jerry Yan]

Hahaha nothing like City Hunter, where no matter how poor anyone is he/she still has an iPhone 4, or an iPad xD
beca256 wrote: I started watching it but I got bored like in ep 4. It's just that Twdramas usually have a very limited budget, and for this story, it has to be huge, like with the korean version. In the taiwanese version I felt that they were just trying to be rich, so it kind of blew the effect of the story.

It's true they didn't have much budget, but I watched it more for the storyline. And they actually delved deeper into the characters' personalities and their relationships with each other. I loved it ;D
Sleepninja wrote: It's true they didn't have much budget, but I watched it more for the storyline. And they actually delved deeper into the characters' personalities and their relationships with each other. I loved it ;D

Yeah, a lot of people have told me that it's great, meaybe I'll watch it someday, when I have the story less "fresh" xP
beca256 wrote: Yeah, a lot of people have told me that it's great, meaybe I'll watch it someday, when I have the story less "fresh" xP

Haha THat's understandable. THat's why I haven't finished the K-version yet, the story is still too fresh. I hope you enjoy it when you do watch it. :p