RXinw:

I have never acknowledge or celebrated Autumn lol. It is just not a Jamaican thing. We have a dry season (winter and spring for the rest) and a rainy season (summer and autumn for the rest). We do not celebrate Halloween but that is a whole other controversial discussion.

I guess this club will be exposing me to what persons do in Autumn lol. I am in you guys experienced hands.

I'm South African and don't really acknowledge Autumn either. Halloween is not that big here as well. We are currently randomly  experiencing snow in Spring in some parts of the country.

A boss and a babe ep 1

Omg I love this so far

Book is so adorablee! And the fact that this is an office romance makes it even better lol

Also, I love the OST (My Luck by Book Kasidet), it kinda reminds me of No Doubt (Summer Night OST), another favourite XD

I'm gonna go watch ep 2 now!! 

RXinw:

I have never acknowledge or celebrated Autumn lol. It is just not a Jamaican thing. We have a dry season (winter and spring for the rest) and a rainy season (summer and autumn for the rest). We do not celebrate Halloween but that is a whole other controversial discussion.

I guess this club will be exposing me to what persons do in Autumn lol. I am in you guys experienced hands.

That's very fair. Autumn is a very northern climate thing. I don't celebrate Halloween either, I practice modern Druidry so I'm on a whole other calendar LOL 

OnyxTheHedgehog:
A boss and a babe ep 1

Omg I love this so far

So glad you're enjoying it!

Wrenix:
I don't celebrate Halloween either, I practice modern Druidry

But wasn't Samhain (i.e. Halloween as we know it, rather than the Eve of All Saints which assimilated Samhain in the usual Roman way) originally a Celtic Druid thing? You should be out there interacting with the otherworldly spirits!

A boss and a babe ep 2 

THEY KISSED ALREADY?! That was fast- 

I need to watch the next ep right now lmao 

(So glad I finished all my homework, otherwise I’d be so dead cuz I can’t stop bingeing this lol) 

p43425:

So glad you're enjoying it!

I definitely am!! Thx for the rec XD 

RXinw:

Definitely not enjoying it!

That's unfortunate

Since I decided to subscribe to digital minimalism for the month of October, I will reply to all 15 questions today and then the rest of the questions on November 1st. Wish me luck? :D

1. Your favorite fall activities?

I honestly don't know what are considered "fall activities" specifically. Therefore I don't think I do anything special during fall season.

2. Your favorite fall foods?

Do apples count? Anything that has been taken from the earth and is at the store, is it a fall food? Unless that's pumpkin spice latte in which case, I never tried that.

3. What are your plans for this fall?

Starting uni again, getting a haircut I've been postponing for months, working on a project for uni and basically doing this digital de-cluttering for the month of October. I will be working on the uni project for longer than just the fall season and as for November, I don't know yet, it's too far to tell.

4. What is your happiest fall memory, and with whom and what happened?

I am trying to remember anything that was important during fall but other than start of uni year and meeting my best friend at the time (back in 2012-2013), I can't remember anything else specific to fall season.

5. If you can only pick one BL actor to do a haunted house with who would you choose and why?

Do you mean go to a haunted house event or be part of the crew who organizes a haunted house? Either way, I'd choose Gun Atthaphan for that because I get the feeling he knows how to throw a party and a haunted house event is still some type of party, right?

6. Describe an imaginary fall date with your favorite BL actor.

Okay, since BL actors aren't all gay, I can choose this time... but the only problem is I don't have a choice, not even one. Maybe War Wanarat? He's cute enough and probably gets scared easily? It would be fun to see him getting scared of Halloween themed stuff, but anything more than that (aka horror movies) and I'd get scared first and worse lol. Fall date with War would be nice though, I wouldn't mind it one bit.

7. What is your fall style like?

Style as in clothing? I usually don't pay attention to style (sadly??) so I don't know what to say here. I will still wear pants + shirt, but this time add a hoodie to this. Sport shoes too, of course. I might wear a hat too if it gets too cold (nearing the winter season that is, not in September or October). Umbrella is a must have too.

8. What are your favorite stores/brands?

Don't have any. I rarely do shop for clothes, but my recent clothing purchase are two shirts, official merch for Hibari Kyoya and Mukuro Rokudo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, one of my all-time fave anime. Coincidentally, MukuHiba is my OTP when it comes to anime. <3 I bought these shirts from Goods Republic, a store that ships items worldwide from Japan.

9. Are you planning on taking a trip or traveling this fall?

Nope, unless you count the commute I do to get to uni and back home.

10. Who have you seen in concert, and if no one, who would you like to see?

Gojira, among a few other metal bands. Alternativ Quartet (local post-rock band). I'd like to see them both again, a few other metal bands (Swallow the Sun for example) and Charli xcx. Radiohead. Tarkan. Azam Ali. There's plenty of really good artists out there I'd like to see in concert and quite a few I've seen, years ago.

11. What is the weather/temperature like where you live during the fall?

It's cold, enough to wear a jacket or hoodie over a shirt. It rains (but not too much) and right now, due to global warming, the days are fairly warm. It's close to October, but temperature is quite high. You can look up weather in Bucharest if you'd like, the capital city of Romania (although I don't live there anymore and haven't done so for years). It's close enough, though where I live is colder.

12. What are your favorite scary movies and/or halloween movies?

Don't have any. Horror movies scare me to death so I don't watch them. Plus, I don't think it's wise to watch them due to my mental illness which gets this imagination of the movie and makes it all too real to handle. Well, technically I have the meds, but practically, I still get scared pretty easily. Also, movies where people harm themselves in some way, also not recommended for me. Take Lady Bird for example and a certain scene from it. Definitely not good.

13. If you could make a horror, falltime or halloween BL who would star in it, and what would it be about?

Please let Gun Atthaphan star in it. And Tor Thanapob. They'd be the main couple and they'd have to fight some unseen force or something. I'm bad at making up stories but basically it would either be season two of Midnight Museum, or they'd star in a completely different drama altogether (with the same director as MM or with P'Aof maybe). It would be so good, they make the perfect pair and they can definitely be scary (or scared). They can play villains too, so there's that. Make of this what you will.

14. Your favorite fall scents?

As you can see from my previous answers to anything fall-themed, I haven't done my research when it comes to what is available out there. I only know of pumpkin spice and I don't think I'd like that smell, even if I never smelled it in my life.

15. What are some of your favorite restaurants?

Well, I like Pizza Hut for the pizza obviously, but my most favorite one is Japanos. It's a sushi and ramen restaurant in the capital city here. The chef is a Japanese woman so you know the food is authentic and I really liked going at this restaurant when I was living there. I might visit again sometime, who knows. Right now I'm really craving sushi. I'm not so much a fan of ramen though, for some reason it's not my cup of tea (or cup of ramen??) despite what Naruto kept saying in his anime lol.

This being said, I will start my digital de-cluttering process on October 1st. I wanted to answer the 15 questions earlier than on September 30 because I had the time and all. See you all again on November 1st. Until then, no dramas for me, no MDL, only books and some other stuff. See ya later! ^^

This is completely for fun and shared in the name of it. I have written it out in the similar manner as I would if it were a series I had watched (which I kind of did LOL) and I'm typing up an A to B spoiler of the plot. I'm not trying to write a novel. Just sharing my crazy with the rest of the asylum LOL 

All pics are ai generated or Google images

Brought to you by Elfy's Dream Theatre ~ 

Eros Arrows/Shameless

Song Inspiration 

~ For Wen ~ Mercy  By Shawn Mendes

~ For Rik ~ Desire ~ By Meg Myers 

Part Four ~ Desire

Rik opens his eyes to a blurry room he doesn't recognize. He can hear a low chit chat and smells coffee and toast. His head is throbbing as he tries to sit up. The room around him is a small living room, humbly furnished. He had been lying on the sofa with a blanket. His jacket, tie and remaining shoe had been removed and were sitting neatly on the coffee table in front of him, next to a bowl of water and a cloth. Beside him was an old chair, with a blanket folded neatly. A clock chimes at the hour of 10am.

When he stands up to walk he notices a shelf filled with photographs of Wen and his mother and realizes where he is.
He follows the sound of the low talking into the kitchen to find Wen seated at the table, flicking through a fashion magazine with the loud bartender he was with the night before, seated next to him, pointing at one of the pictures with a laugh.

Seeing him, the bartender greets him with a wide smile and a loud 'Good morning', and hopes they hadn't woken him. Wen nervously looks at Rik and back to his magazine.
The bartender reaches for a clean mug and offers Rik some coffee. Rik simply nods and apologizes for the trouble but his interest remains on Wen as he sits down on the opposite seat. Wen sips at his coffee, slowly looking up over his mug. Rik's stare is electric and makes Wen shiver slightly, feeling the tension.

The bartender introduces himself as 'Jay' and loudly claims that they had worried about him last night so decided to bring him home. Wen had been so worried that he had stayed beside him all night, nursing him. Wen slowly smiles at Jay in response. Rik couldn't remember much after seeing Wen with Jay. He apologised for the trouble and hoped he hadn't caused any damage.

Wen and Jay exchange looks and Jay shakes his head smiling. He confesses to Rik that he vomited a little but it was easily cleaned up. Wen had ordered a taxi and brought him back himself. When Jay had closed up the bar, he also arrived back here to find Rik asleep on the couch and Wen tucking him in.

Wen nervously smiles at Jay, signaling him to say no more but Rik catches it.

"Thank you"

Wen hesitates to respond and stumbles over his thoughts before shrugging it off casually saying that it's what friends were for.
Jay chimes in with a 'that's right' and tells Rik that he knows he's an old school friend of Wen's and how nice he thought it was to be such good friends after all these years. He continues by asking Rik what business he does, as Wen has often said they were too busy to meet up.
Rik tilts his head curiously and asks if Wen talks about him.
Wen tries to avoid Rik's eyes while Jay explains that he's often caught him looking at his social media profiles. Rik's eyes slowly trace Wen's face. Wen can't help his eyes from looking upwards to meet Rik's.

Rik can feel a deep yearning rising from the pit of his stomach. Their eyes lock and unspoken feelings are passed between them.

Jay continues to talk about how Wen has mentioned Rik's travelling, and had hoped to visit those places one day himself, but neither Rik or Wen are listening. Rik's eyes trace over Wen's features, taking in the shape of his lips and the curves of his throat. Wen follows Rik's wandering gaze and begins to feel flustered.

Jay notices the pause and asks if something is wrong.

His admiring interrupted, Rik quickly replies that he had just realized that it was the first time he had seen Wen with blonde hair in person, and thought it looked good on him.

Wen's cheeks redden as his heart beat skips. He politely tells Rik that he hopes his hangover won't be too bad and that he'll have to leave for the salon soon, as it opens at 11.30 and needs to get prepared for his clients.
He finishes his coffee and kisses Jay on the cheek, telling him that Sandy was picking him up. Rik's toes curl. Wen awkwardly tells Rik he'll see him around as he reaches for his bag and keys, and quickly leaves. Jay calls after him to call at the cafe for lunch.

Rik's heart aches as he watches Wen close the door. He looks around at the man he's left with and feigns a smile, inquiring about the cafe. Jay explains that he works in a cafe during the day and the bar at nights. It was in this cafe, is how he met Wen. Jay tells Rik that Wen would come to the cafe every day at eleven am for breakfast before opening the salon.

"An egg sandwich, a coffee and a cigarette outside,"

Rik didn't know Wen smoked. Jay proudly announces that he convinced him to quit. He says that Wen was under a lot of pressure when they first met and used to smoke more than he ate, but it was thankfully in the past. Jay also mentioned that he hoped Rik would stay in touch, as Wen has suffered from stalking in the past and needed a good friend every now and then. Rik's heart sank to his feet.

"I didn't realize he was suffering so much"

Jay waves his hand, getting to his feet, saying that it was just an old boyfriend who couldn't let go, and now Wen had a lot of people around him that cared about him, but one more good friend wouldn't hurt.
Jay sets some painkiller down on the table, telling Rik to take some if needed and that he would be willing to drive him home before going to work.

"I'm sorry about your other shoe. We searched the bar but couldn't find it"

Jay hands Rik a plastic bag, telling him he can use it to cover his other foot until he gets home. Rik shamefully accepts, feeling as though Jay was secretly making fun of him.

He asks if he can use the bathroom to wash his face. Rik replies with a "sure" and directs him down the hall. 

In the bathroom, Rik sees two toothbrushes by the sink. The memory of Jay kissing Wen resurfaces in Rik's mind and he burns with jealousy. He quickly searches the cabinet, finding more evidence of Jay's residence being permanent, with sets of two, and a variety of musky colognes that didn't suit Wen's tastes. Rik chews on his inner cheek, furious at himself. 

Unable to control himself, he sifts through the bottles of products. Remembering a time as teenagers, Wen told him he liked 'sweet and sexy' smells, Rik takes a few sheets of toilet paper and sprays it with what he believes is one of Wen's colognes. 

Placing the bottles back in the cabinet, he discovers a packet of condoms. Rik curses Jay under his breath and throws the packet across the floor. He places his foot inside the plastic bag and ties it around his ankle, muttering obscenities and swearing at Jay, vowing that he wouldn't be laughing at him for long.

When he emerges from the bathroom, Jay is fixing his hair in a mirror by the front door. He turns and smiles at Rik with a hearty 'ready to go?'

As Jay is driving Rik back to his apartment, he decides to pry for some more information about Wen. He politely asks how long they had been together as it had been so long since he and Wen had spoken, he couldn't remember if Wen had mentioned him or not. Jay responds with a happy 'two years next week' and that he is planning a special occasion for him.

Rik bites his tongue. He asks as to what that would be, but Jay simply smiles back and whispers that it's a secret. Rik can't get out of the car fast enough when they reach his apartment. He thanks Jay for the ride but before he can shut the door, Jay tells him that the bar is open from 8-2am on weekdays, 7-3am Friday and Saturday and 2- 8pm on a Sunday, and that he should drop by again. 

Rik smiles as courteously as he can muster and closes the door, waving at Jay as he drives away.

"Not for you, asshole"

Rik resists the urge to throw up his fingers at the disappearing car and hobbled inside with his bagged foot.

As soon as he enters his apartment, Emi rushes towards him, throwing her arms around him and asking him where he's been. She was really worried that he had been injured as he wasn't answering his phone. Searching his pockets, Rik realizes he doesn't have his phone with him and explains to Emi that he'd had too much to drink, and an old friend had taken him home so perhaps he had misplaced it somewhere.
Emi hugs him tightly, telling him to not to scare her like that again. She tries to make him promise to cut down on his drinking as she will be out of town for a while. Her grandmother is ill and she wants to visit. Rik pulls her back into her hug and tells her not to worry as he's just been a little stressed out at work.

Emi tells Rik that he should call his father before washing up as he rang earlier asking where he was. It was now noon and Rik is usually in his office by 7.30am.
Rik decides it's best to avoid his father today, claiming he might have picked up a cold. Emi hurries him into bed, remarking that it was no wonder he had gotten sick with a bag on his foot, and tells him she will return the call herself.

Rik spends the rest of the day nursing his hangover but it is his thoughts that pain him. The image of Jay and Wen kissing remains hot in his memory and he tosses and turns in his bed in frustration, remembering the packet of condoms he found in the bathroom. The thought of Jay touching Wen sets him on fire with a feverish obsession.

After so long, to suddenly see Wen again in front of him and to know he can't have him only made him more eager. He reached for the scented toilet paper from his trouser pocket and escaped from Emi into the bathroom, claiming he was taking a shower. 

Under the water, he begins to masturbate to thoughts of Wen. He has done it before but this time it was different. This time, it wasn't a photo. He had seen him, living and breathing inches away from him. He breathed in the cologne's scent from the toilet paper, imagining what it would be like to smell it off Wen's skin. To run his fingers through his hair and kiss the nape of his neck. He imagined what it would feel like to hear Wen moan and call his name. The thought maddened him. 

Wen is his. He had claimed him a long time ago and they had been separated against his will. Now that he's found him again, he refuses to leave him alone. 

When Rik returns to his office the following day, his father is already waiting for him. He calls him to his office immediately upon his arrival. Rik has already grown accustomed to his father's pressuring. He has always expected it. It was the plan for his life to work with his father, and eventually inherit the company. But lust and the sleeplessness it was causing him is building within him and making him short tempered.

He sits facing his father with little else in his mind than when he can see Wen again and how to get him away from Jay. His father spits at him furiously over missing a day's work while hiding behind a woman. Rik doesn't even hear him. His mind is full of Wen's laugh and the shape of his shoulders. The only words Rik hears are for him to 'grow up and get back to work'.  He gently strokes the ring on his finger as he leaves his father's office.

Wen is also feeling the impact of meeting Rik again so suddenly. He roams the salon absent mindedly, barely making any conversation with Sandy or his clients. Sandy senses that it has to do with Rik's reappearance, and in a quiet moment, asks him about it.

Wen tells Sandy that he managed to get Rik back to the apartment, where he passed out on the couch. He washed his face and wrapped him in a blanket and there he remained until the morning. He wasn't annoyed at Rik, he just felt awkward and Jay being there made it worse.

Sandy listens, thinks for a moment, and then asks with a serious tone if Wen still has feelings for Rik. Wen spluttered in response before admitting that he doesn't know, that perhaps it was shock of seeing him again so suddenly.
Sandy's face remains stern as he advises Wen to be sure.

"Jay is very devoted to you. Don't play with his feelings"

The following days pass with both Rik and Wen waltzing through a myriad of unexpressed emotions. Rik is filled with remorse and regret for not acting sooner. Jay never mentioned the date of his surprise, so Rik decides to appear at the bar every day after work, anxious over what he is planning to do. On a lunch break, he buys the cologne he used at Wen's apartment and begins to use it on himself. 

Wen is confused and sleepless, waking from heated dreams with Rik. He becomes increasingly more easy to startle each time Rik appears at the bar. When Jay notices that Rik is wearing the same cologne as Wen, Wen's skin prickles with desire at the thought of Rik wanting him to be close. Images of their skin pressed together in an embrace persistently interrupt Wen's thoughts as he becomes clumsy around the bar.

Sandy watches silently with deepening concern. Jay starts to notice the unease developing between Rik and Wen but pretends not to notice, choosing instead to merrily introduce Rik to other regulars and poking fun at his earlier drunken mishap.

The pink haired staff member's name is Ting, who explains that it is his older cousin who owns the bar but has gone on vacation with his family, leaving Jay in charge. He explains that because it's a small and old place, he was intially thinking of closing it until Ting started inviting his friends. Now it's a cozy little spot for 'people like him' to come and have fun without prejudice they might receive in other places.

"We're all family here and Wen is our Princess"

Ting gives a flirty nod to Wen who is filling a drink for a customer. Rik smiles at Wen lovingly and teases him by repeating that he is indeed a 'princess' with a flirtatious grin.
Wen shrugs it off and coldly reminds him to keep his laces tied. Rik smiles into his drink, his eyes searing into Wen's skin. Wen's throat becomes dry and he feels irritable. 

Sandy watches this interaction from his seat in the corner, with a small gathering. Still with the glass in his hand, he gets up, walks over to Jay and whispers in Jay's ear. Jay glances around the room and questions if now is the right moment. Sandy demands him to 'just do it' and turns back to face the group in the bar. Clapping his hands loudly, he calls for everyone's attention. Every head turns to look at Sandy as he steps up onto the karaoke stage and turns on the microphone.

The bar lights are switched off so only the small stage lights light up the room. Sandy begins by telling everyone that the coming Friday would be a special day for two beloved members of the bar. 

Rik starts to feel his heart thump. Here it was.

Sandy continues by telling everyone that Jay and Wen have been dating for almost two years on Friday and as Jay considers the bar regulars as part of his family, he wanted to share this moment with everyone. Sandy then calls Wen to the stage.

Wen remains glued to his place behind the bar, meeting the excited stares of the crowd. Ting laughs and pushes him forward. Wen walks onto the stage, paling under the lights and Jay emerges from the back with a large cake lit with candles. 

Someone from the crowd laughs that if this is what he does for Wen on a random Wednesday, what happens on his birthday. The crowd erupt into coos and laughter. Rik is furious at the thought, biting his tongue and fidgeting in his seat. Sandy tells the crowd that the cake can be shared with everyone in just a moment, but first, Jay has something important to say. He gives the microphone to Jay and takes an empty seat behind Rik, watching with curiosity.

Jay nervously holds Wen's hand and begins by asking him, if he remembers what the first thing he said to him was. Wen smiles and embarrassingly shakes his head.

"The first thing you ever said to me was 'How much is your heart?'

There's a small giggle from the crowd. Jay continues to explain that Wen meant to ask for a latte but when their eyes met, he asked for the price of his heart instead. He never mentioned it again as he didn't want to embarrass Wen but has often thought of it and asked himself the same question. It's been two years since he asked him and now he has the answer. The price of his heart is his life.

Rik stiffens into a jealous rage, making him sick to his stomach. He clenches his fist and begins to fidget with the ring on his finger. Sandy notices but says nothing.

Jay tenderly strokes Wen's hair, caressing his cheek and softly tells him how much he loves him and wants to spend the rest of his life with him. He says that he chose to tell him this in front of everyone because he wanted all of their friends, their small community, to know how deeply he feels for him and it is his greatest desire to spend the rest of his life spoiling him, if Wen will let him.

Wen is unable to speak. Tears fill his eyes and drip down his cheeks. If he could pretend that Rik wasn't in the room, they may have been happy tears. Now they were only filled with guilt and shame. In a single week, his heart had betrayed him. The feelings of blissfully falling in love with Jay had been violently cast aside and replaced with intensely erotic thoughts of Rik. Wen suddenly felt vulgar and deeply unworthy of Jay's attention.

Jay, believing the tears are for him, pulls Wen into an embrace, squeezing him tightly and telling him he'll never have to be afraid again, as long as they are together. Wen rests his head on Jay's shoulder. In his heart, he wants to love him but the place in his life that Jay was asking for, had long been reserved by another, who now sat behind them, repulsed at the display. And Wen knows it. He thinks to himself that Jay deserves more, and better than he could ever give him.

When the lights come back on, everyone cheers and congratulates the couple, wishing them a long and happy life. Rik turns back to his drink on the bar, unimpressed and bitter. Sandy leans in with a gleeful grin.

"They make a cute couple, don't they?"

Rik replies that he barely knows Jay and can't answer that. Sandy becomes determined, asking Rik if he remembers him. Rik replies that he does, saying his name and that he opened a salon with Wen. Sandy slaps him on the shoulder with a laugh, delightedly exclaiming that he's happy to be remembered. Rik dryly responds that he reads Wen's social media. Sandy continues to force his smile. His voice becomes serious as he tells Rik that Wen has had it hard, and for a while, he often felt remorse in being the one that started to take him to clubs.

"He became such a wild thing; caused all sorts of trouble. But that all stopped when he met Jay,"

Sandy's smile hardens and his eyes becomes piercing. He calmly warns Rik to leave the past where it is. Wen had finally found some stability with Jay, and everyone in this bar adores Jay. No one will take kindly to an outsider hurting him. Sandy gives a threatening pat on Rik's back with a smile and walks back to his group. 

Rik asks Ting for another drink. He looks over at Jay and Wen still on the stage. Jay's arm is tightly wrapped around Wen as they talk to a group, who are excitedly asking for a wedding date. Wen places his hand on Jay's stomach and pats it gently as he answers with a shy smile, leaning into Jay's chest. 

His desire begins to boil and he can no longer stop himself. When he gets home, he uses Emi's body in a fit of uncontrolled frustration and lust, but it is Wen who is in his mind. 

The next morning, Emi leaves to visit her grandmother, unsure of when she will return but promises to be in touch often, reminding him to buy a new phone and let her know. She is rosy cheeked and smiling, her eyes brimming with love, believing that Rik's actions were because of her. Rik feels a twinge of regret at his relief at watching her leave.

A few weeks pass by in a routinely manner. Rik coming to the bar after work and Wen nervously trying to avoid him. The tension between them becomes thick and heavy, encouraging Rik to begin to gently touch Wen in brief moments they were close enough. He begins to tease and wink at him when he thinks no one is watching, bringing up situations from their school days. Most are delighted to hear of Wen's more naive days. Sandy however, already sees the game Rik is playing and begins to bite back with his own memories of them, and how they could barely speak to each other.

Wen suffers from the tension, beginning to make mistakes and drop glasses. Ever since his confession, Wen had been distant with Jay, feeling startled at his touch and distracted from his intimacy, even refusing at times, complaining of feeling ill.

Fearing that he confessed too soon and too openly, Jay confides in Sandy of Wen's behaviour. Sandy assures Jay that it's not him causing the problem but that it's Rik's sudden appearance that has had a deep impact on Wen, even affecting his work in the salon. Sandy withholds Wen's past feelings for Rik from Jay but does explain that they had a strong bond at school and Rik's mother didn't approve. He hints that perhaps Wen's worried that Rik being at the bar might bring a negative outcome if word reaches his parents. 

Knowing that Rik was now someone to watch, Jay feels a growing unease as he notices Wen become flustered and confused every time Rik visits the bar.
One evening, he watches with concern as Wen walks into a customer with a tray of drinks and drops it all on the floor, apologizing profusely and trying to clean up. Pulling him aside, Jay confesses to Wen that he has noticed that Wen is no longer comfortable around Rik, and was wondering if there was anything he could do to help ease his anxiety.

Wen breathes deeply, and softly admits that it has been so long, he doesn't know how to act around Rik. He also admits that Rik doesn't know about the affair he had some years ago, calling it the 'Huang problem' and that he feels embarrassed thinking of how Rik might react as Huang and Rik's parents are friends.

Jay rubs Wen's shoulders to comfort him and offers a solution. The owner of the bar, Sam, will be back next week and has given Jay a few days off as a thank you for running everything while he was away. He suggests inviting Rik on a day out with them both to help 'break the mood' so that he can feel comfortable with Rik again, without worrying about the past.

"It'll be a clean start for both of you, and I'll be there with you",

Wen hesitates at first but Jay insists. Wen gives in with a sigh and makes Jay promise that he'll stay with him. Holding Wen's hand, they walk over to Rik and Jay casually invites Rik out the next time he's free.
Rik's eyes are immediately drawn to their hands as he turns to them. Bluffing a delighted smile, he replies that he's free on Sunday. Jay replies with a 'great' and invites him to an art exhibition he and Wen were looking to go to. Rik scornfully laughs that he didn't realize that Jay liked art. Wen frowns at Rik coldly. Jay ignores his tone and continues that it is Wen who enjoys museums and that they have been looking to visit this one. Upon hearing this, Rik's eyes light up as they glance at Wen and he happily accepts.
Sandy overhears the conversation from his seat and rolls his eyes in disapproval.

They agree to meet each other in front of the gallery at 1pm. When the hour arrives, Wen squeezes Jay's hand tightly as he sees Rik approach. Jay assures Wen that he won't leave him and to just relax.

"We don't have to mention the past. Just be yourself,"

But Wen can't. They wander through the art galleries, feigning curiosity and interest with Jay trying to keep the mood in good spirits. His loud voices echoes in the empty halls. Wen clings close to Jay as Rik follows behind them, his eyes never leaving Wen's frame.

Rik devours him in his mind, gazing at him up and down, taking in the width of his shoulders, his hips and the length of his legs. His throat starts to feel dry at the thought of having him. His eyes linger over his buttocks.
Wen can feel Rik's eyes like hot fingers all over him and holds tightly to Jay's waist, feeling dizzy and flushed.

After an hour, Jay's resolve to remain light hearted begins to dissipate. Wen can only utter single word responses as he continuously looks over his shoulder to find Rik, and Rik is evidently uninterested in the exhibition, following the pair from behind, his eyes never leaving Wen.
Regretting his decision, Jay attempts to invite Rik for lunch, hoping a seated environment will work better.

They walk to a nearby cafe. This time Rik follows on the other side of Wen, occasionally brushing his hand against Wen's fingertips. Wen shudders and quickly places his hand in his pocket.

As they sit down at their table, Jay's phone begins to ring. He excuses himself and stands nearby to answer the call. Rik seats himself in front of Wen, his eyes intense and focused. Wen meets his stare with an equally intense look and the heat between them begins to rise. Rik's mouth waters and Wen's heart begins to race. Rik presses the tip of his shoe over Wen's, pressing down on his feet slightly.

Wen can hear Jay's voice become stressed as he explains that he is busy and to call a taxi. His eyes trace Rik's figure, slowly traveling down his throat and arms. A deep need to be between his arms begins to take over.

Rik's hands wrap gently around his coffee cup, his thumb gently stroking the handle. Wen notices the promise ring still on the ring finger of his right hand, and his head begins to throb.

Jay returns to their table with a desperate expression. Squeezing Wen's shoulder, he explains that his sister's car has broken down and she's stranded with her kids at the side of a road, and needs to go and help her as she's refusing to leave her car.

To Jay's surprise, Wen calmly replies that there's nothing that can be done, and he will ask the staff to pack up his order for him to eat later. Rik hides a smug grin behind his coffee cup as he takes a sip.

Jay tells Wen to take a taxi home afterwards, handing him a few bank notes. Rik responds that he drove his own car and will happily give Wen a lift. Jay is reluctant to leave Wen but it is Wen who assures him that it's fine and that he should to help his sister. His nieces are still small and will be scared. 

Jay looks back several times as he leaves the cafe, uneasy at leaving Wen behind.

Alone, the pair stare at each other in silence, the desire simmering under the surface. The waitress brings the food but neither of them want to eat.
Wen finally speaks by asking why Rik is still wearing the ring. Rik responds by asking why Wen is no longer wearing his. Another silence follows.

"It's been years, Rik. What do you want from me?"

Wen's eyes fill with sadness and desperation. Rik responds with only one word. In a hoarse and pained tone, he whispers 'you' and slowly caresses Wen's hand. Wen tries to explain that he can't give him what he wants, as too much time has passed. They have changed too much and other people's feelings are now involved. It was time to leave the past where it belonged.

Rik responds harshly by asking Wen if he thinks he loved any of the women he was with. They were all chosen by his mother and he had no choice but to play along. But despite that, Wen has never left his mind. He meant what he said when he gave Wen the ring on their graduation day. That he would always be by his side.

Wen's eyes begin to water and redden as he holds back tears. A large drop runs down his cheek as he tells Rik to forget about him. Rik replies that can't and he won't. He pulls out a tissue and dabs Wen's eyes. Wen leans gently into his touch. Their fingers interlace and caress the other's softly.

Wen reminds Rik of the night at the bar, when Jay confessed his feelings. He says that he remembers asking Jay for the price of his heart but it was a mistake. At the time, he was remembering Rik on the day of the archery contest, after he gave him the small heart shaped key chain. When Jay asked him for his order his words got mixed up and instead of asking for the price of a coffee, he asked for the price of a heart instead. 

Rik smiles and squeezes his hand at hearing this. He tells Wen that he still has that keychain and that it's a secret treasure of his. 

Wen continues that after his mother passed away, he didn't want to disturb Rik from his studies and thought it was best if they lived their own separate lives, reminding Rik that his mother was less than pleased when they met. But despite how much as he has come to care for Jay, he confesses that he still has never forgotten about Rik. The ring was a reminder of all that he had lost. 

Rik squeezes Wen's fingers again and tells him that he is irreplaceable in his life. His mother can send every woman in the world to his door, but he will still always look for Wen. He is the only one he wants and that has never changed. He fears that perhaps telling Wen this now is too late.

Wen squeezes Rik's fingers in response and caresses his face with the other hand. Rik gently strokes Wen's thumb with his, bringing Wen's other hand to his lips, kissing it softly. 

"I missed you"

Rik's voice is low and hoarse as Wen gazes at him with a pained expression. Rik continues to stroke Wen's thumb, cradling his other hand against his cheek, until both are breathing deeply in tune to the other.
Wen feels the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. Rik tells him that he will go where ever Wen wants to go. Wen winces and breathes deeply. They feel themselves crash and blaze through the forbidden boundaries of their relationship.

Wen asks quietly if Rik wants to go back to his apartment now. Rik swallows hard and rises to his feet without answering. They quickly ask for their food to be packed and walk back towards Rik's car, still holding hands, and without speaking a word.

These are getting longer despite trying my best to keep it down LOL But we have reached the part that was fully fleshed out to me in my dream, so I'm writing what I saw. There is Part 4.5 coming in a minute once I comb through the details. 

Once again apologies for grammar or spelling mistakes. This is just for fun for the few that were interested in the full version. Thanks for entertaining my whims LOL 

And apologies to those who don't care <3 

p43425:

But wasn't Samhain (i.e. Halloween as we know it, rather than the Eve of All Saints which assimilated Samhain in the usual Roman way) originally a Celtic Druid thing? You should be out there interacting with the otherworldly spirits!

The modern Halloween is not Samhain. I celebrate Samhain, not Halloween.

Wrenix:
Part Four ~ Desire

That was a wonderful read.

RXinw:

That was a wonderful read.

oh wow, hello, I didnt know you were reading it LOL That was fast. You'll like the next bit I think. You dared me to do it and now I have to lol

Wrenix:

oh wow, hello, I didnt know you were reading it LOL That was fast. You'll like the next bit I think. You dared me to do it and now I have to lol

I read every post in here. I watching reading you all MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG I look forward to you fulfilling the dare

P.S You mentioned that you are a Taurus so am I *fist bump*