RXinw:
Just tell me if the ending is happy or not so I can prepare myself; starting it now.

Ktrauma right up until the end, then in true Korean fashion, they gave us a light at the end of the dark tunnel. If I'm not mistaken, rather than a spin off, it appears to be the prequel...if I'm remembering their roles in ULS correctly. I'm heading directly over to ULS right now while this one is fresh.

Wrenix:
If these were real actors presented for a BL show, what would your impression be, and which one is your favourite and why.

There's no reason for this other than i'm genuinely curious what you guys like? LOL

Oh man, it's hard to choose between B and D,  but Imma go with B. I think it's an interesting contrast. 

MeNotYou:
I'm heading directly over to ULS right now while this one is fresh.

I've not yet watched either ("Unintentional Love Story" or the "Time of Fever" prequel). It is better to watch then in the production order (ULS > TOF) or chronological (TOF > ULS)? (Needless to say, you can wait to answer this until after you've finished both!)

American Fan:
ETA: How is TOF a prequel?

The synopsis seems to indicate that and at least one reviewer calls it a prequel.

angeliviki2022:

The synopsis seems to indicate that and at least one reviewer calls it a prequel.

I guess I'll find out when I watch it :-)

ETA: I read through the reviews and comments for TOF and I've changed my mind. I will not watch it after all. 

p43425:

I've not yet watched either ("Unintentional Love Story" or the "Time of Fever" prequel). It is better to watch then in the production order (UTS > TOF) or chronological (TOF > UTS)? (Needless to say, you can wait to answer this until after you've finished both!)

It's definitely a prequel so I'd watch it first. I know you'll love it because you liked BlueBoys. I just watched the first epi of ULS to make sure I was remembering it correctly, and I was, so watch TOF first.

angeliviki2022:

Definitely a prequel.

American Fan:

I guess I'll find out when I watch it :-)

ETA: I read through the reviews and comments for TOF and I've changed my mind. I will not watch it after all. 

Definitely a prequel and a damn good show, but it's definitely on the heavier side, ngl. Still, I'd say it's worth it. Tbh, it's made their dynamic in ULS even better for me. Watching ULS right after has lifted me right back up so I'd watch it and then ULS directly right after. I'd forgotten how cute the cast of ULS is too so ya girl is a happy camper once again...lol

Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard? 

Finished the season! Haven't watched the special episodes yet but i thoroughly enjoyed this rom-com BL. The ML upset me at every turn and I wanted to punch him but he finally got it together in the last episode. I was surprised to get a side couple in a JBL and I thought they were weird but still cute. I'll have to watch the Thai version to see which one I like better. 

p43425:
Final episode of "Sunspot": I'm still thinking about this. I loved the series in general, not only because of the interesting protagonists with their unique characters (plus Kohei is such a cutie!) but also because I can personally relate to the hearing issue - not that mine is anywhere near as bad as Kohei, but I know this feeling of nodding and pretending to understand people when I often don't, especially with background noise. However, what do I think of this as a BL, especially yesterday's final episode? Hmmm, not sure. Opinions?

I just got a chance to sit down and finish this one so let's get to it-- I personally loved it. There might not have been kisses and the lot, but there was longing and pining, and if done right, it can be just as good. Episode 8 was my favorite. 9/10.

angeliviki2022:
RE: I Hear the Sunspot  When Taichi ran away from Kohei at the festival, then was asking himself why he was only realizing his feelings now when all Kohei wanted from him was friendship. I had a visceral reaction to that scene. I thought it was really well done. I think the only thing I would change is for Taichi to initiate a kiss. All their kisses were initiated by Kohei. Even a cheek kiss would be fine with me because that hug felt more like friends rather than boyfriends to me.

To be fair, this show is very very faithful to the manga, and the confession scene at the end, doesn't have a kiss in the manga. There is a kiss scene in the extra chapter of Vol.2 (This show covers Vol.1 & 2), which would make a really good special episode-- so I'm not going to spoil it in case they decide to release it--

Wrenix:

I'm interested to know how you imagine him?

Um….i don’t actually know lol 

axdxex:

I wonder this too! Some companies and directors are much better at creating popular pairings than others tbh and idk how they do it--

I think part of it must be the aesthetic and the other part the chemistry? (But then it begs the question of what aesthetic lol I feel like we all have our own preference haha)

There's actually a lot of stories on how a lot of the Thai BL ships were chosen. IE. PoohPavel, there's a viral video of the first time they met. and the casting process of JoongDunk is Star In My Mind

Omg that clip of JoongDunk just gave me life *heart eyes* they were just what I needed to get through another excruciating day of school 

The Time of Fever - Definitely a prequel; no doubt about it.

Production - 2/2

Writing - 2/2

Acting - 2/2

Intimacy - 2/2

Music - 1/1

Special 10 scene - 1/1

Total rating score - 10/10

This movie gave me feelings similar to the ones I got from Your Name Engraved Herein and I Told Sunset About You. The chemistry was strong. The acting behind the portrayal of this story was so good that every emotion was palpable. They portrayed this coming of age story between high schoolers so well that the tension, desperate need of each others embrace, and love felt real and relatable; definitely not fairy-tale but stone cold reality. They managed to capture every nuance of young, timid, fragile, and oppressed gay love between two teenagers within a conservative society. 

Make no mistake this movie did what only a few recent K-BLs have done; it broke barriers and tested limits in how conservative K-BL romances can be when it comes to kisses. You felt their kisses to the pit of your stomach with how hungry the kisses were but also how apprehensive they were. 

The acting was excellent. The actors seemed to have had a solid understanding of the characters they were playing and thus brought those characters' feelings out on screen in such a raw manner. 

For me there were at least 3 special 10 scenes but the one that hooked me the most was them saying goodbye when Dong Hee was leaving for university. That hug, what Dong Hee said and the tears were a wicked combination to cause the audience to experience the emotions with the characters. 

Now, the ending was just perfect for the story to pick up in Unintentional Love Story. I want a third and final instalment of their story to see how they progress beyond the open ending we were left with in Unintentional Love Story. A special episode would be lovely. 

I always feel good giving out 10s and this time is no different. There are so many songs I want to quote to close this review but at this moment I cannot find any of them adequate enough to capture the emotions that were poured out on screen just now so just know that this movie has made its way on the best K-BLs of 2024 list; easily!

omg omg I see discourse about The on1y one!! How are yall liking it so far? There will be a season 2 right? I cant see all this wrapping up in a few episodes....since...well....we haven't really explored The romance themes fully yet lol. 

RXinw:
I always feel good giving out 10s and this time is no different. There are so many songs I want to quote to close this review but at this moment I cannot find any of them adequate enough to capture the emotions that were poured out on screen just now so just know that this movie has made its way on the best K-BLs of 2024 list; easily!

*GRIN* was I right or was I right?

Plutoluv:

omg omg I see discourse about The on1y one!! How are yall liking it so far? There will be a season 2 right? I cant see all this wrapping up in a few episodes....since...well....we haven't really explored The romance themes fully yet lol. 

It's one of my faves running rn hands down.

MeNotYou:

*GRIN* was I right or was I right?

Well naturally you are right with you being my twin. 

Being wrong - I am not familiar with that sensation so neither can you lol

Plutoluv:

I love it. My favourite BL currently airing that I am watching.