DramaNomNom:

This just made me so happy! I enjoyed both seasons and I can't wait to see how season 3 will turn out. 

Same I am excited. :)

BabyFeatForever:
Lmao me waking up from a 4 hour nap and forgetting I picked up a shift tonight.  XD  

Oh no.....wait! If you are getting extra pay shake off the sleep and go get your money honey 

RXinw:

Oh no.....wait! If you are getting extra pay shake off the sleep and go get your money honey 

Lmao true XD 

p43425:
My feelings exactly. It was very well done, and there's a lot that's good about it (including bonus points for the cute kid), but the BL relationship and most of all the ending left me unsatisfied.

It got major points from me because it made me cry and I rarely do that. The door scene really got to me.

BabyFeatForever:

Same I am excited. :)

I'm so glad you guys keep me up on the latest bl news. <3

Why are so many SK BLs 10-20 minutes long? Is it like a budget thing? I just watched My Damn Business and the episode wasn't even a full 11 minutes. Interesting first episode though. XD

DramaNomNom:
Why are so many SK BLs 10-20 minutes long? Is it like a budget thing? I just watched My Damn Business and the episode wasn't even a full 11 minutes. Interesting first episode though. XD

I actually do not know now that I think about it lol. They just have always been the traditional 30 minutes or less. Does anybody know?

RXinw:

I actually do not know now that I think about it lol. They just have always been the traditional 30 minutes or less. Does anybody know?

My best guess...Older K-BLs are shorter, many 15 mins or less, maybe cuz of less popularity and budget. BL themes weren't exactly mainstream, maybe less so in SK.

But starting in 2023, I see more K-BL's 30-35 mins long per ep.,  maybe cuz it's gotten more popular/mainstream in SK?

It also seems like a few years back a lot  BLs of any country only had about 6-8 eps per drama, but nowadays it's often 12-16, except for J-BL's.

American Fan:
My best guess...Older K-BLs are shorter, many 15 mins or less, maybe cuz of less popularity and budget. BL themes weren't exactly mainstream, maybe less so in SK.

But starting in 2023, I see more K-BL's 30-35 mins long per ep.,  maybe cuz it's gotten more popular/mainstream in SK?

It also seems like a few years back a lot  BLs of any country only had about 6-8 eps per drama, but nowadays it's often 12-16, except for J-BL's.

I look more at total runtime. While I love Thai BLs, they're a big time investment, and there's a lot to be said for concise, tightly constructed KBLs and JBLs with a two- or maximum three-hour runtime. Example: "Live in Love" (not good, not sure why I'm watching it) is only five episodes, but with episode lengths of up to 90 minutes, it's still the usual eight-hour Thai marathon.

And then there's the recent trend (I think originally in Korea, now also in Japan) of "micro dramas", i.e. episodes of just a minute or two. Grrrr! I guess they're designed for busy, on-the-go people to watch for entertainment while they're waiting for the crosswalk light to change. That being said, some of them are pretty darn cute.

RXinw:

American Fan:

LOL I need answers XD 

Sky Valley - episode 12

One more episode to go unfortunately.

American Fan:
My best guess

p43425:
I look more at total runtime

I see both your points and I think you are both right. All points factor into the reason for the shorter episodes, however I wonder if their budget and means of production were as bountiful and generous as Thailand if they would have longer episodes. I actually would be excited to see SK BLs that long because if their current short episode series can be so good imagine longer run- times allowing for more to be packed into the scripts. Since 2024 I have given three (3) SK BLs a 10 sooo......

RXinw:
I wonder if their budget and means of production were as bountiful and generous as Thailand if they would have longer episodes.

I think it might have less to do with budget than with differing market demands and market approaches, as well as different production systems. The domestic markets in S. Korea and Japan are probably much more time-conscious (rush, rush, everyone always in a hurry!), thus also the rise of "micro dramas" in these countries. The Thais have also approached the market differently, usually with an integrated approach to product placements, product endorsements and fan service to make a lot of money - which means selling handsome actors and ships more than tightly constructed stories. Separately, the Thai studio-centric system (for good or for bad - or usually some of both) means that Thailand is able to efficiently crank out a lot more content for the same budget, not to mention that Thailand is a considerably cheaper country.

p43425:

I think it might have less to do with budget than with differing market demands and market approaches, as well as different production systems. The domestic markets in S. Korea and Japan are probably much more time-conscious (rush, rush, everyone always in a hurry!), thus also the rise of "micro dramas" in these countries. The Thais have also approached the market differently, usually with an integrated approach to product placements, product endorsements and fan service to make a lot of money - which means selling handsome actors and ships more than tightly constructed stories. Separately, the Thai studio-centric system (for good or for bad - or usually some of both) means that Thailand is able to efficiently crank out a lot more content for the same budget, not to mention that Thailand is a considerably cheaper country.

Oh, I see, that makes sense

Both are short films

Re: He Says to Me...?

It was very sweet to me. Damn it was just short, extremely low budget and sweet lol.

Re: Military Dog

Add this to the list of lewdest content I have watched lol. Basically this is a BDSM short film that focuses on human degradation and humiliation having the protagonist become a human dog. The intention is for it to be kinky and very arousing for those who find such situations a turn on. 

Honestly, I do not know what to think. It was interesting, I will give it that.

American Fan:
Last Meal Universe - Ah, wth kind of story is this...and do I wanna watch it.

The opening lines of the synopsis remind me of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".