amethyst_aquarius:
how much depth a FWB

Yeah it sure has a deep storyline with ghosts from the past and trauma but I feel like the transition is a bit off.

Aaku_14:

Yeah it sure has a deep storyline with ghosts from the past and trauma but I feel like the transition is a bit off.

I agree. The way they reveal that info was not seamless or natural to me. I'm curious how they handle it further on though.

I would like to join as well.

Hi! I would love to join!

Claudia:

awangxian:

Just by posting in this thread, you're a member.  

There are also lively Discord groups if you're interested, the MDL BL Drama Lovers server is here:  https://discord.gg/nUdnPFRN  there is also the BL Wonderland Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/K4FDFgne Both servers offer watch parties and lively conversation about individual BL dramas and films. 

Fàilte!

Does anyone know where to watch hoon payoon with Phuwin in it?

Does anyone know where to watch hoon payoon with Phuwin in it?

Wait nvm it hasnt released yet

amethyst_aquarius:

Is anyone watching Bedfriends? I have to say that I'm surprised at how much depth a FWB centered series has (unlike another one that had negative character growth) and NetJames are obviously great with their acting. I just hope they don't fuck up the relationship growth half-way but till now I think it's good.

I am watching Bedfriends. I am enjoying it so far. I agree, I hope the relationship does get messed up and Yim's character is making me more excited for Middleman's Love.  

amethyst_aquarius:

Is anyone watching Bedfriends? I have to say that I'm surprised at how much depth a FWB centered series has (unlike another one that had negative character growth) and NetJames are obviously great with their acting. I just hope they don't fuck up the relationship growth half-way but till now I think it's good.

I' currently watching it and tbh I'm pleasantly surprised by how good it is up til now!! Considering how traumatised i got by fahlanruk, this series is so much better in every sense i.e. plot, chemistry and talent of the actors,... can't wait how it all evolves also with uea's family and ex (they all deserve to rot in hell btw)

Im watching Bed Friend.

It’s leagues better in plot and character writing than previous Mandee series, while still having that characteristic cinematography and chemistry. I really like all the major characters as well (except sometimes Jade, who reminds of the annoying 3rd wheel in jdramas). 

But for an 8 episode series, there are way too many items of plot tension/conflict (5 just in the first 3 episodes), and 3 of which are really heavy and potentially triggery ones. I’m very worried that several are gonna be resolved in a dissatisfactory and/or hasty manner. I can potentially see one of them carrying over into Middleman Love, mind you, but the rest are so Uea-centric that they need to be resolved in this part.

My brain was thinking  Bed Friend was a full 12 episode drama and I was ready for the storyline to unfold Uea's back story and the development of each character. I hope the story doesn't go too fast paced.

Claudia:

Warm welcome!  Nice to have another new face join in :)

awangxian:

Hey there, great to have you join up!  

AthenaTheStorierX:

Im watching Bed Friend.

It’s leagues better in plot and character writing than previous Mandee series, while still having that characteristic cinematography and chemistry. I really like all the major characters as well (except sometimes Jade, who reminds of the annoying 3rd wheel in jdramas). 

But for an 8 episode series, there are way too many items of plot tension/conflict (5 just in the first 3 episodes), and 3 of which are really heavy and potentially triggery ones. I’m very worried that several are gonna be resolved in a dissatisfactory and/or hasty manner. I can potentially see one of them carrying over into Middleman Love, mind you, but the rest are so Uea-centric that they need to be resolved in this part.

oh I have no faith in them dealing with the issues in any proper way. I mean emotionally abusive mother, pedo uncle and abusive stalker ex that also has powerful father? And we only have 5 episodes to deal with it all ? And that's just around the leads, add all the work related stuff. Brave of them to think they can handle it. 

But then I'll take any BL about adults, that's enough of a marketing they need to do to make me watch it...

Also, would like to join the club :)