Sunset x Vibes - episode 8

An episode has never felt so long!

The urge to drop this series is so strong right now. The series is just doing too much! The paranormal just feels disjointed to me. Now we have this whole fiancee conflict that is just unnecessary, and we are yet to make any headway with the side couples with only 4 episodes left; absolutely sure their stories will be rushed. I am just annoyed and frustrated and to add insult to injury every time Salin calls Sun "Khun Dad", I cringe, like stf. By the last 10 minutes of the episode I was at my wits' end and just started to fast forward and by the looks of the preview more time will be wasted on the unnecessary fiancee conflict when we have no progress with the side couples and a whole other series (the paranormal plot) to explore. Well those are 40 + minutes of my life I am never getting back.

Sky Valley - episode 3

WTF am I even watching. I feel like I am being targeted today. 

American Fan:
A chicken smoothie? For real?

That grossed me out too.

American Fan:
PS - I wish I wasn't watching this alone, waaaaah!!!

Sorrows, sorrows, prayers.

American Fan:
ETA:  Your first quote is very powerful. I looked up the author/book and it sounds like something I would like to have on my bookshelf. My brand spanking new bookshelf from Amazon that I just put together today! 

YES! I love Noor's writing. I am really a huge fan of poetry. Robert Drake and R.H. Sin are also really good.

Just finished Never Let Me Go. Such a strong start and then just... meh. They did the trope that I just can't stand not once but twice and it made me totally not engage at the end.

RXinw:

That grossed me out too.

Sorrows, sorrows, prayers.

I got past the icky parts and now I can't stop watching. It's going to be a long night. I so get where Shun's coming from. 

segos:
Just finished Never Let Me Go. Such a strong start and then just... meh. They did the trope that I just can't stand not once but twice and it made me totally not engage at the end.

Can you remind me what the trope was that you didn't like?  I might do a rewatch since it's been a while and it would be interesting to see Pond/Phuwin after the We Are series. I gave it an 8/10 the first time.

American Fan:
Can you remind me what the trope was that you didn't like?  

It happens a lot in books and in dramas, where they make decisions for their partner. It happened first when Nueng drugged Palm and left him with the letter, and then in the last episode it happened again but opposite. The whole dynamic of "I know what is best for you and I'm going to make that decision for you to save you" drives me wild.  I guess you could say it's a "miscommunication" but it's actually just a lack of any of it. The "I'm saving you by leaving you" thing... AHH.  Yeah. It got under my skin.

So now I am joining the club and watching The Boyfriend because I needed something to lower my grumpy mode over that nonsense.

The Boyfriend - Even though I know the outcome about a certain couple...
SHUN DIDN'T WRITE DAI?! My magical love connection was smashed in that moment. Wilddddd. I think Shun has some pretty high level of anxiety and insecurity, so I'm hoping we get to see him grow and be more confident in himself.

Day 4. What are your favorite drama tags? Least favorite? Share why if you like.

I like the following tags: lesbian romance, gay romance, lesbian female lead, gay male lead
Don't like: anything that is potentially triggering, horror

There are a few other things I like, such as thriller and comedy, but these aren't tags, they're genres.

I guess I'm not picking when it comes to tags as long as they're not about abuse or worse.

Main character death, I kind of dislike that (unless it's The Untamed haha).

When I decide which series to watch/add to ptw list, I only look at tags but right now I can't figure out what I like most. I don't usually go for straight romances and also I really like "strong female lead" to be one of the tags.

Dislike bullying, abuse between main characters or otherwise, etc. It depends because then again, I like series like Alice in Borderland, but that's about survival and stuff. I don't know, I guess it depends on the tags, I don't think I read the tags when I went into AiB lol.

Sorry, I don't have a straightforward answer to this question, but tags are important to me. It's all I read from a drama's page. I might also look at the actors (but usually I don't recognize them). Also, the cover photo plays a relatively important role in choosing a drama to watch.

Anyway, I watch mostly BLs and GLs, with the occasional thriller, so there's not much variety. /shrugs

I have a question: this month's challenge only has 15 days right? It's not until the end of the month? It's my first time participating in a challenge so I was curious why there weren't 31 days.

segos:
It happens a lot in books and in dramas, where they make decisions for their partner.

Oh that one! Yeah, not a favorite of mine for sure. It annoys me actually, but if I really like a drama I try to ignore it, lol.

segos:
The Boyfriend -

Yay, a fellow watcher! What EP r u on? I got halfway through EP 8 and fell asleep. I'm awake enough to watch some more even though it's not morning yet for me.

Emrys:
I have a question: this month's challenge only has 15 days right? It's not until the end of the month? It's my first time participating in a challenge so I was curious why there weren't 31 days.

There are 31 days! Part 2 will post just before the 15th day. :-)

American Fan:
I'm back after watching like a few seconds of the 2nd EP of The Boyfriend. 

American Fan:
PS - I wish I wasn't watching this alone, waaaaah!!!

You're not alone, be strong! :-)

I'm sending you a virtual hug! There are so many feelings, but you won't regret it! 

I finished watching The Boxfriend on Thursday and ohhh what can I say.... I loooove this show, I looove this couple (you know which I mean). It was a really wonderful, sweet, real love story! 

The show gave me so much, it gave me everything I didn't know I needed, it will always be in my heart. :-* 

RXinw:
This is about to be a whole life story:

That was beautiful

I can't believe how much bullying u faced as a child, that must have been hard on u 

axdxex:
The meaning of this quote is that nothing is permanent. Not happiness. Not suffering. It reminds you to appreciate what you do have and to live in the moment, but also to look forward to a time when the things that aggrieve you, will no longer torment you. 

I love that <3 

American Fan:
Thanks!

Never thought I'd be posting my "poems" on the internet, but here we are. 

Lol do u have any more?

American Fan:
Two great choices!! I can imagine Dolly saying that, hehe.

Glad u liked it :)

RXinw:
My smutty girl *wink emoji* lol I love having a partner in crime.

Your one and only ;)

RXinw:
I like to keep them guessing lol. Truth be told I was just typing out my random thoughts in the moment.

Lol ur thoughts r quite....interesting XD

RXinw:
Some wonderful news for us fans of The Boyfriend

https://t.co/yCOyJhbTx9

YAYYYYYYY

I've heard so much about this show and feel left out now lol

I should watch it soon XD

segos:

No no. I did a live reaction thing. So I don't go back and edit, you just get a free flow of my thoughts. It's chaotic.

Oh right lol 

ShirleyCrow:

Why does each episode of 4 minutes leave you with more questions than answers. I can't wait for the next one.

Ikr!! I'm so excited for the next ep XD

ShirleyCrow:

I often rewatch shows for comfort, even if they raise my heart rate and make me cry again.

Same here

Sometimes, I cry when rewatching a series just because of the nostalgia

Day 4 of August Challenge: What are your favourite drama tags? Least favourite? Share why if you like.

I love enemies-to-lovers stories, no need for an explanation lol I know u guys know

Other tags I like: mafia, horror, gore, action, lgtbq

I don't like bad endings cuz...obviously.

I also don't like abuse, rape and bullying

Pretty simple answer, I'm not sure what else to write

Dark Blue Kiss ep 2

Ok ngl Pete's lack of understanding is annoying lol

Kao is so damn patient, I would've screamed at Pete atp 

I feel like Pete is a red flag character- is he?

I'm still mesmerised by the intro music, like, it's so good XD

Overall, I'm very much enjoying this show, although I'm scared for Kao lol

Magnoliee:
You're not alone, be strong! :-)

I'm sending you a virtual hug! There are so many feelings, but you won't regret it! 

So sweet of you <3

I finished the show this morning. It has the same vibes as 1 or 2 other BL dating shows that I really liked. It really fills my heart and leaves such a warm impression.

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Lol do u have any more?

I have a couple more, but I don't really enjoy writing for the sake of writing, if that makes sense. I hated being told to write a story for a class assignment. For other's it's like being told to paint a picture, but that person draws a blank and doesn't know where to start.