rikiilyf:

hii !!

TheGayestGay:

Hellooo! Excited to stalk this forum and slowly meet you all! I’ve kinda watched everything but it looks like this year will bring a lot more GL?! Can’t wait! 

WELCOME!! 2024 is definitely the year of GL, we are going to be fed!!

New GL, it's another Chao Planoy, it's a teacher x high school student story and they're looking for actresses between the ages of 15 and 25... another big no for me.

https://twitter.com/workpointseries/status/1752286813191053674?t=Jh8586faEFmCbjVfq33vpw&s=19

PLEASE let's move on from this author, I'm begging

mermysteries:

New GL, it's another Chao Planoy, it's a teacher x high school student story and they're looking for actresses between the ages of 15 and 25... another big no for me.

https://twitter.com/workpointseries/status/1752286813191053674?t=Jh8586faEFmCbjVfq33vpw&s=19

Omg I saw that!!! Age 15-25 is INSANE WTF

mermysteries:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm not familiar with Chao Planoy's work. But I've read some comments saying that her works are not that great, but since she's one of the few GL writers, it seems like easy material to be adapted. I think productions keep adapting her work because of GAP's success and popularity, and they expect that other adaptations will achieve the same level of success. If that's the case, they clearly misjudged the GL audience.

leea:
Omg I saw that!!! Age 15-25 is INSANE WTF

im honestly shocked they would even consider pairing a 15 year old and a 20 something year old.... like what the actual fuck

MizMystixism:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm not familiar with Chao Planoy's work. But I've read some comments saying that her works are not that great, but since she's one of the few GL writers, it seems like easy material to be adapted. I think productions keep adapting her work because of GAP's success and popularity, and they expect that other adaptations will achieve the same level of success. If that's the case, they clearly misjudged the GL audience.

i haven't read her novels either. but between Blank, Rhythm (the newly announced adaptation) and the controversy of the Gap sequel... she's messy, to say the least. and the thing is, i believe there are several GL writers out there waiting for a chance to see their work on screen. Chao Planoy just became the easy option, like you said, since she has so many novels. and i 100000% agree that they misjudged Gap's success. it was never about the author's story, but the great acting and chemistry. i'm just tired and seriously hope that all these adaptations don't move forward (with the exception of Dream and Pluto, since they're already in the works)

mermysteries:

I hope things change after 23.5's success ..I'm just left without words. So that's what i can say

Ive been seeing comments comparing her and her work to Mame. Which might also be a contributing factor: studios see that Mame’s works are still very popular despite her triggering and problematic plots. (Although Mame has generally better character writing than Chao Planoy, and has the added temptation of having a shared storyworld between all her novels). And they also share a similarity of getting their drama adaptations started in the early days of their respective industries (Mame for BL, Chao Planoy for GL). 

Summer:

I hope things change after 23.5's success ..I'm just left without words. So that's what i can say

fingers crossed! 

AthenaTheStorierX:

Ive been seeing comments comparing her and her work to Mame. Which might also be a contributing factor: studios see that Mame’s works are still very popular despite her triggering and problematic plots. (Although Mame has generally better character writing than Chao Planoy, and has the added temptation of having a shared storyworld between all her novels). And they also share a similarity of getting their drama adaptations started in the early days of their respective industries (Mame for BL, Chao Planoy for GL). 

it's really sad that the industry sees these problematic (and some even criminal) plots as appealing to the audience... hopefully these stories don't become as popular with the GL fans. we're still in the beginning, we still have time to shift the focus to better stories! i believe in us

mermysteries:
i believe there are several GL writers out there waiting for a chance to see their work on screen.

This is indeed true. I also believe that there are many original GL scripts out there waiting to be produced. But I understand why some studios prefer novel adaptations. It's because some novels already have a fanbase or followers, like Harry Potter or Twilight, so it's easier for marketing because the fans would see the visual outcome regardless. And it's easier in terms of screenwriting as well, compared to writing an original.

MizMystixism:

This is indeed true. I also believe that there are many original GL scripts out there waiting to be produced. But I understand why some studios prefer novel adaptations. It's because some novels already have a fanbase or followers, like Harry Potter or Twilight, so it's easier for marketing because the fans would see the visual outcome regardless. And it's easier in terms of screenwriting as well, compared to writing an original. 

especially for smaller studios, i also believe adaptations can be the safest option! i just wish they would do some research in order to find some good novels by different authors

GL relationship in drama alert

https://mydramalist.com/733687-ikinokotta-6-ri-ni-yoru-to

Hiyori chan and Yurika chan (Chaser Game) as couple ??️‍?

mermysteries:
it's really sad that the industry sees these problematic (and some even criminal) plots as appealing to the audience...

I just wonder... can a GL romance story of lesbian yandere boss (26) and her straight employee (22) be also considered problematic? I am just writing one story, but I try to keep the yandere part on non-criminal level and so it might just only be "I didn't know, that I can love women until I met you" story. :)

kardasx:

I just wonder... can a GL romance story of lesbian yandere boss (26) and her straight employee (22) be also considered problematic? I am just writing one story, but I try to keep the yandere part on non-criminal level and so it might just only be "I didn't know, that I can love women until I met you" story. :) 

i really don't think so!! they're both adults, so as long as its consensual that's not a problem at all!!

kardasx:

To a growing and increasingly vocal group of people - any romance between a boss and employee is considered problematic/toxic. Because there’s power imbalance stuff at play (theres a certain level of pressure to obeying your boss’s wishes and the fear of workplace retaliation if yall ever have a fight, etc). Though i suppose a Yandere boss could work better than most, as theyre probably not the one doing the pursuing. Idk, like most things, it depends on how it plays out.

i dont think that particular age gap (26-22) is much of a problem by itself. It’s that boss-employee dynamic that will prob be the most difficult. Especially in combination with the age gap.

In general, there’s also something to be said about writing something with problematic elements versus romanticizing it. So if the characters (or the narration) acknowledges it and makes moves to account for/rectify/make up for that, thats one thing. If the story just lets things go without batting an eye, mentions things in passing casually, or have characters just making excuses - thats another thing.

Summer:

but GMMTV is sh*tty with their promotions so what we can do is to hit millions of views per episode and make it number one on the trending list in X.