RealNevermore:

Which software you been using? Unless you make mistakes with choosing the 'canvas' and doing it from PC (as I've never did screen recording from mobile devices), there shouldn't be any hiccups. You will be literally screen recording and broadcasting the thing if you're going to make a discord watch party.

I havent had much luck screenrecording or screenshotting a lot of streaming services, even on PC. It always winds up with a black screen. I know there are some programs/extensions that function as a work around, but they all seem so complicated and i havent had the time to sit down with any of them.

AthenaTheStorierX:

I havent had much luck screenrecording or screenshotting a lot of streaming services, even on PC. It always winds up with a black screen. I know there are some programs/extensions that function as a work around, but they all seem so complicated and i havent had the time to sit down with any of them.

You don't have to do anything. Just download and install OBS (the screen recording and broadcasting software 99.99% people use on planet Earth), select the proper 'canvas' and then just record. It should never come as black screen unless you mess up with 'canvas'. If you want I can show OBS settings. No extension bla bla bla is needed.

Emrys:

OBS Studio on Windows 11. I set up a Display Capture and an Audio Output Capture inside OBS, added hotkeys for starting and stopping recording and then hit record. It only recorded the audio + subtitles, the video itself was a black screen. I don't know, maybe this is something Gagaoolala does to recordings? Because I think it's the same for the anime website Crunchyroll, if you know about it.

Try Netflix and let me know because I have recorded Netflix just last week. Never tried Gaga or CR. I have done on Amazon prime, Disney+, SonlyLIV etc, no problem at all. If your Netflix record comes as black also, then it's obviously some settings problem.

AthenaTheStorierX:
Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko is a must watch for GLs, fs. Hilarious and fabulous.

We talked about it on the BL GL Wonderland Discord server (I'm Emrys there too ^^), but yeah, it was super fun watching this series. Exactly what I needed after going through a slump when it comes to drama recently and after yesterday's marathon of sad lesbian short films on Gaga (I talked about this with Artemisia on GL Fandom Cafe server).

AthenaTheStorierX:
"Digital De-clutter" I like it! I might join you. I could def use some clean up myself.

I also did the KonMari method of tidying both my physical possessions (clothes, books, papers, komono, sentimental items, in this order) and digital ones (things like files, email and so on). I've never been happier to finish tidying up using Marie Kondo's method. I read all of her books on tidying (there are 4). 

The thing is, with digital de-cluttering, that's another book called Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport. I was trying to finish it (I'm 60% done with the book) and in the meantime I impulse bought a Gagaoolala subscription. Since digital de-cluttering also kind of means not watching streaming websites for a month, I realized I can't start doing this until November 1st. So there's that, apparently I gotta wait a whole month to apply this method. But on the plus side, I can watch all the GL I like in October with no limits (except for the uni schedule I gotta attend to). Isn't that wonderful? Maybe I'll find more series like Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko. ^^

RealNevermore:
Try Netflix and let me know because I have recorded Netflix just last week.

I can't try that right now because I don't have a Netflix sub. No money to get it either, sorry. You could share your OBS Studio settings if you'd like and I'll try to copy them as much as possible for my setup.

Emrys:
We talked about it on the BL GL Wonderland Discord server (I'm Emrys there too ^^), but yeah, it was super fun watching this series. Exactly what I needed after going through a slump when it comes to drama recently and after yesterday's marathon of sad lesbian short films on Gaga (I talked about this with Artemisia on GL Fandom Cafe server).

AthenaTheStorierX:

Yea, i know ;) Just figured id contribute to the convo over here some as well. I really should do some more recs/reactions in here.

Emrys:
But on the plus side, I can watch all the GL I like in October with no limits (except for the uni schedule I gotta attend to). Isn't that wonderful? Maybe I'll find more series like Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko. ^^

Can't wait to hear what you find ^-^

RealNevermore:
You don't have to do anything. Just download and install OBS (the screen recording and broadcasting software 99.99% people use on planet Earth), select the proper 'canvas' and then just record. It should never come as black screen unless you mess up with 'canvas'. If you want I can show OBS settings. No extension bla bla bla is needed.

Will have to give that a try. Thank you.

Just checked myself with OBS and Gagaoolala, everything is fine. No problem, black screen whatsoever, at all.

RealNevermore:
Just checked myself with OBS and Gagaoolala, everything is fine. No problem, black screen whatsoever, at all.

Did you try on a paid for video or a free one? With free ones it worked for me too.

Emrys:

Did you try on a paid for video or a free one? With free ones it worked for me too.

Paid, I have gaga subscription. Could you show me your recording and output settings? OBS sources settings too.

Emrys:

Also, bruh, if Streaming sites were that 'advanced' to magically black screen your screen recording with a 3rd party software, then there wouldn't have been any piracy in the world LOL

RealNevermore:

Paid, I have gaga subscription. Are you recording on mobile device? Could you show me your recording settings?

I'm recording on a laptop. These are my settings: 

https://i.postimg.cc/QdCP3NZC/Screenshot-2024-09-27-185347.png

https://i.postimg.cc/TYMgxt8D/Screenshot-2024-09-27-185525.png

I'm honestly not sure what I should show you here. I tried my best to add the sources there but maybe that's not enough? I don't know why it didn't work for a paid one and yet it worked for a free. I recorded the free one first, then the paid one, this morning.

RealNevermore:
Also, bruh, if Streaming sites were that 'advanced' to magically black screen your screen recording with a 3rd party software, then there wouldn't have been any piracy in the world LOL

True, I do realize that the notion of streaming sites blocking your recording is quite out there to be sure. That's why maybe I am indeed doing something wrong and idk what that is.

AthenaTheStorierX:

Will have to give that a try. Thank you.

Mention not, and also the settings, though there's no headache with OBS, there's a auto settings wizard, you'll just have to select your preferences.

Also my settings Recording settings

Canvas options, make sure 'Display Capture' is selected and locked, if you have multiple displays, make sure to choose the right one Canvas Settings

Emrys:

I'm recording on a laptop. These are my settings: 

https://i.postimg.cc/QdCP3NZC/Screenshot-2024-09-27-185347.png

https://i.postimg.cc/TYMgxt8D/Screenshot-2024-09-27-185525.png

I'm honestly not sure what I should show you here. I tried my best to add the sources there but maybe that's not enough? I don't know why it didn't work for a paid one and yet it worked for a free. I recorded the free one first, then the paid one, this morning.

Remove the audio output capture xD you silly