It's such a good day to be a GL fan!! Besides the official announcement for the engineering show and that GORGEOUS poster, we also got:

2 new posters for Be Mine the Series, each featuring  a differente couple (the posters for the other two will probably be released in the following days as well).

The very first poster for Love in the Rain, the first installment in SKIU the Series:

Two actresses from the BL show "I Will Knock You" created a twitter account for their ship MaySom/SomMay, and the bio says "coming soon". It looks like an indicator for a future project, but nothing is confirmed yet. Check it out here: https://twitter.com/miimygirls?t=_WxNA43Ew172fFBGzyrdzg&s=08

Also, can we appreciate how the majority of the upcoming GLs feature a mostly or entirely female cast?? I love this so much

Omg omg mermy you made my day! But it's night already so you made my tomorrow too!

Such an aesthetic beige~

mermysteries:

Also, can we appreciate how the majority of the upcoming GLs feature a mostly or entirely female cast?? I love this so much

Yes, like bls have an all or none principle! Make them all gay, as gay as they can be! It's better this way, i just don't like het in my stuff these days, dkw 

mermysteries:

As it should be! I mean, that's the treatment BL has been getting. I'm very happy and content. <3

Although... I do wonder if having a BL side couple would help bring people over from the BL side easier. But then again, they'd probably just trash it like they do straight dramas with a BL side couple. So nevermind. We dont need that energy.

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

Yes, like bls have an all or none principle! Make them all gay, as gay as they can be! It's better this way, i just don't like het in my stuff these days, dkw 

YAS! Lol.

Mermy (i hope you don't mind this lol, i just need to use a name and mermy sounds cute to me :) you couldnpost these on the feeds too. The posters are stunning and we need more gl activity on feeds

AthenaTheStorierX:

As it should be! I mean, that's the treatment BL has been getting. I'm very happy and content. <3

Although... I do wonder if having a BL side couple would help bring people over from the BL side easier. But then again, they'd probably just trash it like they do straight dramas with a BL side couple. So nevermind. We dont need that energy.

That's what gmmtv is trying with 23.5

This is a whole issue actually. Like people who watched Nevertheless disliked the main arc and hailed soljiwan as the actual queens of the show. Is it because the main story really sucked or because side couples tend to be more popular or a gl hype of sorts? Who knows. I noticed the same with Love is science. 

I myself don't mind side couples, but i like my dramas to be clean bl, clean gl or het

And with 23.5 it seems to be working. People are more interested in Gemini and fourth. and let's not kid ourselves, bl is more popular. I'm super sleepy and out of it right now and I can't word this properly, but while i don't mean to dislike gemfourth, I don't want people to rave about them only and sideline the main lesbian couple just bc they find bl more interesting.  Like you said, we don't need that energy.

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

Omg omg mermy you made my day! But it's night already so you made my tomorrow too!

Such an aesthetic beige~

right?? all the news absolutely made my day too! to see all these projects actually coming together, and knowing that we will be able to watch them soon, makes me so insanely happy!!

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

AthenaTheStorierX:

absolutely, the gayer the better!! and it's so much fun to have multiple couples to root for.

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
This is a whole issue actually. Like people who watched Nevertheless disliked the main arc and hailed soljiwan as the actual queens of the show. Is it because the main story really sucked or because side couples tend to be more popular or a gl hype of sorts? Who knows. I noticed the same with Love is science.

I myself don't mind side couples, but i like my dramas to be clean bl, clean gl or het

There's a difference between having a preference and completely trashing the drama as a whole. The comment section of Love Is Science was a legit garbage fire because of BL fanatics. Like yes, Ouwen and Mark stole the show - one of the benefits of being a support couple is that there's less drama and tension points to frustrate viewers, plus the two meshed so freaking well together inherently. But oof, any discourse about any other storylines quickly got out of hand because people couldnt stay in their own lane (and Im not even just talking about on MDL).

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
And with 23.5 it seems to be working. People are more interested in Gemini and fourth. and let's not kid ourselves, bl is more popular. I'm super sleepy and out of it right now and I can't word this properly, but while i don't mean to dislike gemfourth, I don't want people to rave about them only and sideline the main lesbian couple just bc they find bl more interesting.  Like you said, we don't need that energy.

Yea, It would be incredibly saddening if the BL couple gets so much attention (like they already are) that the viewership loses sight of the fact that it's ultimately a GL drama. One of very few.

But I love Gemini and Fourth together, so I'll be fangirling over both couples as long as the writing delivers. ^-^

mermysteries:
absolutely, the gayer the better!! and it's so much fun to have multiple couples to root for.

I LOVE multiple couples!

and yasss "you get to be gay. and you get to be gay. and you, you are gay too!" Lmao. /hjk

Athena, i cannot quote you but this! people can't seem to understand that secondary couples would seem just as "boring" as the mains seem to be, had they the same screentime because that's what happens when you watch a romance stretched to unnecessary episodes lol

I noticed the thing with Love is Science, it was as if people couldn't handle the bl side couple ;) being a side couple because "they deserved to be the main"

Istg if i see such arguments on 23.5, I'm going to lose my shit. I already see gemfourth fans being absolute twerks on twitter (look there, another rising bl fanclub with fans who have all too much time on their hands). And it happened on their own show! Fans who thought Gemini and fourth would've been better mains as they're a healthier relationship (moonlight chicken).

I just want to enjoy my gl and my bl in peace, engaging with fanwars is way too frustrating...

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

Mermy (i hope you don't mind this lol, i just need to use a name and mermy sounds cute to me :) you couldnpost these on the feeds too. The posters are stunning and we need more gl activity on feeds

That's what gmmtv is trying with 23.5

(don't worry, i liked mermy lol) i will try to post them on feeds, i'm just not sure it works yet

about 23.5, what bothers me is that many people will just show up for GemFourth. some don't give a crap about lesbian representation and just want to fetishize gay male relationships, which is really sad and disrespectful towards MilkLove and sapphic viewers who have waited for so long to see themselves represented in thai dramas. i really like GemFourth, and i think they will do a great job in 23.5, but the kind of viewers they are attracting can be pretty toxic. 

i wrote some more about it in the 23.5 comment section, if anyone is interested: https://mydramalist.com/732637-23-5-degree-the-world-incline#comment-12614371

mermysteries:

right?? all the news absolutely made my day too! to see all these projects actually coming together, and knowing that we will be able to watch them soon, makes me so insanely happy!!

Exactly! I now feel that we're actually-really-seriously going to get these, and soon too. I would cry if something happens to these franchise

AthenaTheStorierX:

I LOVE multiple couples!

and yasss "you get to be gay. and you get to be gay. and you, you are gay too!" Lmao. /hjk

YESTHATS WHAT I WANT TO SEE