kimchininja wrote: Chow mein and fried rice are good. Hot and sour soup, cream corn soup. Green onion pancakes. Home made noodles. Yum!

You just made me drool. XD Now I want some chow mein.
I want egg tart right now and moon cake..
Ej101 wrote: i luv Hokkien mee
Bah kut teh
char kway teow
hainanese chicken rice
chilli crab
Laksa
fried carrot cake
ice kachang [desserts]
satay and rojak
and porridge and many more

oh gosh i missed Singapore food...
http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/browse/dining/signature-dishes.html

These are excellent recommendations. I am surprised that noone else has noticed nor bumped this.
My boyfriend is chinese so his mother always cook tasty chinese food, but I don't know the name of the dishes, haha! xD Other than her homemade cooking I love dumplings, wonton soup, peking duck, chicken fried rice and different dim sum dishes.
KangAhSsi wrote: My boyfriend is chinese so his mother always cook tasty chinese food, but I don't know the name of the dishes, haha! xD Other than her homemade cooking I love dumplings, wonton soup, peking duck, chicken fried rice and different dim sum dishes.

Aww That's sweet that she cooks for you. :3 Those dishes sound yummy. I love wonton soup.
Sleepninja wrote: Aww That's sweet that she cooks for you. :3 Those dishes sound yummy. I love wonton soup.

Yes! It's like heaven everytime!
I love wonton soup, it's so good. I've got a new favorite though. Chinese oxtail soup, so yummy. :')

While assembling and preparing the ingredients is a laborious task, the actual cooking of
Chinese food takes barely a few minutes. This ensures that the food is cooked to
perfection, retaining the fresh flavour and distinct texture of each of the many
ingredients. It's the cheery taste and crispiness of food that sets Chinese cuisine a class
apart. https://docsbay.net/chinese-recipes Schezuan Rice,Sweet and Sour Vegetables, Khimchi, they deserve you to try.

I was lucky enough to visit Tianjin, China on business 20 years ago. I ate with my coworkers in the cafeteria for lunch, instead of having western food brought in for me, and had the best meatballs I’ve ever tasted one day. No idea what they were called and didn’t think to have someone tell me. :(  Was also lucky enough to have goubuli at a local restaurant and haven’t been able to find them here in the Chicago area. Found a Taiwanese restaurant that has steamed buns but they are much smaller and more like dumplings—just not the same. 

• Noodles
  • Rice (Sometimes shrimp rice)
  • Orange Chicken
  • Chicken Fingers

I live in the United States and the Chinese food here is Americanized. I never tasted actual real Chinese food before so I only know American Chinese food. The food that's Americanized tastes very good though! :)

Noodles

xiao long bao

steamed buns

Kung Pao Chicken 

Chow Mein

Dumplings

Steamed buns with meat filling

Dumblings, Fried rice, noodles

• Sweet and sour chicken
  • Fried rice
  • Noodles
  • satay and rojak 

I'm a Chinese girl , and I'm glad to tell you there are so many foods in China! Different province has different dishes ! Like in Beijing , the most famous dish is roast duck and in Jilin, the most famous dish is Guobaorou(it tastes crispy and sour sweet). If you want to taste all the dishes inChina ,maybe you need several years HAHAHAHA. Plus, welcome to China! Cute pandas are waiting for you!

Orange chicken, I try to have it every week.