I can't even see this place changing much either, I mean I wouldn't want to move there with having the place so deserted. I would be literally terrified living in one of the apartments there considering there wouldn't be that many people around, if many at all in the area of living. I can imagine a lot of people feel the same way too, so how will this place ever become more populated? unless prices go down on the apartments, also that the shops and work places are bought and taken over. This is truly ridiculous though, why did they spend all that money and use all those resources to have it this way? what a waste of space and time. It's a shame too since there's people living without homes, and without jobs.
Kuramii wrote: I can't even see this place changing much either, I mean I wouldn't want to move there with having the place so deserted. I would be literally terrified living in one of the apartments there considering there wouldn't be that many people around, if many at all in the area of living. I can imagine a lot of people feel the same way too, so how will this place ever become more populated? unless prices go down on the apartments, also that the shops and work places are bought and taken over.

This is truly ridiculous though, why did they spend all that money and use all those resources to have it this way? what a waste of space and time. It's a shame too since there's people living without homes, and without jobs.

Haha While I find the whole idea stupid and useless, the horror fan in me did think (if I could afford to) that it would be kinda fun to move into a deserted town just because of the creepy vibe. Granted this is just a silly thought and not to be taken seriously. But wouldn't it be fun to open up a hotel in one of those cities and cater to tourists that like creepy things like that? Maybe set up some "Haunted Houses" and touristy attractions like that. OOOOOOOOOhhh better yet, they should rent out the cities for film sets. LOL /me is being silly today. :p
i don't know if this is relevant but the prices for housing in Europe is sorta ridiculous too probably not as bad as China because of the social class divide but the government are more keen on the idea of renting and apparently it's quite popular. I mean it's unlikely that the oppressive Chinese government is going to to give in any time soon but if they're going to do something like that, why don't they lower the freaking price for renting so they will actually make some profit as opposed to none. So long as people have a roof over their heads...well i guess that's not what they care about though.
mulgogi wrote: i don't know if this is relevant but the prices for housing in Europe is sorta ridiculous too probably not as bad as China because of the social class divide but the government are more keen on the idea of renting and apparently it's quite popular. I mean it's unlikely that the oppressive Chinese government is going to to give in any time soon but if they're going to do something like that, why don't they lower the freaking price for renting so they will actually make some profit as opposed to none. So long as people have a roof over their heads...well i guess that's not what they care about though.

I think they are too busy focusing on the short-term benefits rather than the long-term consequences. They're gonna realized eventually that they screwed up, but by then it will probably be too late and they'll be stuck cleaning up this mess they've made.