Quick question -- does anyone know what the MDL badges entail? 

I was offline for a year or two, and while I was updating my drama watching list, I got a notification that I received a "First Time Watcher" badge and "Forum Freshman" badge. I looked it up and noticed that there are 7 more badges: Commentator, Thoughtful, First Time Poster, Big Talker, Trendsetter, Gift Giver, and Santa. Does anyone know what these badges refer to? I also do not see anything after clicking the notification and loading my profile/badges link, so i am a bit confused. If anyone has any insight, thank you!

I was wondering the same thing. I've been updating my watchlist for years, and I suddenly received a "First Time Watcher" badge today, so I was curious what it was about.

This feature is still on test. You can check your badges from your profile page by adding the following slug "/badges" in the url.

It'll look like this => mydramalist.com/profile/[username]/badges

samenai:

This feature is still on test. You can check your badges from your profile page by adding the following slug "/badges" in the url.

It'll look like this => mydramalist.com/profile/[username]/badges

Oh ok, so if i'm interested to know what other badges an MDL user holds to his/her name, i just need to add /badges to his/her MDL profile link. Thanks for the tip.

https://mydramalist.com/profile/AnastasiaWun/badges

If you're on the MDL management board, please tell me what exactly is this for? 

I can understand how a Commentator comes about, but Big Talker? Is Big Talker a one level up after Commentator? What has a Big Talker done to qualify for a Big Talker labelling?

AnastasiaWun:

Yup, every recipient is perplexed as to why MDL gives out such badge when it's only visible to its recipient but not to his/her naked eye after launching his/her own profile page .

Such badge is visible to the recipient ONLY WHEN he/she clicks on the MDL alert message on Notification page!!! 

So, can the MDL spokesperson please share the purpose for giving such entitlement!!!

@sunday >>> You've been offline for a year or two, and yet you've got seven, 7!!! What an achievement! You must have been very active on MDL previously.

omg yes, I am definitely looking forward for someone on the MDL management board to explain more about it!

And oh my, I actually only have 2 (First Time Watcher and Forum Freshman) -- ahaha the 7 I listed were ones i found that other people had through THIS game

Oh my god, I got the first time watcher badge too after I added an entry, then went to google it and ended up here. Was expecting this to be old stuff but looks like it's something new? xD

I just got notified that I received the "first time poster" badge -- But I haven't posted recently and I've definitely had quite a bit of posts already lol -- 

sunday:
I am definitely looking forward for someone on the MDL management board to explain more about it!

They did on another thread when badges were first issued. If you do a fora search, you should find it. There was even a poll on choosing designs.

I was wondering what those badges were for. I saw one popped up a few months ago for commentator & few hours ago for big talker 🤣

Chun Mo Rionnag:

They did on another thread when badges were first issued. If you do a fora search, you should find it. There was even a poll on choosing designs.

Oh! Interesting, that's great! I have been trying to search for the thread (through the actual search with the keyword "badges", just googling, and flipping through the forums), but I am not exactly able to find it. Do you have any ideas on where it is? The most I was able to find is THIS, but it's pretty much only a suggestion. @Chun Mo Rionnag

(If it isn't out yet, I would imagine that they may be posting to explain it more in the next few days/weeks as they roll it out since it does seem like quite a task, excited for when more info is released!)

This Feed post HERE kind of explains which badges are available and how to trigger them. For example, you can instantly get the "Freshie Game Player" or "Freshie Game Maker" badge by playing an MDL Game or making one.

samenai:

This Feed post HERE kind of explains which badges are available and how to trigger them. For example, you can instantly get the "Freshie Game Player" or "Freshie Game Maker" badge by playing an MDL Game or making one.

Ooh interesting! thank you!

Earthling_V:

I just got notified that I received the "first time poster" badge -- But I haven't posted recently and I've definitely had quite a bit of posts already lol -- 

it's probably a retroactive feature

kellzz:

it's probably a retroactive feature

What do you mean with that? 

Carli Beiker:

What do you mean with that? 

It takes into consideration the activity users did even before the feature was implements. So lets say badges show up today, even if I did not write review today, I would get Reviewer badge because I wrote reviews in the past.