@Coolish

I want to point out a couple of things to you.

1. Homosexuality is not just seen as evil and sinful in Islam. Most Christian religions believe this too. Some are more hateful and vocal about it. There are extreme fundementalist Christians that believe homosexuals deserve to die and burn in hell. It's horrible and disgusting, but those kinds of people exist, and they are not only Muslim. In fact, the only openly anti homosexual people I have ever known have been white Christians. And I live in the southern US, so I have, unfortunately, known many. 

2. Yes, entering a country is not a right, it is a privlege. However, our whole foundation is built upon freedom from oppression. Also, it is unconstitutional to exclude anyone based on race, religion, gender or age. There can never be an actual Muslim ban because it would violate human rights. I do agree that our immigration system needs to be dealt with, but trying to ban a whole race and religion of people is morally, ethically and just plain outright WRONG. I say this about anyone who supports a ban of a faith or a race: You are being racist and ignorant, because you are disregarding what the country you claim to want to protect stands for.
Right, so I was going to leave this alone but it's stuck in my head and I keep thinking about it (and because I'm genuinely very curious!)
@Coolie:
How many Muslim people do you know very well/personally?

@Coolish  Lets take your responses one by one shall we?

"Your reply is hilarious and why I said there was no point in getting into a debate in the first place. You falsely compare modern Christianity with modern Islam, seriously? How many terrorist attacks have there been in the last couple years in the name of Christianity? Please remind me because I can't remember.  here's a list of christian terrorist attacks over time 

"how about the florida nightclub shootings?" ** Done by a Muslim you fucking moron."  
Did you just call me a fucking moron?   actually that was in response to YOUR comment about dying in one of THOSE countries for being gay, but those people died in YOUR country for being gay. lets look at some thing about this eh?  how safe are LGBT people in your country? And while we're at it lets take a look at who the vast majority of mass murders in your country are?  Are they terrorists from another country or are they largely white American males?   

"do you think the christian right thinks any differently?" **  You pulled that out of your ass with no proof, no source. Good job. Source

"would you like to discuss trans vaginal ultrasounds for anyone wanting an abortion in some states of america?" ** Honestly comparing not being able to have an abortion with the treatment of women in Islam? LOL - why is this funny?  how much do you know about how women are treated in islam?  do you have personal experience of it, or do you just see the skewed view the media shows you.  How many muslim women do you know?

"Christianity's book demands the stoning of adulterers and perpetrators of apostasy, are you suggesting it's different?" ** Yes, because people in the modern day don't fucking act on it. Most Muslims don't act on the nonsense in their religious text either.

"Your country IS morally obligated.  it is a signatory to a raft of international agreements including the Geneva convention. the right to claim asylum is not a privilege it is a right." ** We are NOT obligated. Whatever obligation you think we have should be changed. Nothing is set in stone.
Refugee Convention - USA is a signatory
geneva convention - USA is a signatory

"so the rest of the world should ban Americans from entering their country because of Christianity?  i live in a Buddhist country.  do you know how many people come to this country with the express intention of converting people?  even though proselytising is illegal?  do you know what percentage of those people are american?" ** Again, pulled this out of your ass with no source, but that's okay. People who come to your country and do something illegal should be punished for it, as it's illegal. You have no actual point here.
Cambodia the ninth fastest country converting to christianity
the damage done by orphanages in cambodia 
the UNICEF report on orphanages in cambodia
friends international on orphanages in cambodia

"(Japanese internment anyone?  it's not like it hasn't happened before!  - know your history)" What's your proof that it's turning into this? Because so far all you've been doing is assuming things with no evidence or proof. Stop trying to compare things that aren't comparable. This is a complete fucking fallacy with no logical reasoning behind it. "It IS discrimination and if you think it's not you need to look at your first amendment." ** It is discrimination yes. Just like it would be discrimination to not want a pedophile around your children.  Are you comparing the vast majority of muslims to pedophiles?  wow 
here's your

first amendment, is what trump is doing to your constitution ok with you?

"The Australian Government puts refugees in concentration camps as a direct scare tactic to prevent people from coming to Australia." ** Again, not comparable because he has not done this. This is the last I'm going to bother replying here. Nothing you said was even slightly intelligent or back up by reason. All you did was pull things out of your ass and make assumptions.

I just don't even know how to respond to your last argument.  Can't you see a warning about what is ahead for you guys if your president doesn't stop this crap? Now I've provided some sources and information (which is more than you've done, by the way).
@Naksken -. The US isn't on good terms with ANYONE right now.  I'm Australian and you guys are about to lose a strategic ally.

I am not an US citizen as you made it sound like I was, but Australia and Europe (From which I am) would never quit being an ally of the USA for both political and economical reasons. I can tell you that for sure. 

@Coolish, You may argue or disagree with others, but please do it in a civilized way. There is no need to scold at people by calling them ''moron''. 

@ThomasNL you're right.  I did assume you were american.  My apologies.

However before our current Prime Minister became PM he gave a speech about how it's no longer beneficial to be an ally of the US in the pacific.  I'm trying to find it to link to it now, but all i can find is bloody Turnbull/Trump articles and essays about how gutless our PM is.  when i find it, I'll link it
"spincers response to the president tweet is, "companies shouldnt judge ivanka on her fathers policies" no guilt by association.
but blame 1.2 billion muslims and ban them over some fanatics is acceptable."

Right On! (again! Panda)
There have been so many good points made in this thread already, but I would like to add my voice to the mix.  

@bannie asked if a Muslim ban was ok or not.  I firmly believe is it NOT okay to ban anyone based on religion, place of birth, skin color, parents' last names, favorite choice of pet, extreme ignorance by choice, shoe size, sexual preference, gender, sex, fluidity, distaste of hair growth treatments, abhorrence of fake tans.... Who knows? Maybe those of us who enjoy Asian Dramas will be the next to be attacked.  

TL;DR: It's a slippery slope for any nation to create and enforce a ban based on arbitrary prejudices; especially by a nation that prides itself on being created by immigrants who rallied for Freedom of Religion.

Mandatory Disclosures: I'm American.  I'm part Native American. 

P.S. If we are going to start allowing bans based on nonsensical rules, my first Executive Order will be to ban everyone who has not watched Healer from watching any form of entertainment until they do so. 

P.P.S. I dislike shoe laces.  Someone make an arbitrary Executive Order to ban them, please.  May you can do that, @Coolish? Since you're only slightly cool, and most definitely bigoted enough to do it. I'd say I was disappointed in your posts, but I think it's positive when ignorance uncloaks itself for all to see.  To appreciate the Light, Darkness exists.

@Panda,

I wasn't suggesting that Europe can't turn our back on the USA out of fear for Russia, but simply saying that we rely on the USA for both political and economical reasons. I'll give you an example; My country's annual trade is roundabout 380 billion dollar per year with the United States, while Mexico and some other Southern American countries are only good for a 30 billion dollar per year, so who's going to replace that if we decide to turn our backs on them? Russia (Are they really better than the USA?). 

And let's not exaggerate by saying that he is banning 1.2 billion of Muslims (though I'm pretty sure he wants it) enterring the country as he only banned 7 countries (which are muslim, yes) from enterring their borders (Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Yemen and Somalia). And to be honest, all these 7 countries are not on good terms with the United States nor are they very organized (except Iran) due to civil war, so the question is whether you allow them in your country and not being able to determine their past or by rejecting them to avoid it? Now let me be clear that I do not agree with their policy once more as I think everyone is equal and deserves a chance to live in a peaceful environment.