thanks so much for all the encouragement.

ive been doing some thinking and it seems medicine is the way to go for me.

and I have another question. what if I study in Malaysia? would I be able to work there if im not Malaysian? idk if this is a good idea but it seems comparatively cheaper and better so im gonna do a bit of research first

Sherlock Holmes:

im going to Korea next year to study Medicine at Yonsei. if you know Korean, Yonsei is one of the SKY colleges. so its like Harvard, but Korean ^-^

that sounds cool but Korean culture is too different from mine and I don't think I could adjust to it since I can at best speak broken Korean but not read or write. 

thanks for the suggestion tho <3

I have studied in 3 different countries and in 3 different languages, and here is the best advice I can give you. Go for college in your own country and if you are interested in studying abroad, choose a study abroad program. This gives you guidance and direction when you first arrive. Then, if you decide this is for you, you may find a way to stay as a regular student. In order to study a subject like medicine, your foreign language command would need to be superb. The tuition for med school in the US is insane even for native-born Americans and you would end up paying back your school loans for the rest of your life unless you get a really good scholarship. In other countries, English based med programs all over the world will charge more money since they offer classes in English. I don't know enough about Asian education systems and colleges to give you advice, but I would assume that the best, most elite programs teach in their native languages. 

I am a HUGE fan of exchange programs for students. One of the programs like that completely and totally changed my life for the better.

There is no harm in trying to apply for colleges in other countries, but make sure you are realistic about the cost and job prospects after you finish. Are you willing to stay in a foreign country till the rest of your life? Are your job prospects really so much better elsewhere? Will you be chained by debt for the next 20 years? (Common among the US students) It's not easy to transfer your credentials once you are a doctor in one country, but it's not impossible. I have seen people doing that in the US. I have friends who are doctors and pharmacists, and they didn't go to college in the US. It took tons of dedication on their part, but it paid off. Now, some of the people with degrees from other countries are less lucky. It's a matter of opportunities, tenacity and luck. 

Also, how quickly after graduating would you need to find a job? Can you stay in a foreign country and afford to look around or jump through the hoops of getting a work visa? Can you afford to wait to transfer your credentials for 1-3 years, if necessary? How will you pay your bills then?

Otherwise, good luck with college and have fun applying. 

@Linus

thank you so much for all the advice. ill be sure to keep this in mind. gonna take a tour of Malaysia to check the conditions around there in around a week or so. the best universities do teach in English but they're more oriented towards Malaysian natives and getting a scholarship will prolly be hard bc of that. don't plan on studying in the us or England. the fees are no joke. I don't wanna be in debt for the rest of my life lol

thanks a lot <3