Has Kinou Nani Tabeta? (What Did You Eat Yesterday?) been suggested to the thread a thousand times already? Apologies if it has. I think of it every time I see the thread title in the Discussions list :)

Chicken salad.

half of a ham sandwich

Some nice salmon with risotto and LOTS of champagne - I'm celebrating! Just won a full scholarship for master's degree in europe  (they're even paying my flights) :D

acpsa:

Some nice salmon with risotto and LOTS of champagne - I'm celebrating! Just won a full scholarship for master's degree in europe  (they're even paying my flights) :D

Congratulations!!!  Best wishes!

eightocci:

half of a ham sandwich

Likewise apart from I'm having chicken sandwich ... Lol

acpsa:

Congratulations ?

Smoked Fish Stir fry and rice 

It's the 4th of July holiday here.  Turkey burgers with ice cream for dessert.  

My dad had an old school ice cream maker when I was a kid.  He thought the electric kind was cheating and not real homemade ice cream.  I would start cranking it when it was easy as he held it down and when the ice cream began to firm up, he would take over while I sat on the top to keep it from toppling over.     Fun memories.  Blue Bell's Homemade ice cream flavor tastes almost exactly like the kind we made.

This ice cream maker looks similar to ours, but it's missing the handle.  A shiny metal container with the paddle in it held the liquid mix and sat inside the bucket. Its lid was connected to the crank element.  We filled the area around the metal container with ice and rock salt that had to be replenished as it melted while the handle was cranked.  We did this out in the yard because the salty liquid came out of a drain hole near the bottom.

The Butterfly:

My dad had an old school ice cream maker when I was a kid.  He thought the electric kind was cheating and not real homemade ice cream.  I would start cranking it when it was easy as he held it down and when the ice cream began to firm up, he would take over while I sat on the top to keep it from toppling over.     Fun memories.  Blue Bell's Homemade ice cream flavor tastes almost exactly like the kind we made.

This ice cream maker looks similar to ours, but it's missing the handle.  A shiny metal container with the paddle in it held the liquid mix and sat inside the bucket. Its lid was connected to the crank element.  We filled the area around the metal container with ice and rock salt that had to be replenished as it melted while the handle was cranked.  We did this out in the yard because the salty liquid came out of a drain hole near the bottom.

Homemade ice cream! Yum?

jubies33:

Homemade ice cream! Yum?

Haven't had it in years, and I really miss the ice cream and my dad. :'(

turkey and cheese on white

The Butterfly:

Wow. That's so cool.  I love when people keep mementos like this ?

Veggie Burgers