Chow Fun, Hawaiian Style!

ハンバーグ定食 with fries and salad

Sweet potato and black bean enchilada casserole

Gemista: stuffed vegetables (tomatoes, zucchini, peppers and eggplants) with rice, vegetables and herbs baked in the oven together with potatoes, until soft and nicely browned. They are heavenly tasty with feta cheese and freshly baked bread.

Souvlaki, chicken skewers, tzatziki, fried zucchinis and fries.

Salad with chicken

Stir-fry Chicken with vegs and rice

Tonkatsu with homemade sauce, wakame, rice

lentil soup with added chicken stock, chunk chicken, white corn and sliced tricolor carrots (dark purple, bright orange and light yellow)

turned a somewhat unappetizing burgundy color because of brown lentil soup color plus dark purple carrots. edible and filling anyway

I couldn't sleep the other night and was watching the guy who plays different dog breeds in different situations on YT.  As I was scrolling I came across a couple of different recipes.  One was for lentil patties and looked simpler than one I've used before and called for red lentils which I had on hand.   There was also a parmesan potatoes recipe.  Cool!

So tonight I started the potatoes and all was well until I was looking for the parmesan I bought the other day.  Turns out hubby used it and forgot to let me know.  :/  I'll adjust recipe to not include parm.  No problem.

Started the lentil patties.  No problem.  Everything going fine.   Had already used my food processor to make date/dried cherry/ almond bars sort of like Kind ones earlier.  I ground up the veggies called for in the  lentil recipe in it.  Added the soaked and drained red lentils.  Nothing.  Tried a different outlet.  Nothing.  Made sure the GFCI hadn't been tripped.  Still nothing.  Emptied it out, jiggled everything, reinserted all the parts.  Tried again.  Yeah, it was dead.  Out comes the blender.  Wouldn't work without adding a little water.  Sigh.  Okay.  Got everything ground smooth.  But now I had to drain the mixture.  Afterwards, I added a few pulverized bread crumbs to hopefully hold the whole thing together.  

After a comedy of errors, the lentil patties and Not Parmesan Parmesan Potatoes were ready to eat and the kitchen was trashed like someone had cooked for an entire wedding party.  Hubby asked about a veggie.  I grabbed a tomato, whacked it up and served and not on his head.  LOL

Both dishes were not created as intended but ended up being tasty.    RIP food processor.  And thank you dear What's for Dinner friends for listening to my cooking debacle rant.  ❤

2 double meat patties with cheese ? 

penne made of chickpea, yellow and red lentil flour with bit of chunk chicken and garlicky tomato sauce 

Broiled chicken ? in white sauce