all kinds of chinese dishes

i had pastas with green olives, but only felt the sour of the souse "having a cold and no smell sucks" :))

dany_elle1908:

i had pastas with green olives, but only felt the sour of the souse "having a cold and no smell sucks" :))

I hope you feel better soon!  Losing your sense of smell is no fun when nearly everything tastes the same.  Wishing you a speedy recovery so that you can enjoy eating again!

Bone broth soup. I found cheap bones on sale at a meat store, parbroiled them to get rid of the scum, then browned in a skillet. Tossed into a slow cooker with onions, garlic, peppercorns, and a cinnamon stick I had toasted in a pan.  Added a beef ramen pack that was too spicy for me, but somehow worked when it was diluted with other flavors. 

Turned out like a spicy pho. Not bad for a cheap, lazy week day meal. 

2 and 1/3 ground beef enchiladas out with Dad

Took in disturbing scene of someone very drunk T^T

Thursday night special--Baked salmon, sautéed asparagus and mushrooms, pasta with parmesan

Roasted squash and lentil soup in the slow cooker. 

salmon with vegs and some salad, I'm on a diet right now

Chicken ramen.

We went to a local farm and bought a huge paper bag filled to the brim with fresh, sweet corn.  They harvest and sell it, and when it's gone, it's gone.  People come from all around to buy it.  

We spent most of the day shucking, blanching, cutting it off the cob and bagging it for the freezer.  

For dinner I made ground turkey with cheese patties, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes, and sliced avocados.  This was the sweetest, most tender, juiciest corn I can remember ever eating.  Whatever the weather did this year, it made some delicious corn.