Today I had roti and chicken curry for dinner.

usna:

Today I had roti and chicken curry for dinner.

I had to look that up-lucky you!  What a good meal!

ChessWidow:

Recently, I’ve been in a slump and just don’t know what to cook anymore. Hoping this thread will give me some inspiration. :)

Some days I stare into the frig or pantry and hope something  speaks to me.  Dr gave my husband a come to Jesus meeting about his health a couple of years ago so we are mostly vegan. His blood work has been amazing since then. I cheat once a week somewhere with chicken or seafood.  But it is a challenge to make something interesting every night. He’s not crazy about garlic or spicy food. I’ve been trying to build up his tolerance to both. :). Like drama slumps sometimes we have to try something outside our cooking comfort zones to inspire us. 

Already trying to figure out how I might be able to adapt @usna’s curry dish.  I had to look it up on-line but it looks tasty. :)

Hopefully, we’ll both be inspired by the posts. 

Tonight I had Georgia Brunswick stew for dinner. It takes forever to make, but it goes perfectly with the season. Here is a recipe if anyone is curious: https://savortheflavour.com/georgia-brunswick-stew/#tasty-recipes-4946

SkytheSnail:

Tonight I had Georgia Brunswick stew for dinner. It takes forever to make, but it goes perfectly with the season. Here is a recipe if anyone is curious: https://savortheflavour.com/georgia-brunswick-stew/#tasty-recipes-4946

Bookmarked it! We occasionally eat meat when my son comes home and this looks like an amazing splurge. Thank you for sharing!

Tonight I had sushi as I was at a friend's house for a small get together+karaoke session and she ordered takeout from Sushi Garden (a restaurant with relatively good sushi). We also had some fried squid as her husband had bought too much the other day so we helped her with it lol.

MsBookworm:

Tonight I had sushi as I was at a friend's house for a small get together+karaoke session and she ordered takeout from Sushi Garden (a restaurant with relatively good sushi). We also had some fried squid as her husband had bought too much the other day so we helped her with it lol.

A feast and fun with friends!!! Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

Shadow:

Meat pie ! :)

Color me curious. What kind?

I had lunch with a friend at a little Chinese place. 

Chicken and Broccoli, green beans and rice. I would work there for a month for free if they would teach me how to make their green beans. Yum!

It look delicious exept for the broccoli i don't like them  exept in soup and mixed with others vegetables if you have a recipe or a secret that manage to make me like them i would  love to know it ;) (as well as my body :))

Minced beef, mushrooms, onions, various spices, cooking cream all wrapped in a puff pastry ( i hope it make sense in english )

Shadow:

It look delicious exept for the broccoli i don't like them  exept in soup and mixed with others vegetables if you have a recipe or a secret that manage to make me like them i would  love to know it ;) (as well as my body :))

Minced beef, mushrooms, onions, various spices, cooking cream all wrapped in a puff pastry ( i hope it make sense in english )

That sounds good in any any language. :)

Fresh broccoli wasn’t something we ate growing up.  Years ago I had to train myself to eat it.  Now it’s normal but there for awhile when I was learning to eat it, I just had to poke it down.  That’s not much help I know. ;)

In fact you were not of any help XD You basically told me  to put my big-girl pant

and try hard until i stop spitting them out!! ;)

Shadow:

In fact you were not of any help XD You basically told me  to put my big-girl pant

and try hard until i stop spitting them out!! ;)

LOL

There are broccoli casseroles with lots of cheese and rice and other things that help tame the broccoli but they aren’t very good for you. ;)

I make a yellow squash and carrot casserole for Thanksgiving that is a heart attack on a plate. I petite dice the carrot and squash and boil (start with the carrots, then add the squash because of two different cooking times)until tender. So far it’s healthy. 

Drain well. Then in a big bowl with the veggies I add thyme, a little cayenne, salt, pepper, caramelized onions, cream, eggs, and grated cheese.  Pour that into a casserole dish and top with buttered fresh bread crumbs. Bake until done. Soooo good and so bad for you.  My son dislikes squash but he will lick his plate clean when served this casserole. 

Honestly that  sounds really delicious !! <3

My palate and stomach thank you ( I will definetely try too cook it;))

Today was the-leftover-wonton soup day. 

It's one of my favourite dishes, you should try them if you never ate them. There's no need to follow any recipe, just use your leftover food as filling. Wonton wrappings are a little tricky - I always make them by hand but they are a pain the the a55 to make, so you might want to buy ready to use wrappers at your Asian Grocery Store.