@Estelll  *whiney* still headachey but also could be because i am coming up on 24 hours awake with no clue why ... again ha. once i sleep it probably will be for 12 hours. wish i had something different to eat in my house. maybe i can get a ride thursday to pick up prescription and hit some grocery (3 choices on same street). got inexpensive eggs so even with apple cider vinegar in boil water they smelled eggy. i tend to like warm foods. not a salad person myself. my childish mindset is why eat shaped green water? hmm what green do i eat? pesto has basil and spinach sometimes and well green colored candy haha. eating gluten free by choice i can only longingly look at lovely breads (or maybe secretly sniff them? X -8 ) <-(tried to make a sniffing nose face ha). been a long while so better not venture a gluten try

good mornight zzzz

I’m so excited! Just had lunch with a friend at an authentic mandarin restaurant and next door is a Korean bakery! I’ve never had it before but got a red bean bun, a mocha bread, another cream bun, and an almond red bean bread. Too full to try it now but I think I’ll have something with some tea for dinner later. I’m happy to have found some bakery items I always see on K-dramas. :)

ChessWidow:

I’m so excited! Just had lunch with a friend at an authentic mandarin restaurant and next door is a Korean bakery! I’ve never had it before but got a red bean bun, a mocha bread, another cream bun, and an almond red bean bread. Too full to try it now but I think I’ll have something with some tea for dinner later. I’m happy to have found some bakery items I always see on K-dramas. :)

Please report back on how they tasted. I’ve always been curious to know. :)

Schmetterling:

Please report back on how they tasted. I’ve always been curious to know. :)

Will do!

I just had the red bean bun and it was delicious. It was a bread with a sweet red bean paste filling topped with black sesame seeds. I took a picture but can’t get it to let me share it here in the forum. :(  Hubby ate the mocha cream bun, which was basically like a coffee flavored muffin. Not really any chocolate flavor like you would expect from a mocha flavor. Will definitely buy the red bean buns again, not so sure about the mocha bun. 

chicken with garlic

ChessWidow:

I just had the red bean bun and it was delicious. It was a bread with a sweet red bean paste filling topped with black sesame seeds. I took a picture but can’t get it to let me share it here in the forum. :(  Hubby ate the mocha cream bun, which was basically like a coffee flavored muffin. Not really any chocolate flavor like you would expect from a mocha flavor. Will definitely buy the red bean buns again, not so sure about the mocha bun. 

I can’t get pictures to load here either.  They sound good and now you know where to get more. :)

roseprincess:

chicken with garlic

Mmmmmm....chicken with garlic is so good.  

We’re having roasted Brussel Sprouts and red bell peppers, cannellini beans and brown rice.  I wish I had some of your chicken to go with it. :)

Today we had fresh peas stew derbiye (derbiye in Greece=flour & lemon sauce, although the word comes from the Turkish word terbiye=egg & lemon sauce, which in Greece is called avgolemono=literally egg and lemon!), some leftover burgers, boiled beetroots & beet greens, and broccoli for salad. :)

Estelll:

Today we had fresh peas stew derbiye (derbiye in Greece=flour & lemon sauce, although the word comes from the Turkish word terbiye=egg & lemon sauce, which in Greece is called avgolemono=literally egg and lemon!), some leftover burgers, boiled beetroots & beet greens, and broccoli for salad. :)

My husband and I split beets. He likes the roots and I like the greens. ;)

Are the peas served in the egg and lemon sauce but called stew?

Schmetterling:

My husband and I split beets. He likes the roots and I like the greens. ;)

Are the peas served in the egg and lemon sauce but called stew?

First of all, Greek derbiye is flour & lemon, not egg & lemon, as I explained. 

We stew the peas (water, olive oil, along with basically what one would expect with peas, like carrots, onions, and potatoes) and then, when they're ready and cooked thoroughly, we mix the juice of about 2 lemons with a tea spoon of flour in a bowl, pour it in the pot, and let it come to boil for max 5 minutes more, stirring carefully, until it thickens. Fresh dill green goes well with peas for flavour, if available.

It's basically the same way we usually cook chick-pea soup here in Greece - minus the carrots and potatoes. 

Derbiye is also great with fish, and some vegetables!

If you want to make egg & lemon sauce (it goes well with any meat, and also with some vegetable dishes), it's similar with derbiye, meaning you add it at the end of cooking, before serving the food.

You whip 1-2 eggs, then stir them with lemon juice in a bowl (amount of lemon juice depends on how thick you want the sauce to be). But you need to make sure to pour some of the hot liquor/broth/juice that's already on the pot to your bowl with the eggs-lemon mix, to stir thoroughly to warm up, keep stirring madly until you pour it in the pot, and keep stirring after you put it in the pot, until it thickens - otherwise you'll basically have a soupy scramble eggs sauce instead of egg-lemon (avgolemono) sauce, lol! 

If that sounds complicated, it's because it is, but it becomes incredibly simpler if 2 people make it together! :D

Happy cooking!! :)

Estelll:
First

Thanks for clarifying.  Somewhere in the derbiye, terbiye, avegolemono descriptions my tired brain got confused. 

Thank you also for the recipes! :)

I am definitely trying the chickpea soup version. I’m always looking for new ways to serve them.  My husband loves peas and this sounds like a fresh way to make them. Thank you so much.

I messed up tempering my eggs once and ended up with a scrambled egg sauce before. Yuck. :(

yesterday's leftovers of beef, brown rice, cumin, garlic and lentils

Today was breaded pork chops, potatoes, and cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

Finally bought an Instant Pot and have been looking at recipes. Tomorrow I think I’ll make a chicken tortilla soup. I‘ve been uninspired with only cooking for two people and hubby is too spoiled to even use the microwave. LOL At least I’ve found some inspiration with my new toy. ;)